Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marketing Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by offerfind View Post
    On the otherhand, many people love the concept and are willing to accept it. Our only objective is to deliver coupon codes at the point of sale to eliminate time wasted searching for them.
    Regardless of whether the plugin is a toolbar or something that pops up at checkout, I think most of the concerns expressed in this thread is that your plugin will take credit for sales referred by another publisher or marketing channel.

2. Thanks From:

NOTE: That we are NOT currently monetizing through most affiliate networks including SAS, CJ, and LinkShare, and have only begun testing the affiliate business model with the plugin. Please do your homework! There are no background redirects.

There is a lot of mis-information on this thread. CouponFollow (website) and Coupons at Checkout (plugin) are two completely different products. So for those posting our IDs here, you're causing us harm and general confusion.

Please email me at marc [at] couponfollow.com if you have questions. I invite all publishers, merchants, network managers, etc. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Marketing Manager
    There is a lot of mis-information on this thread.
    There are a lot of people currently reading this thread and who will read it in the future. You should probably correct the mis-information here in addition to asking people to message you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Grimm View Post
    There are a lot of people currently reading this thread and who will read it in the future. You should probably correct the mis-information here in addition to asking people to message you.
    This thread was just brought to my attention. I will attempt to respond to everyone asap! Thanks!

6. Thanks From:

To answers some concerns in this thread please note the following:

1) CouponFollow is a website only, the software is called Coupons at Checkout (Connie, I'd appreciate if you could update the topic title as this is causing confusion!!!).
    2) It is NOT a toolbar. I dislike toolbars myself, and can't stand to be grouped into that. It is software/plugin/addon.
    3) There are NO background redirects, hijacking, etc! We are only testing monetization with a very small number of merchants on a whitelist, PRO-ACTIVE click only.

~~ OPMS / Affiliate Managers ~~
    For those Affiliate Managers, and OPMs in this thread... It makes me sad to hear you are removing us from programs without even reaching out to us first.
    Currently this software has nothing to do with the affiliate monetization coming from our website. Please contact me directly if you have questions at marc [at] couponfollow.com.

~~ MERCHANTS / ADVERTISERS ~~
    1) Again, to re-establish this point, we aren't "hijacking" anything. There are no background redirects, etc. We are testing affiliate monetization through pro-active clicks, which works in the same manner as any coupon code website works. Only a small number of advertisers are being tested currently.

2) The question that should be asked is... Is it beneficial for merchants? Our research shows that presenting coupons on the checkout page helps decrease shopping cart abandonment over the traditional method (shopper leaves the site to search for a coupon, lands on a search engine, goes to a coupon site, then must return to the site of origin).
    We've spent over a year developing this to be beneficial to both the consumer and the retailer. We are interested in doing case studies in this realm. Please message me in interested.

ABW Ambassador
    This case may be totally different since nobody has done any testing as to if any background redirects are being made or not, existing affiliate cookies are being overwritten or not

But...

Two common things toolbar affiliates always say when caught are
    1) Only a small group of advertisers are being tested
    2) Its beneficial for the merchants
    Last edited by sam_park; March 4th, 2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Your honor, I have no further questions at this time. Guilt by association.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park View Post
    This case may be totally different since nobody has done any testing as to if any background redirects are being made or not, existing affiliate cookies are being overwritten or not

But...

Two common things toolbar affiliates always say when caught are
    1) Only a small group of advertisers are being tested
    2) Its beneficial for the merchants
    Hi Sam,

To pass NQ you have to be completely transparent about the process. But if you're still a skeptic about our software, you can run a program called Fiddler and you'll be able to see all the network traffic that goes through. Let me know if you have questions about this. Any merchants we are monetizing will open a new tab to that coupon page, just as it would if you were on a coupon website and clicked a coupon.

This is our first attempt at software. I don't believe in toolbars because they take up screen real estate, and have gotten such a bad rap for deceptive practices. I do however believe in helpful software. I'm not sure if it was implied, but please do not refer to us as a toolbar affiliate.

Software, Spyware, adware, parasiteware, browser help objects, cookie stuffing, toolbars are all lumped into the same category in my book of management.

12. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Recommend contacting Kellie Stevens at AffiliateFairPlay.com: Home for help with this. If she verifies your software you are go-to-go here.

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Recommend contacting Kellie Stevens at AffiliateFairPlay.com: Home for help with this. If she verifies your software you are go-to-go here.
    It would be nice to see her back on ABW but since her account is blocked, she's MIA.

Her account is not blocked, just checked. Who blocked it?

She says she can't login.

Ask her to try again. I asked Matt to check into it and post back here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/inner...ts-164292.html

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    They never had a chance with us... Guess it was a good decision

[QUOTE=offerfind;1146672]To answers some concerns in this thread please note the following:

1) CouponFollow is a website only, the software is called Coupons at Checkout (Connie, I'd appreciate if you could update the topic title as this is causing confusion!!!).

The software is promoted on the website. Same company. Using information from the site (coupons) in the software/browser add-in. That's like saying Ebates and their old MoeMoneyMaker weren't related.
    And they all say they are only testing, not redirecting, not overwriting cookies, not using merchants without permission etc. Heard it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld View Post
    To answers some concerns in this thread please note the following:

1) CouponFollow is a website only, the software is called Coupons at Checkout (Connie, I'd appreciate if you could update the topic title as this is causing confusion!!!)..
    The software is promoted on the website. Same company. Using information from the site (coupons) in the software/browser add-in. That's like saying Ebates and their old MoeMoneyMaker weren't related.
    And they all say they are only testing, not redirecting, not overwriting cookies, not using merchants without permission etc. Heard it all before
    This look like déjà vu all over again!

I think I am getting too for this .

It is things like this that give coupon sites a bad name, which is unfair to us hardworking coupon sites that don't optimize for merchant name coupon, don't do the click to get code while a new window opens to set the cookie, don't post unauthorizwed coupons - we just create a loyal following based on our having up to date coupons, and having content that our visitors want.
    Coupon sites can be valuable to merchants, bringing in shoppers who might never have shopped at their online store but decided to try it because of a coupon we offer.
    It is frustrating to play by the rules and be lumped in a group with people cheating the system and other affiliates.

CouponFollow is a Parasite
    They joined our ShareASale program via Skimlinks. 9 sales in 1 day with 1 click. So greedy . Their sales share is increasing while others decreasing is another proof. Going to block them.

I'd love to hear PM's thoughts on Skimlinks. Do their publishers add value to your program?

I've see several couponers move over to Viglinks to automate their site. Haven't had any issues with Skimlinks as they appeal to bloggers. I had seen a case where a couponer has bid on trademark when it wasn't allowed in the program , they were warned but persisted and when removed went over to Viglinks. I have contacted Viglinks and got them removed.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12