Thread: Prosperent API

Prosperent API
    We offer a variety of API's for developers that can be used for research, adding affiliate products to your site, or building an entire feature rich price comparison site. We handle over 1.6 billion requests per month and have no api limits in place. We have a scalable infrastructure of 26 dual hex core servers handling requests so you always get responses back in milliseconds.

API docs are here: Prosperent - Sign In

We offer the following endpoints in our api:

Product search - Search thousands of merchants and millions of products. We return facets for price comparison and advanced navigation/filtering of our data. A few examples built using our product api:

Diesel Jeans - Coupons & Prices at FindBuy.co
    Cash Back Shopping - theNetPool.com

Coupon Search - Just like the product endpoint. Search thousands of up to date coupons, filter and group results. Check out this coupon site completely powered by our api: Coupons and Coupon Codes for March 2013

Merchants - Get Merchant logo's, and other data including min and max payment percentages.

Brands - Get Brand logo's, and other data including min and max payment percentages.

Celebrity - Pull back a list of celebrities that have products associated with them including the celebrities image.

Commissions - Build out a custom reporting interface by accessing our lightning fast commission endpoint.

Transactions - Related to commissions, the transaction endpoint gives you the current status of each commission (locked, closed, etc)

Trends - A data miners dream. Search for product and merchant trends. Filter by region, date range, category, product name, merchant, brand, and more.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    We're proud to be working with Prosperent!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you Jeannine

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Brian - Just a quick question, sorry if I overlooked the answer. Do affiliates have the ability to remove a merchants products/banners from being included in the api? For example, in your sample store "Diesel Jeans - Coupons & Prices at FindBuy.co" I see several missing product/banner images that honestly make the site look bad, could I remove the offenders from being pulled in the api?

5. Thanks From:

Yes, definitely. The api has filtering on every field, this includes negative filters. If you check the api docs it is covered there, but you could for example pass over an array or list of merchants to exclude from queries. You can also set positive filters that limit the results to a particular merchant or group of merchants

We also encourage our users to let us know when they find bad data. We will report these issues to the merchants so they can correct their feeds, or we will filter the products/remove the merchants on our end.

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent, a plus to have those filters in place. Your answer went over my head a little as I have never tried using api before. I do love a challenge though.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    ... I have never tried using api before. I do love a challenge though.
    That's what I like to hear.

Hi, I'm one of the developers at Prosperent. We need more people like you willing to learn more about the api. Once you get into it, I'm sure you will see that we have made it as simple as possible to get an entire affiliate site up and running. Let us know what your experiences are and if there is anything that can be further streamlined...

10. Thanks From:

A great place to start if you are new to api's is our free api search script. It uses filters, pulls popular products from trends, and a bunch of other things. It might help you get started in the right direction . In fact, I will post an updated version with more functionality today for everyone.

Application and code examples

12. Thanks From:

As promised, I updated the free example script that makes use of our api: Free Search Script version 2

It's rough code (i'm not a programmer and I put it together). The reason I put it together in spite of not being a developer is basically to show how easy our api really is to use. I wanted to be able to put something together and have our engineers make things simple enough so someone with little experience can get started with it. Of course, it's also fully featured for those with more experience. We include a php api class that handles most of the heavy lifting for those making use of php.

14. Thanks From:

Questions about Prosperentís API abilities
    I am building a product comparison search engine and I would like to access an API that can provide the following functionality and supports the following search criteria:

Restrict results to only specific named websites or merchant names.
    Return only coupons/promo codes.
    Return only coupons valid NOW.
    Return only coupons that apply to the following list of products.

The API pseudocode would look like this:

Return COUPONS from="microsoft.com, abestweb.com, somesite.com, someothersite.com" VALID NOW IN_PRODUCT_NAME="blue,large,jeans"

Can your API do all this?

MarkR

All of the above would be possible, yes. Check the docs for a list of searchable fields and filters. If you by chance need a feature down the road that we don't offer, just ask and we will do what we can to make it happen. Our system and API is really flexible.

Are the Prosperent API docs available to non-users?
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to view the API docs and also the API terms of use. Can you provide a link to both?

ALso, I have a question about the ads you serve. Does use of your API for raw data require me to display your ads on my site? Looking through your site I was unable to understand what my obligations are when I use the API for raw data.

Since my app is a search engine we don't display banner ads. Our monetization comes through embedding our affiliate ID in outgoing search result links.

Is this model of monetization compatible with the API service you provide?

What do you get in return for providing me all this raw coupon data?

MarkR

If you sign up on our site you can view the docs and play around with the API. It's completely free to join. We have no API limits. We work with the merchants, so once you sign up with Prosperent you are approved to work with all 3000 of our merchants. No need to apply to each one like a traditional network. Our Performance ads are optional, just another way to monetize your site if you choose to do so. We take a percentage of each commission that goes through our API. By default it is 30 percent and drops to 20 percent if you are high volume. It's similar to skimlinks and viglinks model in that aspect.

Thanks I'll check it out.
    MarkR

Let me know if you have any questions

21. Newsletter Signup