Questions for Google Network Moderator
    3 questions for you --

1) Where is Google on fixing its tracking issues with Safari?

2) Do these same issues affect Adsense tracking (and therefore Adsense commissions)?

2) Do these same issues affect Google Analytics reporting?

H-e-l-l-o ? I know you're there, because you are active on other posts in this forum. Why not take just a minute and address these questions?

Thanks

Good questions, glad you bumped!

Yes, had never thought of that til now.

Bump.

How about it, moderator? 194 people have viewed this thread. We know you're here, so why not answer?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Safari/iphone questions go back a year or more and there has NEVER been an answer here or anywhere else that they have been asked.

Any affiliate who continues to promote their merchants is cutting their own throat. Merchants are 1) getting a free ride, and 2) deceiving their hard-working affiliates and in effect stealing their commissions, as aided and abetted by GAN.

I have submitted these questions here, in emails to GAN and to merchant affiliate managers, elsewhere, and a few days ago in a survey response. Never the decency of a reply. From anyone. Ever.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Merchants have been addressing the issue themselves by changing to (I think, can't remember but have gotten emails) pixel tracking on their sites.

I do not expect the Google machine to change It's ways as it is not beneficial to It...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    perhaps they can't comment

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    perhaps they can't comment
    If I close my eyes no one can see me...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

10. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Can't or won't comment but still promote here, and elsewhere.

Deafening silence goes beyond GAN employees - GAN merchants I used to do well with that I have stopped promoting then inquired "Why" also have not responded when I told them why.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Well, it was worth a try to get some sort of feedback from Google. Wow. I'm just amazed at the lack of professionalism and business savy on Google's part. The implications of their inaction and refusals to communicate on this issue will ripple through affiliate relationships for a long time, because they are (a) short changing us on the affiliate payments we have earned from GAN merchants, and (b) short changing us on Adsense payments we have earned (yes, we're probably being shafted there also). I've already moved links to another affiliate program for one of our key merchants, and I'm downplaying the importance of other GAN merchants on our sites. The next step will be to just remove them, and to get the Adsense material off of our sites.

Personally, I would have been satisfied with a simple "We're working on it, hope to have this fixed by the 3rd quarter" or something similar. But to just ignore postings on this forum over and over? Unbelieveable.

ABW Ambassador
    The Goog moderator here only answers very specific GAN interface related issues and posts about their new program launches. You can't engage her/him in any broader discussion.

Thanks, Sam, I didn't know that. So I'll let the Google Moderator off the hook.

I've already given up -- this problem is about a year old and apparently Google is not going to resolve it. I'm going to take down our remaining Google publisher links, and take out the Adsense links. Good riddance.

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread