Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forum: Prosperent.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    New Forum: Prosperent.com
    Help me in welcoming Prosperent.com to ABestWeb!

Affiliate Tools For Affiliates, By Affiliates

Prosperent Performance Ads eliminate all the headaches of performance marketing/affiliate marketing by providing a simple, targeted, dynamic and profitable ad unit. Join Free:

• Efficient Advertising
    • Increase Conversions
    • Powerful Analytics
    • Open Community

What Merchants are Available?
    Prosperent works with some of the world's largest merchants, including Fortune 500 brands like Zappos.com, 6pm, Dell, Gap, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Reebok, Walgreens, QVC, HSN, Overstock.com and thousands more...

Tools Available:

Interested, joining is easy, click here to get started:

Thank you for the welcome and introduction Chuck! I'm Brian, the CEO of Prosperent. I plan to be an active part of the community here, so please feel free to reach out to me about anything affiliate related (I also know a few things about servers and infrastructure).

Some background on the company. We started in 2009 and currently have over 8,000 affiliates using our tools. Our system handles over 1.6 billion requests per month. Our three co founders all have over 10 years of affiliate marketing experience each. We learned from our own struggles and came up with tools that we felt would help the industry as a whole.
    Last edited by Prosperent; March 6th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Hey, Brian, I just joined and I'll take a close look. There are some places this just may fit for us.

In addition, here's a small heads-up: I first tried to sign up on my iPad and was presented with a totally blank screen after entering my email addy and I did NOT receive an email. I tried again from my laptop and everything worked smoothly and quickly.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Welcome and congrats on the forum! GM

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hey, Brian, I just joined and I'll take a close look. There are some places this just may fit for us.

In addition, here's a small heads-up: I first tried to sign up on my iPad and was presented with a totally blank screen after entering my email addy and I did NOT receive an email. I tried again from my laptop and everything worked smoothly and quickly.
    Thank you for the heads up on the iPad issue. We're in the process of reworking our main site, so i'll make note of that. Let me know if you run into any questions or anything along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Welcome and congrats on the forum! GM
    Thank you Gary. I know that we still need to integrate Avantlink into our system. Let me see if we can get that taken care of in the next few days.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Sounds great. Just sent some info your way on that. Let me know if you did not receive, GM

Wwlcome to ABW.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

11. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I have the pleasure of knowing these guys personally, since we're all in the same beautiful state of Colorado. You took a lot of experience, combined a great idea, and turned it into something special. It's so fun to watch you grow!

Looking forward to your forum on ABW, and glad that Affiliate Window is already working with Prosperent.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

13. Thanks From:

so . . . has anyone ever had the problem that no javascript code is appearing in the box?

What box?

edit: I believe the issue is in internet explorer when viewing the Performance Ads, correct? Looking into it now. Internet explorer always has an issue somewhere lol.
    Last edited by Prosperent; March 7th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

16. Thanks From:

aha! I'll try another browser.

works fine in FireFox . . . gotta get coding now

Should be fixed in IE now. Thank you for the heads up

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    Should be fixed in IE now. Thank you for the heads up
    don't see it on one instance -- do I need fresh code?

sorry, I'm talking about an actual ad to be seen in IE on a site

pm me with the url and I can check everything out for you.

done

Welcome!
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

24. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    done
    Your site gives a bunch of script errors when loading in IE (not related to Prosperent). We looked at your source code, and you don't have a doctype set on your page, and you don't have an opening and closing html tag. Because of this, internet explorer renders your site in something called quirks mode. It basically tries to display a page even though it's coded improperly. This in turn causes errors on your page which prevent our ad code from ever loading.

You can add this to your pages to force IE to render it in a compatible mode. This will fix your site in IE8 and up:
    PHP Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" 
    or, the more proper solution would be to add this to the top of your page source:

PHP Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <
    html
    and close the page with a proper
    PHP Code:
    </html

26. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Brian, I just signed up and am trying to figure things out, but I have a couple of questions that came up right away:

First and foremost, is it correct that once we have signed up we are "in" the programs of all your merchants (or do we still need to apply individually through networks, if we are not already in a specific merchant program)? If so,

1. How to we know what commission rate we will be receiving and is there a set rate throughout or does it vary by merchant?

2. Can we promote merchants through Prosperent eve though they have either rejected us directly through a network or that terminated us due to state nexus laws?

3. Are there plans to add additional banner sizes? Some basic sizes, such as 468 x 90 and 125 x 125 do not appear to be available.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, especially once I look more closely at the API.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Once you are in, you are set. You are automatically approved for every merchant we work with. We handle filtering on our end, and work out any nexus issues with merchants themselves. Commission rates vary by merchant. We always push for the highest commission rates we can get for our publishers. Worst case, we get the same rate everyone else does through the networks, but in most cases we do have a higher negotiated rate.

Our banners are pretty unique in the fact that they scale to any size. Go ahead and insert any of those banner sizes directly into the code and you will see that the ads scale to fit that size. We even do dynamic width ads for sites that are fluid designs. Just leave the width field blank and our ads automatically scale to fit the browser. We use these in our vBulletin plugin since many forums have fluid width designs.

Contact me with any questions that pop up. I'm happy to help

Thanks for the info, Brian. One final question for now - is there a list of commission rates posted somewhere?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

No, they change so often that creating a list would be a nightmare, and the networks don't have any way to really export that data. The best we have come up with is our Merchant endpoint in our api. When a sale goes through with a merchant we calculate the minimum and maximum commission rate based on the gross commission and the total order size. If you have a question about a specific merchant i'm happy to look it up for you.

So, the commission rate for a given merchant changes according to the size of the order? Do rates go up or down for larger orders?

No, we work with all of our merchants through the major netowrks (Commission Junction, Affiliate Window, Linkshare, Link Connector, Pepperjam, Linkconnector, and Avantlink in the next few days). The merchants all set the commission rate just as they would if you worked with them through any of these networks. Now, since we have more than 8,000 affiliates under us, we send massive volumes of traffic to merchants. Because of this, they often increase our commission rates above those that you would be able to get on your own, direct with a merchant through cj, or one of the other networks.

I hope that makes more sense. Commissions are handled exactly as they would be at any other affiliate network.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast