CPA, where do I start?
    Hi everyone

So today I stumbled across Cost Per Action marketing.

Sadly I am very new to all internet marketing, so new I don't even know how to create a web page yet..

I am a little confused and I have no idea where I to begin CPA or how and what I need to know to create a website for CPA.

can anyone please point me toward the first step. Eg. any book/s I could read, sites to visit, etc. Anything that I can learn from

Thank you in advance

Jordan

Outsourced Program Manager
    It all depends on what your goals are and how you intend to drive traffic.

Personally, I used to push CPA offers with PPC with great success.

I think it's better to start off by identifying a hungry crowd, then look at how you can get in front of that crowd, then look at how you want to monetize that exposure, whether is be CPA or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Wow thanks chuck (slaps forehead) why didn't I think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    It all depends on what your goals are and how you intend to drive traffic.

Personally, I used to push CPA offers with PPC with great success.

I think it's better to start off by identifying a hungry crowd, then look at how you can get in front of that crowd, then look at how you want to monetize that exposure, whether is be CPA or anything else.
    You say use to! if it was successful why did you change, what did you change to?

I really have no Idea on how all this works yet, I only started looking in to it a little over a week ago!

I guess what I am after is kind of a bullet point step process
    e.g :

*niche market research
    *find keywords
    *create domain
    etc. you get my point

I'm not asking for any ones secretes just a clue on how I start or some helpful books I can read.
    I just don't want to waist time on reading pointless rubbish when I could be reading something I need to be reading or taking action on my next step

Thank you Mdavis for your reply I will write it down in my notes

Kind Regards
    Jordan

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Jordan, there were several reasons contributing to me stopping. But at the peak of my success I was using PPC and I had a clear cut winner... I would put $1 into traffic and I'd get $2 in commission, day in and day out; so my goal was to spend as much money on traffic as possible at that point (thousands of $ per day).

Then there were a bunch of shakeups with the FTC and the whole CPA industry got messed up. I'm not going to directly accuse any networks of ripping us off, but all of a sudden, this proven campaign stopped pumping out sales. Literally, overnight, my conversion rate dropped to where I was lucky to break even. I don't know what caused it, but everything on my end (traffic, lander, etc) was still the same.

So, that's the big reason I got out.

As for your step by step, I don't really have a good direction to point you in. I personally like this post http://www.abestweb.com/forums/newbi...ay-124926.html b/c it is pretty much exactly how I got started WAY back in the day.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread