Exclamation
    I've been in affiliate marketing since 1996. I still don't know it all.

That aside, are you able to make a web site? Really, that and following the posts here are enough for many. Oh, and for starters buy a book on HTML markup.

Google is your friend. Search there for internet income university scam and then decide.

2. Thanks From:

Many of us have first-hand knowledge of lots of internet scams... and you've stumbled on the right place here!

Do not - I repeat - do not fork out $950 to promote someone else's "how to make money at affiliate marketing" program!! The only person making money is THAT guy..

Does this whole "affiliate marketing" thing sound like an easy business? Yup - a friend once told me it "sounds like easy money" when I told him what I did. Is it hard work? Yes, like any other business.

Owning a domain name costs $20/year, good hosting is $20/month. Those should be your only upfront startup costs. After that, you have to start learning some basics about creating a website - what software to use to build your website, creating original content & navigation, joining the affiliate networks (where you will find all the available stores to promote), adding affiliate links, understanding how google sees your site, etc etc.

Affiliate marketing is like being a remote salesperson - it costs nothing to join merchant programs (zero, zilch!), but you only earn money when your site sends them a visitor who buys something. The only cost to you (at this early stage) should be time...

Keeping the above in mind, start reading the Newbie forum: Newbie FAQs & Helpful Articles - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum as many of your questions will already have been asked and answered! Advice here is free, although you won't members sharing information on their sites - but programs like the one you mentioned give our industry a bad name.

I need a mentor for becoming time rich and for creating a healthy lifestyle.
    We all do, but you won't find it online from a complete stranger.

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There are no shortcuts in this business. Many of the people who promote themselves as huge internet marketing successes (holding the giant check with lots of numbers) and now are selling their "secret system" were perhaps successful once, several years ago. For most, the only check they got last month was from people still buying their system.

There is no magic forumla that turns the internet into an ATM.

Herb is right! Before you start buying those types of programs, spend a lot of time on ABW. Read posts, learn about the industry, ask questions. Then you'll be an educated consumer and know what questions to ask before you buy. There are indeed trainers that I think quite highly of, but you need a bit of a foundation before you decide what process works for you.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Those are good, practical tips. Some people surely think that you have to spend a whole bunch of money to get somewhere in affiliate marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGage View Post
    Those are good, practical tips. Some people surely think that you have to spend a whole bunch of money to get somewhere in affiliate marketing.
    Might one of those tips - to earning 5 or 6 figures a month with only 60 minutes a day effort - be attempting profile spam on forums?

ZERO COST Opportunity... Allows YOU To Make Up To $96 Cash Every Time You Give Away My CPA Coaching Program For FREE!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    Some additional tips:

1. Pick one method of marketing and begin to work that angle.
    2. Once it's running, go ahead and add an additional layer of marketing. This becomes part of your marketing matrix.
    3. Document what you do, what works and what doesn't work. You are refining your marketing system.
    4. Read the E-Myth by Michael Gerber if you haven't already done so - about systems in business.

9. Thanks From:

I can relate. Everyone thinks everything but a regular job is a "scam." Some think anything that costs money is a "scam." One free 90-day course I'm taking urges us to be consistent because it isn't get rich quick. He just says to give it 90 days to even see if you make any money, and he of course reminds us that all the claims of making thousands in a short time are of course fake.
    Last edited by CaptGage; May 26th, 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: needed to add more points

Everyone thinks everything but a regular job is a "scam."
    Very true.

You have to learn to enjoy the process of marketing, waking up everyday and doing the work.

Not constantly checking your conversions.

Jou got it, meng LOL! Especially since checking your conversions can be a drag early on when there aren't gonna be any conversions yet till you keep working it.

13. Thanks From:

If you're a salaried employee and starting out in any business for yourself, I think one of the biggest psychological challenges is that hard work doesn't automatically equal $$$. Newbies will ask for a specific time that they're "guaranteed" to have an income...that guarantee doesn't exist, online or off.

Flexibility, willingness to take a few steps back (or even leaps back) if you know you have a good thing, persistence...there are many attitude adjustments to having your own biz and being an entrepreneur. The road is paved with "gotchas."

As Winston Churchill said, "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

OK, temporary loss of enthusiasm is understandable.

You must have emotional resilience to roll with the punches, adapt, and my fave word: transmogrify.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    If you're a salaried employee and starting out in any business for yourself, I think one of the biggest psychological challenges is that hard work doesn't automatically equal $$$. Newbies will ask for a specific time that they're "guaranteed" to have an income...that guarantee doesn't exist, online or off.

Flexibility, willingness to take a few steps back (or even leaps back) if you know you have a good thing, persistence...there are many attitude adjustments to having your own biz and being an entrepreneur. The road is paved with "gotchas."

As Winston Churchill said, "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

You must have emotional resilience to roll with the punches, adapt, and my fave word: transmogrify.
    Yep. Cool Winston Churchill quote too.

Winston Churchhill was a wus... Capt... you need to learn the Chaka Zulu Method---
    "Never leave an enemy behind, or he will rise again to fly at your throat"

Affiliate Marketing is not for the timid or meek. You will get used up, drained, chewed and spit out.. maybe even for a small fee of $5,000 USD before the later happens. At least you get to get on a live call with that "inner circle" ( laughing loudly )
    :groovy:Woodstock was before my time, and I am forever angry I missed that concert.

18. Thanks From:

These are great tips! There is truly no replacement for diligence, patience, and consistent hard work.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post

In the age of instant gratification it's important for us to remember that if it's worth having, it will most likely take time to build. Get rich quick schemes never pan out, and I'd rather work hard to achieve something in affiliate marketing and know that my hard work was paying off, not some scheme. I think JoyUnltd has is right, persistance and flexibility are key.

Very good advice here. Great to see people helping people.

One of the hardest things to keep in mind is advertising expenses. As with any business you must advertise some how. There are thousands of ways to advertise, a lot of which are free requiring only your time. If you want faster returns, then you must consider paid advertising.

With paid advertising just keep in mind your true budget. It's easy to set a budget and go over it. Paid advertising can be addictive just like gambling. It's easy to think, "let me spend just another $100 and I will make double that back". Don't get caught in that trap.

Also keep in mind that most likely you will spend at least Triple up front than what you make back until you get your ads tweaked.

So i guess my point is this... Be careful using paid advertising, but remember you most likely will need paid ads to build your business.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozta com View Post
    Very good advice here. Great to see people helping people.

One of the hardest things to keep in mind is advertising expenses. As with any business you must advertise some how. There are thousands of ways to advertise, a lot of which are free requiring only your time. If you want faster returns, then you must consider paid advertising.

With paid advertising just keep in mind your true budget. It's easy to set a budget and go over it. Paid advertising can be addictive just like gambling. It's easy to think, "let me spend just another $100 and I will make double that back". Don't get caught in that trap.

Also keep in mind that most likely you will spend at least Triple up front than what you make back until you get your ads tweaked.

So i guess my point is this... Be careful using paid advertising, but remember you most likely will need paid ads to build your business.
    Hotza is right, you generally have to spend money to make money. Just be careful that the money you're investing in your business is spent wisely, on quality ads.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Someone said...

"Wisdom is knowing what to do."

"Skill is knowing how to do it."

"Virtue is doing it."

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick - Bitcom View Post
    Someone said...

"Wisdom is knowing what to do."

"Skill is knowing how to do it."

"Virtue is doing it."
    or not . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGage View Post
    Yes indeed they are, little or no money is required for some program or affiliates. For instance what I do presently is all about sharing referral link from a forex broker on different sites, and if anyone comes to them through the link and makes trade with them I get paid. This really doesn't involve money at all, just my time and and to have an account with them.

So one can still make money online without spending anything, ok' maybe you can spend some for internet connection or to get a bog or something'
    Last edited by leeann; July 11th, 2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Removed company name

26. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread