Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Top 7 US Airports for Long Layovers
    I've visited most of these airports because of internet-related conferences. Do you agree with their list of the Seven Best Airports in the US for Long Layovers? What's your personal favorite?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Had a layover at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Newark surprised me when I came back from ASE12 last summer, had a lot of construction but like the food choices.

The Delta terminal in JFK airport (NYC) impressed me with it's selection of better than decent restaurants (not chains) and 200 free iPads to use as a pretty easy place to spend a few unexpected hours of my time.

I actually liked the choice of restaurants at Midway in Chicago, when I had to wait there an extra 5 hours due to weather delays in Denver. Still not sure I trust the wi-fi, however, after a really bad experience with Boingo at LaGuardia.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Forgot about the Delta terminal in JFK airport (NYC), traveled out of there two years ago after ASE11. Was there when the earth quake hit.

I lived in Chicago through the 90's and flew out of Midway a lot. Haven't been there since 1997 so would be surprised to see how it must look now.

I was totally shocked the first time I flew into Midway after they moved the terminals to the east side of the street. Sunny, clean, modern, with lots of shops and restaurants. Now I rarely fly into O'Hare anymore.

When I was at Midway I passed a display about WWII bombers, local veterans, what the airport was named after, etc. I can't recall a lot of details now but it was really fascinating (I like museums, so it appealed to me) and rather unexpected in the middle of an airport. Just made me stop and think!

Las Vegas is spacious with lots of outlets and free WiFi but it's also full of slot machines constantly making that dingdingdingdingding noise. Hey, if you like to gamble, you're good!

You're right Rachel, it's actually about the Battle of Midway, and it's right off the main terminal which is pretty cool.

I try to get through Las Vegas airport as fast as possible for exactly that reason. Luckily I usually fly Frontier, which is now at the new terminal - it's fantastic! Clean, quiet, new, close, wonderful!

I always fly Southwest when I can, unless another airline is much much cheaper. I love their service.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread