The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Should I be getting reassuring emails from GAN merchants
    You know its been a few days and I have only gotten one email from a GAN merchant reassuring me that they are taking steps to move forward. I would have expected by now every GAN merchant who has a program on a concurrent network to email me to say move to the other network and we'll take care of this thing in as seemless way as possible. Maybe something like over the next week we will be taking particular attention to approving the GAN affiliates on the new networks as they come to it. I have 'many' GAN merchants but three of them happen to be on cj (that I wasn't already affiliated with) one was an auto approve (good) one hasn't approved me yet and its been several days (didn't they expect to get a bunch of affiliates moving?) and one turned me down (ummm does that mean I should remove their links now since we don't seem to have a future?)

Maybe its me (and I'm sure Greg will agree, he seems to take what other affiliate managers do personally) but isn't it a sign of bad affiliate managementship to not have contacted the affiliates by now and tell them what is going to happen. Even if its just management is looking into a new network and we'll get back to you.

What do you guys think the job of the affiliate manager/management companies at this time? It seems to me that at the very least for ones that manage programs that are on several networks they should at least push and email saying to switch now and spend the next several days at least making sure that acceptances are made in a timely matter. Maybe they could ask the affiliates to reply with their network id numbers so that they can be on the lookout for the switchovers. NO need to do deep checking of an affiliate its its just a network switch.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'd say we've heard from 80% of the programs in which we belong (or care about).

Out of that another 80% have a plan, somewhat of a plan, or are reviewing options.

Then there are those that say they will let us know, but until then "keep driving sales", lol.

Majority of the ones not being proactive are the accounts managed by GAN or that have an account manager on GAN...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Maybe that's it, I haven't checked how many of my merchants have a GAN AM. I know several of them do, but I'm not sure how many.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    .....but isn't it a sign of bad affiliate managementship to not have contacted the affiliates by now and tell them what is going to happen. Even if its just management is looking into a new network and we'll get back to you......
    You are absolutely correct. Merchants who care about their programs and their affiliates will have contacted you by now. Even if they do not yet have "all the answers" you should have (at least) gotten a heads-up.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    I've contacted all of our GAN affiliates twice now with links to our programs on other networks. The first message was sent before GAN had even sent out emails, just the post on their blog.

I can't think of a good reason not to alert all of your affiliates.

Also had a few merchants slip in a comment about migrating WITHIN their promotional emails. Had we not been reading each email from GAN, we could have easily of missed them...

9. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    That's funny that they're still sending out promo emails in GAN. It may help their current campaigns but I'd rather have more of my affiliates transitioned to an active program than put up a banner.

11. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    GAN doesn't have a way to send via the network unless you pay for it. So AMs need to download the email list and run it through an email server or their own email account. In the case of my merchant he plugged in the program and wasn't actively managing it. I am prepping to send an email but we haven't finished contracting with another network so noting to report yet. It may take time for some merchants to offer another network.

ABW Ambassador
    I have sent emails to the merchants I care about/making sales and asked them what's their plans. So far I haven't heard anything back from them. Most of them have GAN email address.

I'm not going to wait until the last minute. Started last week, I have switched most of the GAN links to merchants who are available on other networks and deleted several merchants who have not performed well.

There is no reason to send more traffic to GAN merchants at this point. I have a feeling the tracking won't be functioned normally even though the official network ending date is 7/31. Who's going to work at a sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    GAN doesn't have a way to send via the network unless you pay for it.
    Then they should pay for it out of their refunds they are getting or tell GAN, no more charges related to the closing/migration.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    AMs need to download the email list and run it through an email server or their own email account.
    Whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    There is no reason to send more traffic to GAN merchants at this point.
    Agreed...

Maybe its just me, but I have noticed something. Has any merchant that is represented by affiliatetraction emailed/contacted you about the upcoming GAN shutdown. I have noticed I have 5 merchants represented by affiliatetraction and no one email from any of them about the shutdown. One of their merchants even rejected me when I applied at another network which boggles my mind. That is how I noticed that I hadn't been contacted by any of them.

Looking through all my emails since the 18th I haven't found on correspondence from a merchant represented by affiliatetraction on any matter. Are you guys finding this too. Maybe its time for some good professional AM to contact these merchants and inform them of their lack of service and see if they can pick up a few new clients.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Received seven emails from them. Emails come from "AffiliateTraction Team"...

SHOEBACCA
    Unique Vintage
    O'Neill
    Lord & Taylor
    Linens-n-Things
    Journelle
    Electric Fireplaces Direct

However, they are EXTREMELY slow and/or non-responsive to emails...

You got one from Lord & Taylor and Unique Vintage? They haven't sent me any. What did they say? Lord & Taylor didn't even accept me when I applied at cj which is what prompted this post. Maybe they just don't like me ;-( Must like like MOOing citrus fruits.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

They are both on just about every network out there. However, not all the networks have feeds - PJX does for Lord & Taylor, but that's 100K plus items being pulled from PJX (yuck). Since we don't care for PJX, we'll wait and see if CJ comes into play.

Unique Vintage and Lord & Taylor are on:

AL, AW, Impact Radius, PJX, Webgains, kneon (who?)

Personally, I think AffiliateTraction has an aversion to CJ...

Just reviewed my emails:

Target - Considering next move
    Grooming Lounge - Considering next move
    Gemvara - CJ
    Gander Mountain/Overton - Affiliate Connector
    Hancock Fabricks - CJ
    Auto Parts Warehouse - CJ
    Downpour - Considering options
    Under Armour - Considering options

I responded to the merchants who were not firm yet, by recommending they transfer to either AvantLink or ShareaSale.

Auto Parts Warehouse was clever - they did not send me an email message about the change, but notified me about a "Change to Terms of Service" which required me to login to GAN - where they spelled out the program was now available on CJ.
    :coffeetim

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Personally, I think AffiliateTraction has an aversion to CJ...
    LOL - just figured out why that may be, all ex-CJ folks...

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Our GreekGear program was already live in CJ so does help with faster switch over. I've emailed all GAN affiliates and with links to these posts. So, if you ( or someone you know lol ) have not joined or received my email read and join here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/shopi...on-165633.html

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/shopi...ve-162900.html

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread