Thread: Publisher Interview: We-Care.com

Affiliate Network Rep Jasmin - Affiliate Window's Avatar
    Publisher Interview: We-Care.com
    According to two new forecasts from Forrester, US online retail sales are on the rise despite the current economic crisis. With this in mind, We-Care.com is the ideal online shopping portal which allows shoppers to donate a percentage of their online purchases to the association, nonprofit or school of their choice. We recently took the opportunity to ask Director of Operations, Gina Navani, about this charitable performance marketing program and what else We-care.com has on the horizon.

For those that may be unfamiliar with your brand can you tell us a bit about We-care.com and what you do?

We-Care.com gives socially conscious consumers the opportunity to support their favorite cause while shopping online. Through this partnership, the brands that we represent on our site stand out as philanthropic brands that empower users to do “good” as our cause partners and users feel grateful to these brands for the difference they have helped make.

Can you provide any insight into the unique selling points for your business and how these have helped you become so successful?

While competing publishers were out there presenting coupons and cash-back deals to consumers, we offered an alternative that not only resulted in the user feeling good about their purchases, but it also respected their appreciation for quality, sustainability, accessibility, philanthropic efforts, and other important features that depict a brand’s true values for the purpose of making a long-term impact.

What trends do you expect to see in the performance marketing channel for 2013?

I’ve already seen a preference for our content-based placement opportunities, and I definitely see that trend growing in the coming months. I also see a greater appreciation for the virality of social media posts. It’s amazing to see how one deal, done right, can be liked, shared, re-tweeted and re-posted to the masses, by the masses. I love working collaboratively with our advertisers and their social media teams to ensure that it is, in fact, “done right”.

Can you tell us about your $100,000 Charity Challenge?

In preparation for a social media conference, We-Care.com decided to host a $100,000 Twitter Challenge called #MillionDimes. Tweeters needed to choose their favorite cause and tweet on their behalf. Every tweet that met the challenge criteria, earned ten cents for the mentioned cause. We had a great response, with participation from celebrities like Kevin Jonas, Jenny McCarthy, Amy Weber, Jacqueline Laurita, Greg Yaitanes, CC Sabathia, Leah Remini, Kate Voegele, and many more who encouraged their followers to join in. It was incredibly rewarding to see the overwhelming generosity pour out in 140 characters or less, and the power of social media and technology to garner support. We look forward to doing more fun things like this in the future.

What advice would you give to other publishers who might be considering working with a performance marketing network? Can you explain the key benefits?

It’s extremely beneficial to work with peers who are ready to strategize with you to meet mutually beneficial company goals. I see so much potential in this partnership simply because everyone on board has the right attitude, knowledge of the industry, and the ability to think outside the box. In addition to bringing value to my company, partnering with performance marketing companies is motivating on an individual level too.

Can you describe a typical working day at We-care.com?

This is not the type of job that makes you countdown your work week in anticipation for the weekend. It’s also not the type of job that makes you sit at the edge of your bed in the mornings and dread another day at the office. Everyone that we hire is passionate about making a difference in the world and doing something bigger than an ordinary job. We are a small team that comes together, almost like a family, sharing in each other’s celebrations and off-days. There’s something really amazing about the “mood” at We-Care that amazes me every single day that I work for this company. I feel proud of my work at the end of the day, and grateful for the colleagues who helped me get there. There’s this infectious feeling of care that spreads across the team, the brands we represent, the users of our site and, of course, the nonprofits, schools, and associations that we support that is unique to We-Care.com. We really do care.

To learn more about the We-Care program, please contact Morgan Foland.

If you’re interested in being interviewed for the Affiliate Window blog, please contact me.
    Last edited by Jasmin - Affiliate Window; March 14th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

From the We-Care website:

Use these Downloads to promote and raise money for your cause. The We-Care Reminder automatically makes your purchases count, even when you forget to click through the mall.
    How is this not a toolbar affiliate - poaching sales from other affiliates?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I can't wait for the next interviews with Shopathome, Jutera, Ebates, mypoints, etc... Let's celebrate all the toolbars.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hey guys, remember Affiliate Window has soft click, so an existing AWin cookie can't be overwritten by a toolbar.

All affiliates are assessed at the network application level, again at each program application level and then monitored and held accountable for their actions by our Network Quality Team. It’s important to note that affiliates that fall within the soft click placement are placed there by the network, so there is no chance of merchant’s getting “accidentally” added to a toolbar they weren’t supposed to be included in, or for the software to fail “testing” or revert to malicious behaviors on weekends/during the wee hours. This is a network level action to avoid overwriting for other affiliates.

It's also clearly stated on the affiliate's profile within the network if they are on soft click, so the merchant can always see if that's the case. We're pretty big on transparency.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Does not say much about AffiliateWindow when they help to promote S#1T like this.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Does not say much about AffiliateWindow when they help to promote S#1T like this.
    Did you just read what I posted? We make sure our affiliates are protected, and our merchants are informed. Thanks.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Did you just read what I posted? We make sure our affiliates are protected, and our merchants are informed. Thanks.
    We posted at the same time, so you comment was not their when I posted. I would have to check out the details but from my understanding so far even if your not writing over affiliate cookie (if that is the case) I will still have a problem with them if they are making the merchant pay affiliate commissions from none affiliate clicks.

So if the merchants run's a PPC Ad (or the shopper comes to the site with a non affiliate link) and the person who has this tool (spyware) installed on their computer, will We-Care get a commission??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

8. Thanks From:

If a toolbar isn't stealing from an affiliate, it's stealing from a merchant, no matter what your policy says.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

10. Thanks From:
    kse

You (Affiliate Window) are not the only network they use. You know they get away with poaching elsewhere. So...Affiliate Window is helping to promote an outfit that steals from others. Remember the saying about lying down with dogs...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    I can't wait for the next interviews with Shopathome, Jutera, Ebates, mypoints, etc... Let's celebrate all the toolbars.
    Why get upset now?

This is nothing new, just a search on ABW will show the déjà vu!

This is just one thread from 2009

The role of the network is to provide guidance and transparency for merchants so they can make informed decisions. What’s acceptable for one is not for another. It is not wise to make decisions on behalf of retailers, but it is wise to educate them, then give them the tools to manage to those decisions.

Our industry is ever evolving, which is the reason we are excited to operate in this channel. As a network, we welcome new technologies but also have specific responsibilities to protect both our merchants and our affiliates alike. Therefore we made the commitment to develop a system like soft click to ensure that the merchant understands how this type of affiliate may promote them, as well as protect our affiliates from having their existing cookies being overwritten. Affiliate Window further wrote the code of conduct on downloadable software on behalf of the IAB. While this code of conduct is designed for the UK market it is adhered to by anyone applying to Affiliate Window in the US.

15. Newsletter Signup