Can I have 2 accounts with CJ? Same name, same address ...

Why would you want to? You can configure many different websites for the same account and track them seperately.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

Dynamoo,

quote:
    Why would you want to? You can configure many different websites for the same account and track them seperately.

Some merchants don't like to see certain types of sites in an acnt. An example would be a gambling site. I was getting turned down by a lot of merchants and couldn't figure out why, then it hit me. It was because of a gambling site I have listed.

I wanted the merchants for a shopping site but once they seen the gambling site I would get rejected even though I had no intention of placing their links there. That would be one reason to want to have to acnts. JMO of course!

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Interesting, DaPackster.

In general it's a PITA having more than one account. I thought it would help keep track of which merchants were where, but it turned out to be more like "now which account am I signed up with that merchant?"

Finally switched all links to one account.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Webmistress,

Your right about it can be a PITA. What would be nice is if CJ could put in place what Befree did. Set it up so you can check which sites you are applying to the merchants for. That way the other irrelevant sites aren't included when applying to the merchant.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Siging up two accounts, well that will not harm anyother but you, as your performance will be divided in two accounts, and payment is also divided in two accounts.

As for concerned rejection of account, i have seen that cj's many affiliates reject instantly without even realizing who is applying, that is set in computers to reject everybody. So as you click join and get REJECTED... I hate it. But network have many affiliates so some of them don't have any intrest in affiliation marketing or have not assigned their staff to do it, like once I saw that one affiliate on cj have not even changed the content where he have to put his introduction There was written place for your introduction.

Another example of cj's affiliates attention is check all affiliate's introduction you will be surprise to find most have same content, like sentence "The products which people want", "just like you would expect in retail store services",and many sentences. I have seen they don't have time to change or make their own content so they just take and copy it.

When someone don't have time to write his own introduction I am unable to realize how much they put tracking fields in their links, but at least they don't have time for their own introduction and so if you think they are checking your sites, I don't think that might be reason. They are pretty busy, write 10 letters to different affiliate you would get just 2 replies.

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

ABW Ambassador
    I have two accounts.

Awhile back I hadn't received a check for one of the accounts. I e-mailed CJ that I had two accounts set up, and that one check didn't come. I asked how I could consolidate my two accounts into one.

They responded that the check would be sent out immediately, but didn't say anything about having two accounts, or how to consolidate them into one.

I've since then concluded over the years that they don't mind two accounts.

I have three accounts, merchant/advertiser account for work, publisher account for work, and publisher account for personal sites, and publisher account for my Mother for UK sites.

Only problem I have had is trying to remember which email address and password is for which.

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

I count that as four, Mark..

Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

LOL

Doh! I wrote three then as I was typing I remembered a fourth one.

You should hope this works in my affiliate program as well, you refer 3 sales, I miscount and credit you with 4 ;-)

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

I prefer to have refer you 30 and your miscount it become 40!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread