Angry SuperFish??
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this - is there any code or script that can be put on a webpage to prevent superfish from overlaying their ads on a webpage? I was horrified to see this thing in action tonight, on my pages because I use the mozilla browser and have an addon. Then when I did a little research I found the IE, Chrome, and Mozilla have all thrown in with these thieves!!

When you mention Superfish, to me that means a jquery script that generates fancy menu effects. But it sounds like you're talking about some kind of browser plugin/spyware.

Any new software installs lately..?

Are you suggesting that IE, Chrome, and FF are somehow bundling spyware? I highly, highly doubt that is the case. More likely, you have spyware on your computer, or some type of toolbar. I would run a malware/spyware scan on the system, and disable any browser extensions/plugins you see that you didn't install.

Note: Moved thread to - Suspicious Activity!

the superfish came with the "view in IE addon" - once I removed that it was gone - if what I have been reading is correct this nasty thing is now coming as an added courtesy to many of the addons and plugins offered by the browser a person is using. and no, no malware on my computer the thing did attach itself to the addon. many of the comments I have been reading are from the late 2012's and early 2013.
    I found this advice on a site - "If you are having the same problem and aren’t happy about it go to Tools > Add ons > Extensions and disable them one-by-one to see which plugin it is that’s getting the data." and that is how i found it.
    Last edited by Abigail; March 6th, 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added comment

6. Thanks From:

this is one of the blogs i have been reading about this issue
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Sounds like another "software" affiliate...

Superfish provides a visual shopping platform called WindowShopper,
    http://wwws.superfish.com/
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    the superfish came with the "view in IE addon" - once I removed that it was gone - if what I have been reading is correct this nasty thing is now coming as an added courtesy to many of the addons and plugins offered by the browser a person is using. and no, no malware on my computer the thing did attach itself to the addon. many of the comments I have been reading are from the late 2012's and early 2013.
    I found this advice on a site - "If you are having the same problem and arenít happy about it go to Tools > Add ons > Extensions and disable them one-by-one to see which plugin it is thatís getting the data." and that is how i found it.
    Thanks for the clarification. So, it's being bundled with browser extensions, and downloads from the sounds of it. Good one to watch out for.

So no merchants/AMs/OPMs have encountered these guys?

the browser update that just loaded up, has this cr*p built into most of my addons, now - if I am getting it so are millions of consumers - this is just so wrong!!!!!!!!!!

ok - it looks like when Mozilla does an upgrade upload it is automatically put in an exclusion allowing access for a url from marketplace under the "security tab option - warn me when sites try to install addons" - kind of a breach of trust, I would say!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread