Cool Paid traffic or Free traffic
    which is best?
    I think free traffic isnot really free, you are spending time it is more expensive then money.. what you think?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What is free traffic?

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by debter View Post
    which is best?
    I think free traffic isnot really free, you are spending time it is more expensive then money.. what you think?
    if you are not prepared to give your time to developing your business, any business, you are unlikely to get very far.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

5. Thanks From:

Go for all types of traffic that you can get!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthWebmasters Dave View Post
    Go for all types of traffic that you can get!
    Only if you have unlimited funds!

Make sure you know what you're doing before you start paying for traffic, or else you may only end up with invoices, not sales. It's waaaaay too easy to buy traffic online, and all traffic is NOT created equal.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

8. Thanks From:

From what I understand, most of those pay for traffic sites are nothing but scams.
    [COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][url="http://www.pianowizardacademy.com"]Piano learning software[/url] [COLOR=Red]|[/COLOR] [url="http://bit.ly/PWAiPad"]Back Piano Wizard iPad App on KickStarter[/url] [COLOR=Red]|[/COLOR] [url="http://www.musicwizardaffiliates.com"]Piano Wizard Affiliate Program[/url][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Outsourced Program Manager
    There is no "free" traffic, b/c of what you stated... there is either a monetary commitment or a time commitment to obtain traffic.

I have found it best to target both.

Some offers work better on SEO, come work better on PPC, Display, etc... but you don't know until you test.

When I did affiliate marketing I found that "paid advertising" such as actually having a transfer of money... like adwords helped some. That was once I had a little bit of money. I found that spending the extra time and effort to develop creative ways to get links and ads onto other websites through barter (win/win) or reviews seemed a bit more effective. It certainly is not free but there is no simple transaction to point back to, which makes it that much more difficult to determine true conversion rates. You just have to look at affiliate marketing from a long term perspective and just keep at it. Good luck!!

I think Free traffic is not better then Paid traffic. Paid is always good Free is free.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvin69 View Post
    I think Free traffic is not better then Paid traffic. Paid is always good Free is free.
    Are you saying that as an affiliate or as a merchant? Cause I've seen some paid traffic that was horrible, where I've rejected every transaction due to quality issues.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Chuck said it best. What is free?

You have to pay with time or money, so how valuable is your time? Is the paid traffic high quality? There are a number of trade-offs. My .02? Diversify! ....but first

Above all else, focus on the user experience. Build a site that adds value and the traffic will happen. If the site is terrible, it doesn't matter if you have massive paid traffic campaigns. The result will still be zero conversions. Word of mouth, organic traffic, paid, they all have their place, and you shouldn't ignore any of them. Just make sure you are turning those visits into $$$ once you get them to your page. It takes money to acquire a new customer, the cost diminishes each time they become a return customer though.

Great advice. There is a time and place for all of it.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread