Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Removal
    So, I am chatting with SAS support and asked them why I never got notified when a merchant removed me from their program. She pretty much tells me it's their policy not to notify when a merchant removes an affiliate. I mean come on, why would SAS want me to keep broken links up.

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    What I saw last month is a merchant terminated us, but the email we received was an application Declined email.

Interesting the canned "response" they had for being terminated, errr "declined".

Dear Affiliate,

Upon review of your website and account, we have decided to decline your application at this time. Unfortunately, we found that one or more of the following areas was an issue:

Direct linking
    Trademark bidding
    Bidding on a trademark related term or keyword combination (ie: "LeadingLady Coupons")
    Affiliate website is not yet active and/or does not meet traffic requirements
    Page content is unrelated to Leading Lady (and no other related domains were registered in your account)
    Page rank does not meet requirement
    Website design does not meet requirement
    Affiliate marketing methods are not accepted in this program

Please feel free to reapply once you have made the necessary changes to your site as required by our program. If you feel there is an error in our decision, please contact us with more detail and we'll happily re-review.
    Strike one against All Inclusive Marketing...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    So, I am chatting with SAS support and asked them why I never got notified when a merchant removed me from their program. She pretty much tells me it's their policy not to notify when a merchant removes an affiliate. I mean come on, why would SAS want me to keep broken links up.
    Did the merchant show up in the "INVALID LINK REPORT" ??? I wish SAS would show the number of current Invalid Clicks as CJ does on the affiliate home page.

But to asnswer your question is that SAS really do not care about affiliates they are their to repersent the merchant and not us. That is just my option though. And to be fair to SAS so are most other networks.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I wish SAS would show the number of current Invalid Clicks as CJ does on the affiliate home page.
    +1

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1103595-post752.html

Convergence, I remember in the past getting an Application Declined Email, for a program that I was already approved for too. But this time I got zero notification, and I know I got zero notification for other programs in the past.

kse, I don't want to wait for my users to click on dead links. That's the only way the links would show up on the Invalid Links Report. I want to take down the links immediately and not have my site look bad to my users. So, yeah I'm agreeing with you about SAS right now.

7. Thanks From:

kse, I don't want to wait for my users to click on dead links. That's the only way the links would show up on the Invalid Links Report. I want to take down the links immediately and not have my site look bad to my users. So, yeah I'm agreeing with you about SAS right now.
    Agree 100%

So the links were broken?? and user were getting redirected to your site or where they still going to the merchant site since they were still online at SAS?
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    What I saw last month is a merchant terminated us, but the email we received was an application Declined email.

Interesting the canned "response" they had for being terminated, errr "declined".

Strike one against All Inclusive Marketing...
    Hey there,
    Actually, AIM doesn't manage Leading Lady anymore... even so, a lot of affiliates got in touch with us about this, and we tried to help. LeadingLady went through and declined quite a few of their existing affiliates using that email above. We contacted them on behalf of many affiliates and that was as much as we could do. we even reached out to ShareASale so that we could reverse those declines if Leading Lady was up for it...but we never heard back from the retailer.

However, we have been able to help a few affiliates swap their links out to a comparable affiliate program, so if you need help, definitely let me know.

Sorry I hate lack of communication as much as the next guy.
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    Hey there,
    Actually, AIM doesn't manage Leading Lady anymore... even so, a lot of affiliates got in touch with us about this, and we tried to help. LeadingLady went through and declined quite a few of their existing affiliates using that email above. We contacted them on behalf of many affiliates and that was as much as we could do. we even reached out to ShareASale so that we could reverse those declines if Leading Lady was up for it...but we never heard back from the retailer.

However, we have been able to help a few affiliates swap their links out to a comparable affiliate program, so if you need help, definitely let me know.

Sorry I hate lack of communication as much as the next guy.
    I see no logic in terminating affiliates as you're going out the door.

You do realize the email was sent over AIM's signature...

best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com
    I think I missed this change!!! Anyway nice to see you back at ABW still my favorite network Rep of all time!!! I still have the photos of the slippers you sent me as my avatar!!! And I still have the slippers!!

Kevin.......

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Hi Convergence,

We had been working with Leading Lady for a year and we had many challenges in working with them. Despite our best efforts many, many areas were not followed through on their side and we struggled in many regards. Near the end of the agreement we switched the account over to a basic maintenance package which allowed up to help with daily application reviews, reporting and brand protection, but left affiliate communication and overall management (and decision making) with them in house since they were no longer investing in us to make those decisions for them. For the past several weeks the affiliate emails that were being sent were being sent by their internal team, not ours, and both parties simply failed to update the autoresonders.

As Carolyn mentioned we were upset by their removal of many good affiliates, many of them close personal friends of ours, and we did our best to rectify the situation despite the fact that we were not responsible for day to day management anymore. They did not respond. Both Carolyn and I tried several times to contact them, and as Carolyn said, we even reached out to SAS to see how they could help the situation. Both Bethany from SAS and Patrick Grady, who also worked with them can confirm the situation we are describing.

Shortly after this occurrence we also received an email from their new ecommerce manager terminating our contract immediately. We did not post something on ABW sooner because we did not want to publicly put any negative attention toward a former client.

We have been able to help many affiliates who have contacted us since then to switch them over to other programs. Many are set up and running with great alternatives. Convergence, if you need help with any change overs or support on your links, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Bundy View Post
    if you need help with any change overs or support on your links, please let us know.
    Thanks Sarah -

An announcement should have been made, somewhere, somehow. Been festering over this for weeks as I personally found the email insulting.

If you have a replacement / similar merchant you are managing, please let us know:

• PM
    • 855.HTTP.WWW ext 777 M-F 9:00AM - 4:30PM Mountain Time
    • Merchant contact form

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    There are a few things that might help here...

1. The Invalid Links Report is available by API which is a great way to take complete control of the situation and integrate with your own system.

2. It's also available by report ...

3. The Custom Offline Redirect is still, in my opinion, a great way to handle this. That way - at the exact moment when traffic comes (and is declared an invalid link) you can redirect that visitor to anywhere you wish as well as notify yourself or anyone in your group who needs to be aware of it.

Shimmy - I wasn't there for the conversation but it sounds like you may have misinterpreted the answer or perhaps we misinterpreted the question. In general, it isn't our policy to keep you in the dark. Most notifications are automated and we try to give you as much information as possible to make it easier for you to run your business. If there are specific situations where you feel we are lacking I'm always available or we have an anonymous feedback machine as well at ShareASale Needs to Fix This!

KSE - I like the suggestion of the Invalid Links showing up in the To Do List - thank you for that, I don't think it would be too difficult for us to do that as well.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15. Thanks From:
    kse

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Hi Convergence, sending you a PM now.

Thanks!

Sarah

Brian,

I use the the Invalid Links Report and Custom Offline Redirect. While they are useful, they still don't prevent my users from going to the wrong site. What is so hard about sending an automatic notification when a merchant remove an affiliate from their program? Set up and email template and add a couple lines of code, instead of keeping us in the dark, and making our sites look bad to our users. As for your #2 option, I see no report of merchants that removed me, so unless you can show me how to navigate to a report that lists ONLY merchants that removed me this month I'm guessing that does not really exist.

18. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Shimmy,

There are a lot of automated emails for this purpose actually, I'm going to have our team review exactly where and when and if any changes need to be made - we will. You should be getting emails on Declines - bottom line - and if they aren't coming we may have missed something.

The report I was referring to in #2 was the Invalid Links Report - just in Report form vs. API form.

I like your idea on listing those folks that have removed you recently, we are keeping track of this internally as it is and I like the thought of putting it on the home page myself.

As for not preventing people from going to the wrong site - I'll have to disagree with you here... The Custom Offline Redirect does exactly that ... you control the traffic on an offline Merchant... the script could even email you to let you know it occurred which would, at the very least, be a backup notification of a problem.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thank you Brian for looking into sending emails for when merchants remove affiliates.

As for the Custom Error Redirect, it's a great feature but not enough, because I would want to redirect a travel merchant to a different website than a clothing merchant. Which is why it better and easier to delete the links before my users clicks on it.

As for the Custom Error Redirect, it's a great feature but not enough, because I would want to redirect a travel merchant to a different website than a clothing merchant. Which is why it better and easier to delete the links before my users clicks on it.
    Actually can be done with .htaccess -

Using the SAS Custom error redirect to go to a specific URL of your choice, ie: yourdomainname.com/offline.php - SAS appends the URL with the merchant ID. You can then use htaccess to redirect the offline.php?merchantID to any other URL of your choice...

22. Thanks From:

I'm wouldn't spend my time entering every merchant in my .htaccess file though, I'd rather just delete the link .Plus my .htaccess is already huge with all the bots and spam IPs I have to block

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Shimmy, I can attest to the fact that this merchant is flaky, I consulted with them initially and got Sarah and Pat hooked up with them to help out and I've heard the stories of frustration from them on how the folks at LL weren't good at following advice in any kind of timely way, if at all. They also had an issue with listening to some folks internally who weren't nearly as experienced as Sarah and her team and Pat. Holding Sarah and AIM responsible for something that some less than well informed in-house folks did after Sarah's team was scaled back isn't fair.

What's up with the trend of people in here going after the reputable folks lately?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

What's up with the trend of people in here going after the reputable folks lately?
    I don't see it that way - the email sig indicated the communication came from AIM, and Sarah perfectly explained they were not the original author, and gave additional insight into the issue.
    the affiliate emails that were being sent were being sent by their internal team, not ours, and both parties simply failed to update the autoresponders.
    You have to remember that we affiliates work in isolation, and don't have access to issues going on behind the scenes... when I receive a termination email, it IS upsetting, especially if there is no valid explanation.

There is no trend against reputable people here - this is a place where affiliates share information about the status of programs. In most cases, we don't even know who is who in the AM world.. (ok, that might just be me!).

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Shimmy, I can attest to the fact that this merchant is flaky,
    Wasn't Shimmy - was me.

And as Teezone stated - when we get an email over an OPM's signature - it's upsetting. Three weeks and no explanation as to why. What the hell is someone supposed to think? I've had phone convos with Sarah last year - so I was perplexed at what happened. Furthermore, we filter declined merchants into another folder so we had links running the whole time. Again, what is an affiliate to think? And what's wrong for thinking it?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Before in SAS there was a drop down list that when an affiliate was removed, ( not declined ) you could choose a reason, That is now gone, no idea why as i used it alot for removing affiliates that;

1. had not become active ( gotten a link up in over 2 years)
    2. Email address is no good ( over a 4 month period)

The affiliate than received a letter stating this .
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Convergence, I understand it's upsetting, I'd be upset, pissed, disappointed, etc as well if I got that email.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

29. Thanks From:

Still not getting emails when someone removes me from a program. Any idea when you will be fixing this Brian?

Outsourced Program Manager
    just curious Shimmy,
    were u removed from a program that you were active in?
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast