New Pinterest Minimum Image Size Requirement
    For merchants, AMs & affiliates:

Out of nowhere, I could no longer pin images from my site & wrote Pinterest. Didn't receive a response, so finally figured out that they have a new minimum image size requirement: 200px.

I easily increased the image size in PopShops, but noticed that some images still weren't showing. Realized some merchants are using a < 200px image size, even within the same feed. Merchants should take appropriate action if they want their products to be pinned.

To easily do this without destroying the integrity of the original image (which may be too small to be resized larger), just increase the white area around the image so at least width is 200 px (or slightly larger).
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

2. Thanks From:

Well that must be the problem I been having on a few sites!! Thanks!!!

Where did you find their new requirements I would like to see what else they say. Thanks again.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Where did you find their new requirements I would like to see what else they say. Thanks again.
    I didn't. And they didn't respond to my support query either. Searched all over and only saw info saying 80px was the minimum. All I was getting was the javascript message "We Couldn’t Find Any Images:No Usable Images Found" unless there was a large banner...that was the clue. I rarely display any large banners, so it took awhile to figure out.

My PopShops configuration had images at 150px, so I experimented. At 200px, images finally appeared when I clicked on the Pinterest browser bookmarklet or their social button on my site. I had to make changes in my layout to accommodate the larger images, but easy enough with CSS.

I couldn't find definitive info otherwise, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. I'm sharing what finally worked for me. Use or ignore it...personally, I don't care.

P.S. - the advice re: adding white "canvas" space around image comes from my experience as a designer. Properly sized images would be best, this is a quick fix.
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; May 5th, 2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: P.S.
    Renée

No I think your right and was not questing you but I find it hard to get details about anything on their site, But after reading your post I went back to my sites with their "Pin it" tool and it only showed images that were 200px width or larger.

This has bugged me for a few weeks now why some images pages showed images and some did not.

Thanks
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Yep, it's just about impossible to get details about Pinterest changes, etc. :-(

Note: Resizing images on your site by scaling the width/height in your html won't work unless the original image—whether from the merchant or a static image on your site—is at least 200px width.
    Renée

A little more info about the new Pinterest changes. Unfortunately, nothing about specific new image size, but hopefully, they won't increase 200px minimum size.
    Renée

8. Thanks From:
    kse

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread