Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    The crap in PepperJam is shocking!
    There is a "merchant" on PepperJam who goes under several different names and has at least 20 different programs.

Adirondacks-By-Mercantilia (3589) is just one. There are TWO products on the site that affiliates can earn commission on - the rest are LINKSHARE/Rakuten.com/Buy.com AFFILIATE LINKS. Also, have to mention the PPC ads all over the place.

Even their BBS seal at the bottom opens up for Zoo Stores, Inc. (also on PJX) aka Infospace, Inc. and Mercantila.com. At the same time a Linkshare affiliate page opens up.

You have to see this garbage to believe it!

http://www.adirondacks-by-mercantila.com/

Again, this is only one of many...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I remember avoiding all those mercantilia sites a few years ago because they had huge adsense type ads all over the place. Look like they got way worse. Sneaky too, they pop-up the affiliate page one time only: adirondacks-by-mercantila.com/c/resources

Nothing in Pepperjam shocks me anymore.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

4. Thanks From:

yikes!

ABW Ambassador
    hhmm, well this is the first thread I see when I come to the PJ board so not a great start!

That been said, I was planning to start promoting some PJ merchants for a new website just to try something different and as they say to spread your eggs & baskets

I have been with them for a few years now, actually probably not long after they launched, put a few links up on some sites but have not had one sale ever , ever!! while other networks where I have put links up the same time have had many sales. So I never bothered after a few months of no sales and I closed the door on what I thought was a failed network. I have to say though that not much effort went into those link campaigns so I can't determine if they are just really bad at tracking or converting or if they deserve a chance?

So am I completely wasting my time or do people actually make commissions from PJ?

Also, is there a list of good merchants there or alternately a list of merchants to avoid?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    There is a "merchant" on PepperJam who goes under several different names and has at least 20 different programs.

Adirondacks-By-Mercantilia (3589) is just one. There are TWO products on the site that affiliates can earn commission on - the rest are LINKSHARE/Rakuten.com/Buy.com AFFILIATE LINKS. Also, have to mention the PPC ads all over the place.

Even their BBS seal at the bottom opens up for Zoo Stores, Inc. (also on PJX) aka Infospace, Inc. and Mercantila.com. At the same time a Linkshare affiliate page opens up.

Zoostores.com: Home Decor, Fitness Equipment, Office Furniture, Kids & Baby Toys and Equipment

The merchant "smelled funny" to me when I saw all of the merchandise descriptions including begging for visitors to "phone our 800 number." I managed to remove them, but now I see the links all lead to "not found" landing pages.

More work to remove the pages on my sites now!
    :coffeetim

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    hhmm, well this is the first thread I see when I come to the PJ board so not a great start!

That been said, I was planning to start promoting some PJ merchants for a new website just to try something different and as they say to spread your eggs & baskets

I have been with them for a few years now, actually probably not long after they launched, put a few links up on some sites but have not had one sale ever , ever!! while other networks where I have put links up the same time have had many sales. So I never bothered after a few months of no sales and I closed the door on what I thought was a failed network. I have to say though that not much effort went into those link campaigns so I can't determine if they are just really bad at tracking or converting or if they deserve a chance?

So am I completely wasting my time or do people actually make commissions from PJ?

Also, is there a list of good merchants there or alternately a list of merchants to avoid?
    There is a merchant named "Hayneedle" I have actually earned commissions from on PJ.

Your mileage may vary.

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by gamweb61 View Post
    There is a merchant named "Hayneedle" I have actually earned commissions from on PJ.

Your mileage may vary.
    Used to be one of our better merchants before they terminated all Colorado affiliates except ShopAtHome...

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I'd think this should be in violation of merchant terms - anyone from PepperJam hang out here?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    anyone from PepperJam hang out here?
    Wade made a funny.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Glad I could amuse you Greg
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by gamweb61 View Post

Your mileage may vary.
    thanks, so does anyone else make commissions from PJ or is there only one member here or one affiliate that actually makes anything from them?

This is a serious question as I do want to promote some merchants there but I don't want to waste my time if there are issues with their tracking or management?

I guess it's bad enough that they don't have a single person on the forum, that says how much they care...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hayneedle is the current name of the old "Netshops" program.

After the CA nexus tax resulted in my term from Wayfair, after considerable searching for replacement merchants for numerous product lines, I decided on a few of the Hayneedle stores in three broad niches. I began with one of these niches (thank goodness I only did one), replacing Wayfair products with Hayneedle.

I sent Hayneedle 1000+ targeted clicks for products that had converted for years with Wayfair, and I received NOT ONE SINGLE SALE.

I contacted their affiliate manager, and x months later I am still awaiting a response.

Bye Bye hey! Needle?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

You also have to watch the merchant terms, some of them have ebay stores and won't pay commissions on any sale should any of the items in that purchase contain an item purchase from the ebay store.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

17. Thanks From:

I, too, can claim some sales from PJ - and in the Hayneedle program, to boot. I used to sell a LOT of beach chairs through the old NetShops program. Now we still sell some - but nothing like before the move to PJ. I am trying to find another source with a good selection. We need a few really-high-end items and a good assortment of el-cheapos.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

19. Thanks From:

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post

Zoostores.com: Home Decor, Fitness Equipment, Office Furniture, Kids & Baby Toys and Equipment

This message may explain a slew of emails I received Friday, about several programs being deactivating on PJ:

All Beds Inc
    Armoirs Inc
    Baker Racks Store
    Bar Tables
    BBQs Inc
    Bookcases Inc
    Bunk Beds Inc
    Coffee Tables Store
    Curio Cabinets Inc
    Daybeds Inc
    Exercise Bikes Inc
    Fitness Equipment Superstore

21. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I was considering putting some links up but now after the feedback it seems they don't convert well so I will not waste my time with this network that has a terrible history. Besides, look at this forum, it's dead, not a sign from them and to have these shady merchants like Mercantila etc as a big part of their network speaks a lot about this outfit.

I just put a big X over Pepperjam as one of a number of networks to work with....

We do make money with Pepperjam, but literally 1/100th what we make with CJ, linkshare, and the other large networks.

25. Thanks From:

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    We do make money with Pepperjam, but literally 1/100th what we make with CJ, linkshare, and the other large networks.
    After CJ/Linkshare, what do you consider a large network, lol?

For U.S. merchants...

Haha, good point. Over 90% of our earnings are with those two networks. One merchant in Linkshare actually represents more in daily earnings than all of the merchants at CJ combined. From there AvantLink and Affiliate Window would be next in earnings, but maybe 1/50th - 1/100th the earnings of cj/ls on a great day. After those which have steady sales comes Link Connector and Pepperjam which are more hit and miss. An odd sale here and there.

Granted, we have just started off with AvantLink and Affiliate Window. I see more potential with them given the quality of the merchants they both work with, and the overall network quality. It typically takes 90 days or so for our algorithm's to find proper placement for a new merchant, and neither network has had that much time in our system.

On top of that, we just recently started with UK and Canada, so I expect the numbers to be different. Linkshare and Affiliate Window seem to own the UK, while Avantlink and Linkshare seem to have strong merchants in Canada. Time will tell there.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Properent - conspicuously absent is any mention of Shareasale.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

We don't work with them. Tried talking to them 3 or 4 times at affiliate summit over the past couple years and got nowhere (Jason specifically). Explained that our business model is similar to that of skimlinks/viglink, but they still said they couldn't work with us. No idea why....

We get merchants from SAS asking us to join their programs at least 3 or 4 times a week.

I am affiliate for many advertisers on PJ, zoostores used to be one of the advertisers i work with ( until I had problem with them regarding tracking. Since I own a loyalty program, my users report any missing commission, Zoostores was not reporting any and I ended cutting my relationship with them, I wouldcut any store related to this company upon my experience ).

Yes, I am making commission from multiple advertisers on PJ, Over all the network is better than many other well known networks ( specially in reporting ).

I am getting my commission every 15 days through PayPal ( which again better than other companies that sending my every two days a check, without naming them because they wouldn't do direct deposit or PayPal for all advertisers).

ABW Ambassador
    I make regular commissions with the Merchants I work with at PJ. So far I've only been working in a narrow niche with about six merchants. But they are converting well and I'm getting paid regularly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast