Lightbulb Pro Sports Memorabilia messing with us
    just saw a 2% commission switch down from 10%. they must be assuming coupon or low (no) volume affiliates.

I'm griping.

added: their email addy in CJ doesn't work.
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; April 4th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.

If I remember right- they also made the cookie 3 days.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    If I remember right- they also made the cookie 3 days.
    yup. adding insult to injury. I push their datafeed.

becoming a trend?

Seems to be. I'm getting rid of all the merchants that do that.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Exclamation
    I was going to invite them here to discuss this situation but their email in CJ doesn't work.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Looks like they're following the "industry trend" or leader...

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/commi...ie-165063.html
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm posting this in both threads relating to Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com so it will have little chance of being missed by anyone interested in these programs.

I have been with Fansedge.com for many years, but have done little to promote them in the last couple of years, since I began with Fanatics.com, which is my primary sports apparel merchant.

When Fanatics.com began terminating California-based affiliates, Wade immediately reached out to us and informed us that we were safe so long as we proved the California Board of Equalization workaround forms. Now, Fansedge.com has also been terminating CA affiliates, but with the same priviso - send in the workaround, and you are safe. Also, Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com have apparently been informing some affiliates of a drastically reduced commissions structure, but one that applies ONLY to coupon and incentive affiliates. Unfortunately, it appears that some content affiliates have received this change in TOS in error.

I was terminated from Fansedge.com, and as soon as I saw this, contacted Wade, and he immediately rectified the situation (he already had my workaround forms), providing a new offer to get me reinstated, and as a content affiliate, retaining my ongoing commission level.

As Wade has stated, these merchants have thousands of affiliates in their programs, and mistakes happen. You will not find a more approachable, helpful, or knowledgable affiliate manager than Wade, and all you have to do is contact him, and these unfortunate mistakes will be rectified.

I cannot speak to the underlying concept of two-tier commissions, giving coupon and/or incentive affiliates substantially lower commissions than content affiliates (I do not do coupons or incentives) but it is a wide-spread trend throughout the industry, and part of a larger trend to lower commissions overall. I have in other threads written about the awful treatment of affiliates by many merchants over the past year or so, including one merchant that lowered all commissions from 9% to 3% and another that reduced commissions to 0% to 1%. Don't lump Fansedge.com and Fanatics.com in with these.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

8. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Let me add that in January Pro Sports Memorabilia terminated me with of course no explanation or contact.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Same issue as with Fans Edge - FansEdge, Fanatics, ProSportsMemorabilia, Mounted Memories are all owned by Fanatics.com.

We're standardizing things as much as we can across all of our programs. We occassionally make mistakes on the classification of affiliates and we apologize for this. If I have corrections to make, please PM me and we'll fix. Hound, the January issue was probably CA nexus related and I'll fix that as well.

Sorry for the rough week everyone, if you can hang in there and work with me, all will be fixed as long as you're a content based affiliate. The incentive and coupon/deal folks likely won't be as happy.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

If you want to get with me to fix up your offer, please PM with with your CID or other network ID and we'll get things handled. As I mentioned in the Fans Edge thread, content affiliates will have their payout stay the same. The cookie length is shorter, but will still earn you commissions on the vast majority of sales. Once I have your CID, we'll push you a new offer.

Again, apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for the heads up on the contact email in CJ Herb - we'll get that fixed.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread