Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Google Affiliate Network (GAN) shutting down
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    Google Affiliate Network has just published the following:

An update on Google Affiliate Network

Our goal with Google Affiliate Network has been to help advertisers and publishers improve their performance across the affiliate ecosystem. Cost-per-action (CPA) marketing has rapidly evolved in the last few years, and weve invested significantly in CPA tools like Product Listing Ads, remarketing and Conversion Optimizer. Were constantly evaluating our products to ensure that were focused on the services that will have the biggest impact for our advertisers and publishers.

To that end, weve made the difficult decision to retire Google Affiliate Network and focus on other products that are driving great results for clients.

Well continue to support our customers as we wind down the product over the next few months. And there are other products that can help you achieve your goals. Affiliate publishers can continue to earn AdSense revenue through the AdSense network. And marketers can take advantage of other CPA-oriented Google tools like Product Listing Ads, remarketing and Conversion Optimizer to drive valuable online sales and conversions. These areas are growing rapidly and were continuing to invest heavily in them.

Thanks for your support of our affiliate product, and we look forward to helping you grow your business in the future.

Posted by: J.J. Hirschle, Head of Google Affiliate Network

Read More From An update on Google Affiliate Network...
    Posted a copy of this because the title will get more attention.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Affiliate Manager
    I liked GAN . . . oh well . . . now the bumrush by other networks to gobble up advertisers

Lightbulb
    very much like when the states started the sales tax debacle. at least this time the merchants will move and eventually show up again.

Not like there were a whole lot of public programs on GAN - Just downloaded the list and only 970 or so programs listed.

Which I recommend everyone do as you may want the info. Never know when they start holding more and more information from everyone...

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, I'm so mad right now I can't put more than a few sentences together without using language that goes against my faith.

Several of my top earners is on GAN.

Why bother with that let's make the GAN network better survey last month when you had this in mind?

6. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    If this is legit, then it is FABULOUS news!

The total hatred, disdain, animosity, antagonism, and outright disgust that GAN has for affiliates and their total refusal to even discuss their years-long tracking issues have apparently all come back to haunt them, as has their despicable adsense payment policy that caused so many affiliates to be unceremoniously booted from GAN, with no way of even discussing the issue.

I have been eliminating promotion of GAN merchants for more than a year and I have maybe 100 GAN merchants who have solicited me, and I would love to work with many of them - that can now be possible once they find legitimate network homes.

NOTE: Shouldn't this thread be in the GAN forum, or have they shut that down already.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

let's make the GAN network better survey
    More like, let's help make Google Product Listing better.

msladybug, I'm SO sorry to hear one of your top merchants is on GAN.. this is going to have far-reaching consequences for a number of publishers.

I stopped actively promoting their merchants 18 months ago, at a time when revenue drastically dropped, and no one from GAN responded (at the same time, the other networks were achieving record highs).

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post

NOTE: Shouldn't this thread be in the GAN forum, or have they shut that down already.
    I posted a copy here in the event they deleted their announcement and/or forum. And, knowing the title of this thread would get more eyeballs...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    I posted a copy here in the event they deleted their announcement and/or forum. And, knowing the title of this thread would get more eyeballs...
    Got it - I saw this thread before I saw the other one.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; April 16th, 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Wonder how many affiliates will never see their last earnings?

As merchants leave, affiliates pulling down links, at some point affiliate final payments are going to be less than $100. They should pay all affiliates a final amount when the doors close. I personally do NOT use adsense and it would be a crime if they expected affiliates to use adsense...

12. Thanks From:

Sorry, msladybug, but though it will mean lots of work changing over, in the long run, you, and the rest of us, will be far better off. No one has any idea of the extent of the commissions that have literally been stolen from us because of their failure to properly track sales and pay hard-earned commission.

14. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Well this proves even more that affiliate websites ARE being targeted in Google search results, they have nothing to lose. They can now hurt the other networks (competitors) without hurting themselves.

16. Thanks From:

Have they NOT TOLD their merchants? I just received (time stamped 2 minutes ago) yet another solicitation to join a GAN merchant program.

18. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    What a mess..

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Well this proves even more that affiliate websites ARE being targeted in Google search results, they have nothing to lose. They can now hurt the other networks (competitors) without hurting themselves.
    Now the Google can finish off affiliates once and for all...

Affiliate Manager
    Agree on the lost commissions, Surprised Google didn't sell it off for a quick profit.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree74 View Post
    Agree on the lost commissions, Surprised Google didn't sell it off for a quick profit.
    Probably could not find a buyer - a network that can't track transactions would be worth a small fraction of what they paid for it.

I just wrote about this a bit ago as well!

What To Do Now that Google Affiliate Network is Closing

I didn't even think about the minimum payout issue. I think that you are right that they need to pay out everyone fully even if they do not hit the minimum. I suspect that they probably will.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Have they NOT TOLD their merchants? I just received (time stamped 2 minutes ago) yet another solicitation to join a GAN merchant program.
    Not surprising at all. Such a shame.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Wow, that sucks, we just got accepted into a bunch of private programs earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    Wow, that sucks, we just got accepted into a bunch of private programs earlier today.
    That's tough because sometimes it can be hard to get back into them when they switch networks. Those will be tricky situations.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

27. Thanks From:

Yeah, other than those big brands, we aren't really impacted by the closure. Hopefully they migrate to a good network.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Note:

GreekGear.com is currently on GAN but we just also recently opened on CJ. See CJ info here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/shopi...ve-162900.html

30. Thanks From:

Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

32. Thanks From:

So what's going to be next? Blogger? I would think not, because of the tremendous content base, but I've already read some conjecture about that...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast