**SAS:2-tier referral and 2-tier sales**
    Hello everyone!
    I'm an online shop owner.My shop has joined in ShareASale and I have bought Featured Program of Category to promote our products.As I know here has many experts , so any friend to give me some ideas about how to develop 2-tier referral and 2-tier sales on ShareASale ? Thanks a lot ahead...

Could anybody give me some suggestions,please?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    FYI, if you develop a 2-tier sales, you could be subject to all the laws covering multi-level marketing programs.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can activate the 2nd Tier in Shareasale easily by going to My Account >> Edit Settings. I am activating this for a merchant and offering 10% as the 2nd tier. That means that an affiliate who recruits another gets 10% of the base commission. For a base of 10% that 2nd Tier gets 1% of the sale. There are some affiliates who specialize in recruiting so this can add to the program over time.

I am activating this and offering 10% as the 2nd tier. That means that an affiliate who recruits another gets 10% or 0.8%. There are some affiliates who specialize in recruiting so this can add to the program over time.
    Wasn't aware this was making affiliate marketing MLM and will check into it.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Debbie Ballard spoke about it during ASE09 in New York. Very interesting info. It's her specialty. She just attended ASW13, and is active in the industry. She'd be your best resource.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

I know Debbie personally and will speak with her.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Good stuff, thanks for identifying a good resource JCrooks. I hadn't thought of that potential risk.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Newsletter on the subject by Allan Gardyne from years ago...

Are two-tier programs MLM?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I've always approached it from the standpoint that the second tier commissions should be a byproduct of effective marketing. In general, I want affiliates who are passionate about promoting my site/product first, and if they happen to refer sub-affiliates - all the better. I'm not an MLM fan and I am basically mistrustful of anything MLM related, so I always wanted to make sure that any structure I had for payment kept the focus on Tier 1 payout and kept the affiliates focused on selling directly.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thank you all.And I have read Debbie Ballard's blog and Allan Gardyne's,found that MLM is an
    effective marketing scheme,so I will try to do it.About AffiliateWarrior's idea,I think it also make sense.And if you do well,keeping the focus on Tier 1 payout is enough.

MLM is a totally different animal from Affiliate Marketing. In MLM you focus on getting new referrers to sign-up under you rather than focus on selling products in AM. The two don't mix, its either or.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread