ABW Ambassador
    Ok, I asked this question awhile back, and have searched for the thread to no avail.

From what I remember, some were claiming that the 1x1 pixel image provided with CJ text links are not a necessary part in sales tracking, only that you might want to ask a merchant for permission to remove it, if you so desired.

Recently I came across a Google cached page from CJ.com. It is a Advertiser (Merchant's) agreement which I am going to quote from.

quote:
    3.3 Ad Serving; Tracking Code Maintenance. In order for CJ to record the tracking of Visitors' Transactions resulting from clicks on Links to Your Web site and/or Web site content, two types of CJ code must be included in and maintained within the Links: "Impression Tracking Code" and "Transaction Tracking Code". Your Links and all advertisements ("Ad Content") contained in Your Links must be in a Network Service compatible format, as such format may be established by CJ from time to time.

I'm thinking that "impression tracking code" pertains to the 1x1 pixel images, and that CJ is saying they are neccessary for tracking transactions ???

Another part of the agreement further stressed that an Advertiser (Merchant) could be cancelled from CJ for failing to maintain the "impression tracking code" in their links.

Now I'm really seeing how important those little 1x1 pixel images are!

Important enough that, to exclude them will result in messing with visitor transactions, and that exclusion on the Merchant's part gets him/her kicked off of CJ!

This is confusing because I know there are affiliates that exclude the "impression tracking code".

Why is CJ saying that it's so neccessary if it's not?

hello...

I just asked that question to CJ 2 days ago, oddly enough. The CJ answer was that it was okay to shorten the URL so that the pixel isn't included, but that it would prevent some of the tracking from working correctly - impressions and some of the deeper reporting. But she did not say that I would be kicked off of CJ if I let my publishers do that...??

hope that helped a little..
    -patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268

Kelly626,

The impression tracking pixel is NOT necessary for tracking sales. The only thing that does is track impressions. As long as your link goes through qksrv.net your sales will be tracked.

I have an idea. I'm going to creat a CJ tracking FAQ thread and stick it to the top of this forum. I will explain all aspects of the CJ tracking system. Give me a few hours and I'll have something up.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ RECURRING COMMISSIONS FOR 1 YEAR ~ ABW MEMBERS CONVERT AT LESS THAN 1/30 ~ DEDICATED AM WHO'LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING ~ TONS OF CASH WAITING TO BE TAKEN! ~ PARASITE FREE ~ PRIVATE FORUM AT ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Akiva!

quote:
    but that it would prevent some of the tracking from working correctly - impressions and some of the deeper reporting.

That "deeper reporting" has me.

You've got to admit that the agreement seems to be saying that visitor transactions are affected.

That "visitor transactions" part is really eating at me.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread