Thread: Free Prosperent API search script

Free Prosperent API search script
    Getting started with an API can be difficult, so I (not a programmer), put together a simple example api site that you can download and tear apart, or use as is. You can download the source code here: Free Search Script version 2

Here is what you get: running shoes - Product Search

This gives you a working example of how to pull back data from Prosperent, it also has facets so you can see how to filter results by things like brand and merchant. We pull back data from our trends api which is displayed as top sellers, and finally, some of our other endpoints like coupons and celebrities are included.

Now, why have the only non programmer in the office create this? Simple, if I can do it, anyone here can as well. Along the way I had our development team make changes that made pulling back data from trends and other endpoints easier. I hope this helps

2. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    Getting started with an API can be difficult, so I (not a programmer), put together a simple example api site that you can download and tear apart, or use as is. You can download the source code here: Free Search Script version 2

Here is what you get: running shoes - Product Search

This gives you a working example of how to pull back data from Prosperent, it also has facets so you can see how to filter results by things like brand and merchant. We pull back data from our trends api which is displayed as top sellers, and finally, some of our other endpoints like coupons and celebrities are included.

Now, why have the only non programmer in the office create this? Simple, if I can do it, anyone here can as well. Along the way I had our development team make changes that made pulling back data from trends and other endpoints easier. I hope this helps
    So how would I go about using this script "as is" on a WP site? I haven't even downloaded it yet, so I don't know what the script looks like. But I have at least one WP site and a php site that I might like to install and adapt it for.

Are there installation and setup instructions in the download?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

You would want to use our wordpress plugins in that case. It adds a fully featured search page to your site just like this, but it follows the theme of your blog and also adds several other features. You can view a demo here with links to the different features at the top: Prosperent Suite Demo - Just another WordPress site

YOu can download the latest version and see the install instructions here: WordPress › Prosperent Suite WordPress Plugins

I didn't address your second question about installing it on a php site. There are rough directions for installing the script. You basically just upload it to a /search directory, then edit some config related lines at the top of each file. It's pretty easy, but I can of course step you through any questions you may come up with.

Thanks. I'm checking it all out.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

7. Newsletter Signup