View Poll Results: Multiple votes are allowed and all votes are private. Poll ends on 3/31/13

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • superCool

3 8.82%
  • SellFire

8 23.53%
  • PopShops

8 23.53%
  • Shareasale Video System

4 11.76%
  • Prosperent

13 38.24%
  • BrandVerity

9 26.47%
  • GoldenCAN

6 17.65%
  • Jason Rubacky

6 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Best Affiliate Tool in 2012
    Please submit your nominations for this category through EOD Tuesday March 26th. On Wednesday March 26th the polls will be posted and they will run until midnight EST Sunday march 30th.

The winner will be announced on April 1st.

Please write a few sentences why you nominated who you chose. Additional comments in support or against the nominee is welcomed. You can link to the nominees website.

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    superCool -

Always available to assist and bounce ideas off. And no one can argue he really is a "tool". Even, perhaps - a superTool...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Thanks From:

When I worked at Backcountry in 2005 I was called a tool by the 20 nothings, looked it up in the Urban Dictionary and was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    ...I was called a tool...
    You were in my top five...

My first profile name was Chucktool because I worked for ToolKing. Came a long ay since then.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    But seriously, folks:

SellFire
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

9. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I'll nominate PopShops for Best Affiliate Tool. I've been using PopShops since its beginning. PopShops continues to be a reliable (99.9 % uptime) and stable tool to work with datafeeds.

http://www.popshops.com

11. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    SellFire is cool in my book as well.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    While it is a sub section of a network I would like to nominate the Shareasale Video System, it is still light years easier to use than any other "video option" we have used across various networks.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

14. Thanks From:

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what Prosperent does for its affiliates. The amount of time that those guys put into creating an amazing suite of tools that help us all make more money really sets them apart from any other affiliate tools in the industry in my mind.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; March 24th, 2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Removed Link

16. Thanks From:

You can link to the nominees website.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFan View Post
    I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what Prosperent does for its affiliates. The amount of time that those guys put into creating an amazing suite of tools that help us all make more money really sets them apart from any other affiliate tools in the industry in my mind.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; Today at 06:05 PM. Reason: Removed Link
    lol.. what's wrong with you guys

Gotta add my "amen" for Prosperent.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Gotta add my "amen" for Prosperent.

Gary
    oh yes.. forgot that part. Definitely Prosperent. Especially their API. No more downloading and updating datafeeds and then keep track of which merchants and products are converting and which are not. It's all taken care of.

BrandVerity - why? Because it helps me keep ALL of my programs clean from trademark poachers.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

21. Thanks From:

Ditto on BrandVerity, use it everyday including the coupon code monitor.

23. Thanks From:

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    In looking closely at both Prosperent and Sellfire recently, I will also add a thumbs up to both of their nominations.

25. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    BrandVerity is a great nomination and I second (third?) it - one could even argue that it brings up the possibility of a separate category next year for tools that benefit Merchants specifically (although I also see the benefit to Affiliates obviously).

I'll add a nomination for GoldenCAN with a loyal following and proven results, Facebook for allowing Affiliates to generate their own circles of traffic outside of traditional sources, and Shareist for creating a better way to manage content ...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Although BrandVerty is a great resource, isn't it a tool for affiliate managers, OPMs and merchants? Can an affiliate even use the service - or why would they?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

An affiliate could use it to monitor competitors ads to better target for their merchants. Also to do research on who is working with affiliates for particular keywords. In some cases to see if a merchants if allowing any affiliates to use PPC. If you were trying to figure out who the affiliate was you would have to have a network account as a merchant. Also, if you are the exclusive affiliate allowed to run PPC for a brand, you would would be able to monitor keywords to insure other affiliates weren't poaching your bids.

29. Thanks From:

An affiliate could use it to monitor competitors ads to better target for their merchants. Also to do research on who is working with affiliates for particular keywords. In some cases to see if a merchants if allowing any affiliates to use PPC. If you were trying to figure out who the affiliate was you would have to have a network account as a merchant. Also, if you are the exclusive affiliate allowed to run PPC for a brand, you would would be able to monitor keywords to insure other affiliates weren't poaching your bids.
    I do know an affiliate that uses the service for exactly that.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    I do know an affiliate that uses the service for exactly that.
    One affiliate or several, Greg? Isn't that a rare exception (rather than found in general use among affiliates)? I would think few could jump on that for $299/month (lite version) or $799/month (full version).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

That's a good question. I know "One" affiliate that uses BrandVerity. I only know that because the affiliate told me. I would not expect many others to share that information. If they are using Brand Verity to check up on competition, they probably are not advertising that out loud.

It's worth every penny and if your way of promotion is paid ads, this is a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    One affiliate or several, Greg? Isn't that a rare exception (rather than found in general use among affiliates)? I would think few could jump on that for $299/month (lite version) or $799/month (full version).
    Greg Hoffman

Plus if it saves just one life...

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    That's a good question. I know "One" affiliate that uses BrandVerity. I only know that because the affiliate told me. I would not expect many others to share that information. If they are using Brand Verity to check up on competition, they probably are not advertising that out loud.

It's worth every penny and if your way of promotion is paid ads, this is a great tool.
    Interesting, indeed, Greg. I am quite familiar with what B/V does but never considered it from that angle because I haven't done much with PPC.

Evidently - ya can teach an old dog new tricks. I learned something new today (or at least gained a new perspective). Thank you for the heads-up.

35. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Although BrandVerty is a great resource, isn't it a tool for affiliate managers, OPMs and merchants? Can an affiliate even use the service - or why would they?
    Although few affiliates probably use the service directly, we do BENEFIT greatly from it when merchants use it. Brand trademark poachers can steal plenty of commissions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

37. Thanks From:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast