ABW Ambassador
    What Happened today?
    Is there something going on in the USA today? I have had a terrible day for sales and it's a big contrast to yesterday when I had a great day. Anyone else seeing slow sales today? i do notice Friday's can be slow though but never this slow...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

The Sequester (economic budget cuts) took place either midnight Thursday or Friday:

Of course, while we wait to see who is correct about the sequester experiment, real people are worried about their jobs, their paychecks, their mortgages, their car payments and their businesses.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...nclick_check=1
    Yahoo describes the "hangover blues" from the sequester:
    http://news.yahoo.com/sequester-blue...183142629.html
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 2nd, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

3. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    The Sequester (economic budget cuts) took place either midnight Thursday or Friday:

Yahoo describes the "hangover blues" from the sequester:
    Sequester blues: Morning-after hangover hits Washington - Yahoo! News
    But that has nothing to do with the real world.

Just got back from an afternoon of shopping in the real world. Restaurants, stores, and parking lots were FULL...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

5. Thanks From:

Sales numbers look great here for a Saturday

ABW Ambassador
    well I got a few last minutes sales and a big one from one advertiser made it a generally good day in the end. I hate it when I get up (here in Aussie) and look at my stats and see very few sales but the good thing is sales seem to go through until about now which I think is about midnight in the USA now..... some of the best sales seem to happen either really early or really late for some reason.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Glad to hear things picked up!

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    some of the best sales seem to happen either really early or really late for some reason.
    For us it really depends on the product niche. One of the most interesting time frames we see is in jewelry. Very early AM hours on Saturday and Sunday. Only thing we could deduce is people tend to drink heavily and think they are in love - then go jewelry shopping...ROFL

9. Thanks From:

Also remember that a lot of merchants still do batch updates, so the commissions may not show until several hours after they take place. It's getting less common, but a lot of smaller guys still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kemcar View Post
    I don't think there is any such thing like that. Sales has nothing to do with days, if you are to make a sale, the day won't be counted.
    What?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    What?
    LOL - I'm glad that was unclear to someone else too.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looks like kemcar just wants to post to forums without knowing what their talking about. Must be some new fad, we call it spam and kemcar is now taking a tech nap!

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    ...One of the most interesting time frames we see is in jewelry. Very early AM hours on Saturday and Sunday. Only thing we could deduce is people tend to drink heavily and think they are in love - then go jewelry shopping...ROFL
    Too funny! That made me literally LOL

16. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I was renovating one of my properties when I was about to buy an engagement ring for my fiancee last year. I would wait till the end of the day, after my dinner etc. I would then get online and research. I ended up using Bluenile as others from here were buying in the USA from them and getting good deals and they do make it easy to see what you are buying and get what you want. I spent several evening going through the catalog and ring design system. I can see most people would want to also research something expensive like that so I would say most sales for rings would happen after 6.pm but yeah that is funny, I never thought much about that

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread