When I started a website and joined affiliate networks I thought it would real easy to earn money but that hasn't been the case. I started around August 2002 and I make about $60 a month (mainly from amazon). I am wondering how much money you guys/gals make and how long it took you to make it. I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep or delete my website.

ABW Ambassador
    Doing this part time I was making about $50 - $100 a month. Went full time and withing a couple of months my income was rising by $300 - $500 a month.

I would say keep at it, and why not try to build a different web site? The more you put out there, the more you will make.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Keep on building. Same site or new sites.

If you are making $60 now, with 10 times as much material online you would make $600. Make your site(s) 10 times bigger than that and you may make $6,000.

It took me 5 months before I made a single penny at CJ. Once the "keep on building more" lightbulb lit up, it took 8 months to hit over $5,000 in a month. Part time, never more than 20 hours in a week, most often about 8 or 10 hours of page building.

Just build and build and build. And build some more.

CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks!

This is the thread you should have a look

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...4546029981&p=1

I made $50 first month
    Took 14 months to hit $500,
    then another 2 months to hit $1000,
    then another 6 months to hit $10,000

$27 First Month,
    4 months later hit $1,000
    1 month later $5,000.

quote:
    Originally posted by Baccillus:
    $27 First Month,
    4 months later hit $1,000
    1 month later $5,000.

Do you promote your site using ads or sort like that ?

quote:
    Originally posted by redsand:
    Do you promote your site using ads or sort like that ?

No... i get Traffic from keyword rich pages

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    No... i get Traffic from keyword rich pages
    I'd just like to add: If you use too many keywords you get penalized. Too few and you won't score high in the rankings. The key to keywords is to list those that are actually in your content and then just a few other variations. The content will pull in the prospects, just don't try to BS the engines.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

If you are not comfortable with SEO , use PPC .... Google Adwords is good...I know guys who dont even have any website , they just bid for low cost keywords and redirect directly to the merchant site making some decent money in the process

[This message was edited by Gopi on February 24, 2003 at 10:58 AM.]

I have been building and running web sites for years. However, I just started getting into the affiliate marketing game for about three months. I use a mixture of SEO and PPC.

1st month: About $500
    2nd month: About $1000
    3rd month (this month): Will pass $2000

I spend about now $150 a month using PPC.

Each month keeps getting better for me(although I have been lazy with creating new sites this month). I do this part-time and have a full time job.

My year end goal is at least $5000 a month.
    I would be one HAPPY guy then

The vast majority of my income comes from just TWO different affiliate programs. One in CJ and one from an in-house program. This kind of scares me because if this one program closes (which I don't think it will any time soon), my income will get cut in-half).

Good Luck! I gotta start dishing out more sites!

[This message was edited by Baccillus on February 24, 2003 at 01:08 PM.]

As an Advertiser this was an interesting thread to read. I've often meant to creat a good revenue generating affiliate account after hours but haven't done it. Congradulations to each of you have.

Ben Kiblinger
    GoToMyPC
    benk@expertcity.com
    https://www.gotomypc.com/partners.tmpl

Hi. Can any of the pros answer this to me?

Do you usually make hand carved pages one at a time that are keyword rich or do you do mass productions by either data feeds or doorway generators? Just wondering since I do so much one page at a time but have been thinking of moving into the datafeed direction.

ABW Ambassador
    Reflections, two valid options, different approaches.

I have 1, one, a single page mixed in the crow, just one and only a page that alone, generates more than $2000/month.

Obviously it has a customization and has been analyzed and tunned by hand, the content has been automatically tested against other versions, even use some AI code to automatically customize and adapt in realtime to some user variables, and push convertion rate and EPC to the outer space.

Fer

quote:
    Originally posted by Ben_K.:
    As an Advertiser this was an interesting thread to read. I've often meant to creat a good revenue generating affiliate account after hours but haven't done it. Congradulations to each of you have.

Ben Kiblinger
    GoToMyPC
    benk@expertcity.com
    https://www.gotomypc.com/partners.tmpl

Hey Ben,
    Good to see you around.

"Make your site(s) 10 times bigger than that and you may make $6,000."

I'm sorry to disagree with my good friend, but my experience has been different. The two big, wielding, content-rich sites we created have generated relatively little income for us compared to how much investment and hard-work we have had to put into them.

UKHotMovies.com, for instance, has had thousands of man hours spent on it, but generates relatively few sales via CPA affiliate programs. The traffic is enormous, but people just come to read the movie reviews, oggle at the pictures in the galleries and then leave!

Rather than making one site ten times bigger, I would advise you to create ten smaller sites. That way you can possibly get ten seperate listings in directories like Yahoo, Dmoz and Looksmart, and are also not placing all your eggs in one basket.

Of course, smaller, more commercial sites are not as glamorous to create and not as impressive to show your mates, but they can potentially earn more ROI.

Some other people might advise differently, but this is my advice after earning a full-time living from affiliate programmes for five years. Don't want you to make the same mistakes I did

What do others think?

Click here for hilarious 'No War on Iraq' images!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    "Make your site(s) 10 times bigger than that and you may make $6,000."

Did not mean literally. 10 times size is certainly not a virtual guarantee 10 times the of income.

But, 10X More material = 10X More potential.

quote:
    but people just come to read the movie reviews, oggle at the pictures in the galleries and then leave!

This will happen. But on a pure sales site, with products for sale, nothing more and nothing less, you are attracting buyers. Somebody who does a search for "Yankees Cap" does not want to read about Yankees caps. They want to buy a Yankess cap.

Your idea about creating multiple smaller sites is certainly a good strategy though. This has worked very well for me and many others. An even mix of expanding the larger sites, and adding new smaller ones, can keep one busy without boredom.

CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks!

[This message was edited by Deelz on February 25, 2003 at 02:29 AM.]

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread