finding affiliates
    Hi, I am new to this job, affiliate manager. Have been involved in internet business for many years on my own. Was offered this position a few weeks ago. I would like some direction in the best or proper way to find Affiliates. I have five new products getting set for release over the next five months. The company I work with has a good track record. Many happy customers with low return rate. We use CB for interaction with affiliates. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks JediJim

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    ABestWeb is not a hangout for Clickbank. Most affiliates come here to find another way to promote a product.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by JediJim View Post
    Hi, I am new to this job, affiliate manager. Have been involved in internet business for many years on my own. Was offered this position a few weeks ago. I would like some direction in the best or proper way to find Affiliates. I have five new products getting set for release over the next five months. The company I work with has a good track record. Many happy customers with low return rate. We use CB for interaction with affiliates. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks JediJim
    Advertise on ClickBank.

5. Thanks From:

Still a decent question, how do you go about finding affiliates?

There are plenty of affiliate forums that have thousands of Affiliates visiting them daily. Getting Affiliates to see your offer is not really a problem, it's having an offer that is "worth it," in the eyes of Affiliates, that is key. Most of the Affiliate offers I see are unoriginal products/services or over saturated products/services.

8. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager
    For Clickbank specific affiliates, there are some popular Internet Marketing forums out there that have a lot of Clickbank type affiliates. I'm not sure the rules on linking from here, so just search Google and you can find internet marketing forums.

One way that has worked for me in the past was to create a report that really went in depth on an opportunity. Basically, it presented a starving crowd, what they're looking for, how to market to them, etc... then presented my product as the answer to the customer's question. I took this and did paid advertisements at some forums and gave the report away to affiliates.

Worked well for Clickbank products.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Still a decent question, how do you go about finding affiliates?
    Affiliates are easy to find, google your niche term and review the sites lists. Contacting them is another issue.

My techniques for recruiting affiliates:
    Use a network where you can reach 1000's of affiliates.
    Provide a compelling offer after you have done your research and are competitive.
    Create an online reputation, submit articles, speak at conferences, contribute on forums.
    Speak to affiliates in their terms, what is your USP, why your merchant, how is this different.
    Use the Seven Points of Contact philosophy, be consistent but respect affiliates time, follow-up and follow through.

11. Thanks From:

Great answers! Thank you.

Yeah what Chuck said.

So to do all that you need to be personable, be of value, and be persistent... and it takes time...

Not something you are going to do overnight.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread