Thoughts on PopShops and GoldenCAN?
    Anyone have an opinion and/or best practices for datafeed integration services such as PopShops and GoldenCAN?

Thanks in advance.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm an affiliate and use PopShops and am very happy with their service.

I see you're an affiliate manager, are you looking to add your datafeed to these services? If so, I would suggest that you add them to any available datafeed tool that affiliates may use. There are other datafeed services/tools too so browse around the forum linked below and you'll find them.

Industry Tools & Services - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Last edited by msladybug; April 15th, 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo

3. Thanks From:

Awesome... Thanks so much.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Both services are great. Also check out Prosperent and Sellfire. Each has their own special approach to the market, serving the needs of a wide variety of affiliates.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

6. Thanks From:

Thanks... I'll check out those too.

One other thing... Is there a good way, perhaps even here at ABW, to promote that our shop is now available through these datafeed aggregators? Again, thanks in advance.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Kind of a no-brainer. Non-technical affiliate use either or both to represent product showcases on their sites. I know affiliates who started that way then learned datafeeds, php, etc to more fully manage products on their sites. Neither costs a merchant a cent to join and both can bring affiliates to your program.

If you are a Shareasale merchant you can directly integrate with GoldenCAN by giving them a percentage of commission. I was giving 10% but increased that to 25% to better take advantage of their reach. Shareasale has many newbie affiliates who use the networks tools to do more with their site(s).

10. Thanks From:

Sweet... We're live on PopShops.

I saw the announcement on the Popshops facebook page. Congrats.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

13. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I am a little bigger fan of SellFire and GoldenCan than PopShops for one reason: they are dynamically updated, or can be set up to substitute any products that are out of stock. We do work with all of them though. One thing you should watch as a merchant is that you work with tools like these that require the affiliate to have an active account with you as opposed to being a sub-affiliate network that may allow in affiliates you wouldn't otherwise approve. GodenCan, Sellfire and PopShops are all good to go from this standpoint. VigLink, Skimlinks, etc, not so much.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I use a combination of Popshops and Sellfire, as each have benefits as described above. I use Golden Can far less than in years past as I never liked their "4th Click" system. By paying a monthly fee to PS and SF you know what is your real cost. Losing 25% of sales to GC is an unknown cost that could be substantial at times. No way to know.

One problem with PS merchants on multiple networks: Why does merchant X's feed through CJ have 250,000 products and their feed through SAS have only 150,000? I hate the very idea of being in multiple networks for any single merchant, but when you need a product that is only in the "other" feed, that is very upsetting. SF does not seem to have this problem as it appears that their merchants are limited to a single network.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

16. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Let me add this as well: The Sellfire WordPress Plug-in is fabulous and makes using SF on WP fast and easy.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 24th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    I use a combination of Popshops and Sellfire, as each have benefits as described above. I use Golden Can far less than in years past as I never liked their "4th Click" system. By paying a monthly fee to PS and SF you know what is your real cost. Losing 25% of sales to GC is an unknown cost that could be substantial at times. No way to know.
    My thoughts exactly! The "4th click" system is the main reason I don't use Golden Can as much anymore. I'd rather pay a fee in front than not knowing when or which click goes to who.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    One problem with PS merchants on multiple networks: Why does merchant X's feed through CJ have 250,000 products and their feed through SAS have only 150,000? I hate the very idea of being in multiple networks for any single merchant, but when you need a product that is only in the "other" feed, that is very upsetting.
    I have been bothering by this same issue for long time. Sometimes I will contact PS and the merchants to try to find out what went wrong. It seems always an unsolved issue. My guess is the different feed structures in different network cause PS system unable to pick up some products. Most of the time I will just apply to all their programs in multiple networks just to get the products I need. Yes, I hate to be affiliate with all their programs in multiple networks for a single merchant simply due to the discrepancy of their feed product count. I'm sure merchants don't like that idea either.

19. Thanks From:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread