A Curious Question?
    I have caught a strange looking exit link in my website tracking stats - api01.bloson.com - can't quite figure out where its came from. I don't have adsense or prosperent on the page in question. Anybody else seen this thing?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You just pick up all sorts of crap on your computer, lol...

About Bloson

Philanthropy, the hacker way

Bloson is the easiest way to help good causes without having to spend time or money. Just by doing what you already do, surfing the web.

As an Internet user, whenever you search, visit a site or make a purchase online, you are generating income for one of the major online advertising companies. Just Google alone closed the year 2011 with almost 10 billion dollars in profits by the revenue generated from the ads people like you see on a daily basis.

Bloson want to revolutionize Internet, changing the rules of the game of online advertising. Once the app has been installed in your computer, you will see the same number of ads as before, even in some cases less. But from that moment on, the advertising revenue generated will serve to help social causes. Our goal is to allocate the majority of Bloson profits to the causes you choose.

We want to be not just an important source of income for NGOs, but also a tool to raise awareness about the projects they are working on, increasing the engagment of our users with their causes.

Whether you're already a user or you are about to be, we want you not only to have Bloson installed, but to become a Bloson evangelist. In order to make Bloson a sucess we really need your help. Please encourage all your friends, family and coworkers to install the app!

Bloson was officially released in March 2012 after a year in development. The project is led by Antonio Marzo with an international team working together from different parts of the world. It’s headquartered in San Francisco and has received seed funding and support from private investors and E42 Ventures.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

this wasn't from my computer - got it out of my stat logs as an exit link on someone that had hit my webpage - just wondering how it displayed on my webpage for them?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    this wasn't from my computer
    Whew - thought we were going "fishing" again...

It's hijacking links on the user's computer...

If for any reason you don't want Bloson to work on your site, please send us an email to optout@bloson.com. We'll indicate how you can disable Bloson by simply adding one entry on your robot.txt. You would be able to revert your decision anytime.
    i won't hold my breath that they will respond...
    Last edited by Convergence; March 20th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Whew - thought we were going "fishing" again...
    nope, too many sharks in the water...

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread