Multiple affiliate network
    HI! First of all, I am so glad to stumble upon this website as I l have learned so much
    I have a question about affiliate marketing network and hope you all can give me some advice. Our company (merchant) would like to explore joining another company e.g shareasale in addition of the current one but not sure if this is a good decision. The reason for us considering this is to expand our affiliate base which has become pretty stagnant with the current network.

If anyone can share any experience here , i'll be really really grateful.
    Cheers!!

Consider moving to a new network when the first one is profitable and stagnant. If it's not profitable, make it profitable.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Greg makes a great point. Is your current program profitable?

It isn't unusual to be on more than one network - just make sure the new one is a good fit for you and your program.

This is my favorite post on comparing networks. -
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Welcome to ABW! Another factor to consider when launching another affiliate network, is whether you have the ability to de-dupe transactions on a regular basis, otherwise you could end up paying double commission on a single sale.

For example, if you currently have program on CJ, and you open one on SAS, then it's possible for a consumer to have both a CJ cookie and an SAS cookie on their machine at the time of transaction. For example, the consumer might click through a CJ affiliate to your site, and decide not to purchase for whatever reason. Later, the consumer returns to research the purchase, clicks through an SAS affiliate, and then complete the purchase. The pixel will see both a CJ and a SAS cookie on the consumer's machine, so the purchase will record in both networks, and you'll pay both affiliates.

It's not hard to de-dupe the transactions though, every day, week or month, you would just download the transactions from both networks, and compare to see what overlap there is. Typically, you award commission to the last-cookie in. That's been a standard attribution within the affiliate channel, but you're certainly free to develop your own attribution, i.e, 50% to each affiliate or whatnot.

After the first few months, if you notice just a little overlap, then maybe you just accept that there are dupes and pay both affiliates. In my case, I noticed about a 7% overlap, so it was worth de-duping.

Hope that helps and good luck! I'm a pretty big fan of ShareASale as I used to work there, great network and definitely worth considering
    Last edited by CTanK; March 15th, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: (added the bit about paying double commission on a single sale)
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Thanks all your reply!

My current affiliate network is profitable but sales & affiliate recruitment has been stagnant for quite some time now.Besides, I notice the current network's affiliate tends to have affiliates from certain geographical areas so this is another factor to consider.

Carolyn, i did consider Shareasale but they seem to have a lot of merchants.. I am looking for a network who has a dedicated manager to handle my account + expand my base..

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Since you asked, every merchant account at Affiliate Window has an assigned account manager, so you've always got a specific person you can call or email. We'd be happy to discuss this further with you, if you wish.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Rachel, what do you sell? We might be able to recommend networks that do well in your niche.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread