Question RSS Dynamic Deal Feed
    Hi: I'm new to Avant Link -- they have some great marketing tools. I followed the instructions for the dynamic deal RSS feed and placed it on the appropriate page in an area where I'm showcasing product items for a particular merchant.

When I clicked on the RSS feed icon to test (after I saved and published the blog page), the raw data shows up in a new window just fine; however, there is verbage at the top indicating I have not associated any "style" with the feed. I have watched the tutorial multiple times, but in my case, there was additional code required which was not displayed on the video tutorial.

I copied/pasted the CSS style code as instructed in what I believe is the correct spot on my Weebly website - in the pages/design/CSS/HTML tab. I scrolled to the bottom and pasted the recommended style code then pasted the html code at the location on the page for the RSS feed.

So, does anyone have any idea as to what I have missed or am doing incorrectly? I really want to get this feed correct asap for obvious reasons.

Also, in Weebly, one can only include an RSS feed on a blog page -- not a standard web page. Something I learned today. That said, I created a 2nd blog page devoted to "Deals 'N Steals" to display dynamic coupon/deal information on the page, hopefully with the capability for one to subscribe to the feed with our Affiliate ID embedded in the code...

Thanks very much and I hope I'm explaining myself clearly...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Moved to the AvantLink forum

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Hey there HHOA. This is a bit hard to answer directly on the forums without seeing the actual page the Dynamic Deal Feed tool is activated on.

Here's what I'd recommend. Head over to your AvantLink account and log in. From there, his the "Support" link at the top right and then submit a support request ticket to us explaining what you just said above as well as including the page which you're using it on. That way we can take a bit more in-depth look at things.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread