Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Impact Radius
    Anyone have any experience with Impact Radius?

A lot of AffilaiteTraction's GAN merchants are on Impact Radius, and other networks that I personally can do without.

Thanks!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Impact Radius is focused on solving the issues CJ has with broken links. For a coupon code if the merchant has it properly setup the code is the tracking mechanism. If the tracking is broken it will credit that sale explicitly to the affiliate.

Opinions as a merchant and affiliate?

Merchant

Yeah, but do you have any?

?

?

We used it as secondary tracking for Wise Food Storage and were catching 2-3 transactions a month that CJ was dropping. We had a second program on AvantLink and decided to switch to AvantMetrics for the backup tracking as we are working with them on an attribution model. That's the only reason we dropped IR. We didn't fully use it as a network solution.

7. Thanks From:

I was wondering about Impact Radius as well. On a similar vein, Has anyone setup for LinkConnector affiliate programs? Overton's and Gander Mountain are going LinkConnector only now and I've never worked with LinkConnector.

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Has anyone setup for LinkConnector affiliate programs? Overton's and Gander Mountain are going LinkConnector only now and I've never worked with LinkConnector.
    Signed up with them ages ago - never used them. Went back three days ago because of Overton's and Gander Mountain, as well - shot them an email. Day three, no response

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Signed up with them ages ago -
    Same here.

However, I did tried to use them a few years ago.

I remember that they had a really weird way of promoting their merchants. Not only you need to be approved by the merchant, you also need to get approved for each "campaigns" under that merchant in order to get tracked. I was very confused at that time and emailed back and forth with one of their rep(he was very nice, BTW). I set up a couple of "campaigns", but never really promoted them.

Maybe things are different now. Not sure why Overton's chose to go there, but if it still takes so mush hassle to get approved for each campaign, I'll just have to let Overton's go.

12. Thanks From:

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Todd Crawford, so his involvement speaks well for Impact Radius. I've seen several affiliate-friendly things coming from them.

I signed up recently, because of a GAN merchant that was available there. They called to verify who I was. That's a good sign, too.

As for LinkConnector, I've never worked with them but some of the technology they put in place years ago (when they were briefly active on ABW) was not very affiliate friendly. I don't think any of it was insidious, but rather unintentional side effects of things they built for merchants.

IMHO, though, just about ANYONE (except PepperJam or ClixGalore) would be better than GAN.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

14. Thanks From:

Thanks, Michael...

Had signed up at Impact Radius a while back as well. Reason was one merchant requested I joined so thought I'd give it a look. Back when I signed up they didn't have a whole lot of merchants but looked now and have quite a lot more. I couldn't really understand how things worked there so hadn't gotten around to doing anything with them yet.

Ummmm thoroughly confused as to why Michael who is a biggie biggie affiliate had them call to verify who he was when they didn't do so with me. (unless they did call and heard answering machine and that was enough for them)

LinkConnector's been kind of a weird experience. Signed up cos was interested in a merchant there (quite a while back and don't remember who it was) wasn't sure if I should or not since there had been some negative posts here about them. Next time I went to log in kept getting an error message then tried to reset password but they kept saying was wrong email. Usually they send me a nice Christmas message email to that same email lol since I couldn't log in I just forgot about them since had my doubts anyway about them.

I just saw Destination Lighting was going with LinkConnector. I don't get it, why would a merchant go with a unknown network with few affiliates? These choices of Impact Radius, Affiliate Window, LinkConnector are very strange. It seems like a great way to have your program languish in anonymity.

18. Thanks From:

Agree +1

1) LinkConnector finally got around to replying - it was a quasi answer. "Account Rep" wants to schedule a phone call. Hell, all we wanted was to know how to fetch a feed.

2) Impact Radius - they don't bother to reply to emails.

3) Affiliate Window - can't stand the platform, lol...

I had a merchant on linkconnector a few years ago. Customer service was pretty good at that time. They tracked first click rather than last click. I tested links when I first set up and found that and they said yes it was true. The merchant I worked with moved to cj so I have not used them since. They also raised their minimum payout threshold and I think it was annual (then lost). I never got my last payment because of that. Check it, I have not done any recent research about them.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Agree +1

3) Affiliate Window - can't stand the platform, lol...
    Hey Convergence, I'm back in Colorado so we can have our lunch and we can discuss the Affiliate Window interface. Our interface is different from almost everyone else's, but most folks love it. We appreciate feedback, and always strive to keep improving, so I'm looking forward to your input.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I just saw Destination Lighting was going with LinkConnector. I don't get it, why would a merchant go with a unknown network with few affiliates? These choices of Impact Radius, Affiliate Window, LinkConnector are very strange. It seems like a great way to have your program languish in anonymity.
    I'd be happy anytime to show you all the good stuff about Affiliate Window anytime you have a few moments. There are some great things we have to offer for both merchants and affiliates, which is why so many huge programs are choosing AWin exclusively. Will you give me that chance?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

LinkConnector is not new, been around a long time. That said members here took them to task when they launched a forum as they didn't answer questions timely (2-3 days). I talked to them and explained how they were perceived by members but they refrained from rejoining the forum. You can search for those conversations which centered around their tracking and how it could be gamed.

24. Thanks From:

Impact Radius is going to give me heart attack.

They are just crap when it comes to being contacted and getting any timely response.

Their sign-up form doesn't have a place for an extension. They called, and hung up.

We tried calling the number you provided in your application but there was no response.
    Grrrrr...

Impossible to leave a message on their phone system.

Does ANYONE have a direct number for a human at IR?

Hi everybody,

I wanted to chime in and make myself available to answer any questions you may have related to Impact Radius. Thanks Chuck for bringing this thread to my attention.

Best,

Todd
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

28. Thanks From:

There are several ways to reach the support team at Impact Radius.

1) Chat: from within your account, there is a "live" icon in the upper right area. When chat is available, it says "live" and there are support staff available to answer questions via chat.

2) Support request from within your Impact Radius account. Click on the "help" link and then on the "Email help" icon and submit your questions.

3) Email: support (at) impactradius.com. Please include contact details in you email requests. It is also helpful if the email address you are using is also registered to your Impact Radius account.

4) Twitter: @ImpactRSupport

5) Phone: Call 805-966-2300 and then press "2" and leave a voice message with your questions and contact details. These voice messages get forwarded to support via email and someone will respond.
    Last edited by ToddCrawford; May 14th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Todd Crawford

If you ever have concerns about the platform services, you can always check out status.impactradius.com for more details. There is a "status" link in the footer of your account with this link as well.
    Todd Crawford

If you are interested in API's, check out our dev portal at http://dev.impactradius.com/display/...tner+Resources
    Todd Crawford

Hi Todd, thanks for chiming in.

I finally used the live chat - and Amy got us approved.

As for leaving a voicemail. Your VM service doesn't work. For starters you can only leave about a 5 second message. Was unable to review any messages I tried recording.

Your application doesn't have a place for phone extensions. Your account review person phoned, and hung up - then emailed saying there was no response when they called. Tried calling the number back - but hey, it's a generic Google Voice number.

Sorry, little stressed out as we're getting GAN termination notices and all roads seem to be leading to Impact Radius for many of our merchants (those being managed by AffiliateTraction). We have only weeks to get things switched over.

Now to get approved and figure out how to get individual merchant data feeds.

Rant over...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast