Which affiliate network is fit for merchant who offers home security products
    Our company offers home security products, such as CCTV kit builders, Security Camera Systems, NVR systems, DVR systems, Surveillance cameras , wireless CCTV systems and security accessories. Most of our customers are from north America, which affiliate network is fit for us ? CJ or Linkshare ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Shirley,
    Have you done a search inside these networks for those type of products?

My suggestions would be to just pick a product(s) or service(s) that is highly relevant to what your site visitors might want to use, nothing else. It doesn't matter which network you choose. If there are similar products in CJ and Linkshare look at the sales page and see which you prefer. Just imagine you are the customer.

You can also look at the payout and see if the product is selling. I did some videos on my site awhile ago talking about using Google trends, Google Insights and CB engine to see the popularity of certain search terms and niches.

Regards
    Catherine

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My suggestions would be to just pick a product(s) or service(s) that is highly relevant to what your site visitors might want to use, nothing else. It doesn't matter which network you choose. If there are similar products in CJ and Linkshare look at the sales page and see which you prefer. Just imagine you are the customer.
    You need to research the networks and shop them as if you were an affiliate looking for your product. Focus on the network with competing programs as that is where you will find affiliates already marketing products similar to yours. Then narrow your choices and speak with the network about what you can expect and the costs.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    This is still my favorite network comparison post on ABW. Don't limit your reasons for picking a specific network to just one or two - the relationship is much more complicated than that!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Try X10.com

I have bought from them many moons ago.

They have a prog on CJ

I also used to be with ADT, so from your product list, it sounds like you'll need someone who is strong in B2B as well as B2C. Keep that in mind as you look over each network's merchant list.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

X10.com, haven't heard of that site for a long time. Had a friend who bought media for them in the 90's and made a lot of money.

Thanks to all of you !
    Is a new website fit for launching affiliate programs ? My company is a manufacturer of home security products, and have own brand. Our products sell well on Amazon and ebay, but the conversion rate of our B2C site is not very good. I'm afraid that many super affiliates
    may not be partner with new merchant.

You are correct Shirley - Though Affiliates are not necessarily afraid to partner with a new merchant, they will want to know that your B2C site converts well before they start promoting it. Are you working on some of the conversion aspects now, with multi-variate testing?

Tim Ash, founder of the Conversion Conference, is amazing when it comes to improving conversion rates. The folks at Affiliate Summit just posted Tim's Keynote address from Affiliate Summit West 13 on YouTube. It was one of the most popular presentations of the entire conference, so I hope you enjoy it!

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    You are correct Shirley - Though Affiliates are not necessarily afraid to partner with a new merchant, they will want to know that your B2C site converts well before they start promoting it. Are you working on some of the conversion aspects now, with multi-variate testing?

Tim Ash, founder of the Conversion Conference, is amazing when it comes to improving conversion rates. The folks at Affiliate Summit just posted Tim's Keynote address from Affiliate Summit West 13 on YouTube. It was one of the most popular presentations of the entire conference, so I hope you enjoy it!
    Hi JCrooks,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted a super affiliate for joining our affiliate program, but they replied that they are not able to offer me a partnership, since the existing community interest in our site and the potential ROI may not be good , their priority must first be to continue their highest level of support to those proven performers.
    Any advice on how to do affiliate marketing for a new website ?
    Thanks in advance.

If your conversion rate is good, then affiliates will work with you.

If your conversion rate isn't good, then affiliates won't work with you.

That's what that affilite was telling you. Before you pursue affiliates, make sure you have something good to offer them, 1st of which is a strong, consistent conversion rate.

Any advice on how to do affiliate marketing for a new website ?
    You haven't done your homework and your site is not ready for affiliate marketing. Start doing PPC and work to get your conversion to 3-5%. Work on your SEO and get your site ranked. Forget about affiliate marketing until you have done these two.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread