Unhappy Linkshare
    I came here wondering if anyone actually received any money from Linkshare? I've been an affiliate for many years and haven't earned 1 red (or any color) cent.

Did you click on your own links to make sure they are working and tracking correctly, or have you made any test purchase to check the merchant/s you are promoting?
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

I have clicked on my own links to make sure they are working and tracking correctly. I haven't made any purchases yet and probably won't. I do have other affiliate sites I make a little money at where I use my graphic design talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Did you click on your own links to make sure they are working and tracking correctly, or have you made any test purchase to check the merchant/s you are promoting?
    Where do I go to to add a signature?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Ahhhhhh, Yucca Valley, gateway to Twenty-Nine Palms! Must be well over 100º there today; its 96º here, 100 miles west of you.

There are lots of reasons why sales generally through LS merchants are lower than one would expect, though there are some that people do well with. But, the facts that parasite are part of the Linkshare family and that Rakuten-owned companies are sprinkled amongst the offerings of available merchants are always reasons to question accuracy in what gets reported.

Are your LS merchants the Walmarts that should draw at least some sales, or are they the RakutenShopping fka Buy.coms that I would guess report a small fraction of actual sales, or are they merchants like Barnes & Noble that don't seem to ever report a transaction, even if you KNOW there has been one (such as your own purchase)?

Unless there is a merchant you REALLY need to have on a site (I do have a couple), there are plenty of networks out there to promote, besides LS.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Where do I go to to add a signature?
    You have to earn it, try reading the forum rules.

We receive regular, albeit small, checks from Linkshare. But, for reasons the Dawg mentions, we only have a couple merchants there - and are not considering any more.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

We do fairly high volume with Linkshare (second only to cj). It really comes down to who you are promoting and what kind of traffic numbers you have, but then again, that goes for any merchant at any network.

9. Thanks From:

After years of paying all our insurances with our Amazon affiliate checks, our governor signed an "internet sales tax" bill into law, and we were kicked out of our affiliate positions.

So, the logical thing to do was to migrate our existing Amazon links to B&N, which is a buttpain and a half. I don't understand how Linkshare works.

That aside, when I came in here to see if I could find answers, I found this thread.

Doesn't look so good. Might I ask how other refugees from Amazon have dealt with the void? Particularly the books and music portion?

Happy New Years, I suppose.

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread