Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs down FansEdge.com drops commision to 2% with 3 day cookie
    Heads up: Just got notified that FansEdge.com (CJ) who is managed by dreamscorp.com have dropped their commission from 10% 45 cookie to 2% with 3 day cookie. The new terms are named "Program Terms: FE 2% Coupon/Deal (Updated April 2013)" however I do not post coupons/deals of any kind on any sites.

Good Bye FansEdge.com !!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

2. Thanks From:

ouch!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Throw Football Fanatics into the group...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I guess these guys don't like money!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Hey guys, if you're a content affiliate, your commission rate will stay the same. Just get in touch with Kristen and she'll get you taken care of.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

As far as Fanatics goes, it's the same deal. We're leaving content affiliates pay rate alone and we're decreasing payout on coupon/deal sites. If you have any questions, please get in touch with me.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Wade - I don't promote FansEdge.com much anymore since going with Fanatics.com, but on CJ I see for FansEdge.com "End 4/10" - what's up? Am I being booted or are they leaving CJ?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hey Phil, thanks for asking. What is happening is that we're ending the existing term for all of our brands and putting new terms into place. Content affiliates will continue earning at 10% and will have the longest cookie offered. Coupon/Deal and loyalty affiliates will see lower payout rates and shorter cookies. There are some CA affiliates who got expired because they didn't have paperwork in. I know I have yours and will make sure that's not an issue.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks, Wade.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

A quick update, the only people who got put in the term with the 2% payout either had coupon/deal as one of their promo methods in their Network profile, or hadn't made sales in 2012-2013. We're happy to address any issues one to one with affiliates affected.

Thumbs down
    I saw the 2% deal in CJ and declined.

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬ View Post
    I did too.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

16. Thanks From:

I declined it too. I only had them on my content sites, I rather pull links than deal with this nonsense

18. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬ View Post
    If you are not a coupon site, why did you check the box on your network profile that says you use coupons? That's why you got the new terms sent to you!

All you have to do is update your profile or tell Wade. I don't get why you declined the offer and want to walk away. It's an easy fix.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    If you are not a coupon site, why did you check the box on your network profile that says you use coupons? That's why you got the new terms sent to you!
    I do not see any such box on CJ all I see is:

Web site / Content
    Search Engine Marketing
    Email Marketing
    Software

Am I missing anything?????????????????????
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

No, you are not missing anything, that box is on SAS not CJ. Also, boxes like that are useless anyway if you have multiple sites.

22. Thanks From:
    kse

I'm happy to chat with anyone and see what we can do. If you're promoting via content sites, there's no reason the payout needs to change for you moving forward. All it takes it a PM to me with your CID and we can get things fixed.

I'm sorry if we made a mistake in classification here or there, but we're talking about thousands of affiliate relationships here. Most content affiliates that got bumped down also hadn't driven sales in the past year.

Lightbulb

All you have to do is update your profile or tell Wade. I don't get why you declined the offer and want to walk away. It's an easy fix.
    don't remember any box. don't think I've ever anywhere claimed to be a coupon site. I declined the 2% offer, the only choice the interface gave me.

I've been in contact with Wade since, all should be well.

I'm posting this in both threads relating to Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com so it will have little chance of being missed by anyone interested in these programs.

I have been with Fansedge.com for many years, but have done little to promote them in the last couple of years, since I began with Fanatics.com, which is my primary sports apparel merchant.

When Fanatics.com began terminating California-based affiliates, Wade immediately reached out to us and informed us that we were safe so long as we proved the California Board of Equalization workaround forms. Now, Fansedge.com has also been terminating CA affiliates, but with the same priviso - send in the workaround, and you are safe. Also, Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com have apparently been informing some affiliates of a drastically reduced commissions structure, but one that applies ONLY to coupon and incentive affiliates. Unfortunately, it appears that some content affiliates have received this change in TOS in error.

I was terminated from Fansedge.com, and as soon as I saw this, contacted Wade, and he immediately rectified the situation (he already had my workaround forms), providing a new offer to get me reinstated, and as a content affiliate, retaining my ongoing commission level.

As Wade has stated, these merchants have thousands of affiliates in their programs, and mistakes happen. You will not find a more approachable, helpful, or knowledgable affiliate manager than Wade, and all you have to do is contact him, and these unfortunate mistakes will be rectified.

I cannot speak to the underlying concept of two-tier commissions, giving coupon and/or incentive affiliates substantially lower commissions than content affiliates (I do not do coupons or incentives) but it is a wide-spread trend throughout the industry, and part of a larger trend to lower commissions overall. I have in other threads written about the awful treatment of affiliates by many merchants over the past year or so, including one merchant that lowered all commissions from 9% to 3% and another that reduced commissions to 0% to 1%. Don't lump Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com in with these.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    ... we're decreasing payout on coupon/deal sites. If you have any questions, please get in touch with me.
    When will these new affiliate warriors f###off? I don't like your new way of putting deal sites in the lower commission category, who the hell are you to start deciding that we deserve less? I'm shocked people are so accepting of this bs and please stop justifying it with Oh content sites are not affected....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

27. Thanks From:

Why would you encourage us to put up your coupons by participating in GoldenCan and then turnaround and just give us 2%. I don't consider myself a coupon site but utilize GoldenCan for those merchants being offered on there. I am more then willing to drop my GoldenCan feeds to get the 10% and longer cookie. I generate very little if anything from the GoldenCan feed and don't want to be penalized for this. Both FansEdge and Fanatics are on GoldenCan.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

29. Thanks From:
    kse

Glittered, I'm sorry you're not happy with the change in terms. We're not brands that discount heavily in the affiliate channel by design or figure to in the future and partnering with coupon sites at full payout + network fee + margin lost in couponing didn't make sense.

We're open to a little play on payout for proactive promotion via email or social or enhanced placements, but continuing to pay full commissions on sales made largely through SEOing pages on our brand + coupon or promo code isn't going to happen.

If you'd like to discuss further privately, please get in touch.

I think this is the natural direction that the affiliate industry is moving in. I see the days of thin affiliate sites, coupon sites, and the like being numbered. People need to start building a brand, and create content that actually adds value. That's the only way the industry moves forward. I know that the tools we are creating going forward are all focused on encouraging this type of affiliate model.

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    who the hell are you to start deciding that we deserve less?
    We are the representatives that get paid by the merchant to find balance in the affiliate programs. We weigh their needs versus your needs and execute the compromise. The good managers do it with both sides in mind and communicate with affiliates and engage with them online, such as right here.

How many times has this happened to you and you never even know the managers name? You never have a chance to voice your opinion? You never get a chance to talk offline personally with the manager?
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

We are the representatives that get paid by the merchant to find balance in the affiliate programs. We weigh their needs versus your needs and execute the compromise. The good managers do it with both sides in mind and communicate with affiliates and engage with them online, such as right here.

How many times has this happened to you and you never even know the managers name? You never have a chance to voice your opinion? You never get a chance to talk offline personally with the manager?
    Exactly! And this is why Wade and Greg are both great program managers with whom to work.

I've also got to agree with what Prosperent had to say. We, as affiliates, need to create true [added] value for readers/visitors, otherwise they can and will - and really should - go directly to the merchant.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

34. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast