ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Intuit - QuickBooks Canada & OPM Pros Appalling Treatment for Lazy Management
    Intuit - QuickBooks Canada & OPM Pros Appalling Treatment for Lazy Management

I'm writing this below for no reason than to stick up for my rights and let other know how affiliates are been treated like crap.....

I have had an appalling time as an affiliate over a matter I first wrote about on this thread http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...ts-164712.html

All the details are there so I won't write all of that again but I ask you please read my first post on that thread to understand the situation. Basically someone or something clicked my link on my website in February and about 90 orders were placed for some software from Intuit - QuickBooks Canada. I looked at my stats but was not able to find any details. I was asked about these sales etc. I have basically been accused for this even though they won't say it directly. Why the **** would anyone want to click 90 times in a few minutes on their own website to make fraudulent sales is beyond me and I have certainly never done anything like this in the 17 odd years I have been an affiliate. I think you will find any affiliate manager who I have dealt with over the years can testify that I have never do anything like that.

Anyway I communicated to CJ about this and after they were satisfied I had not done anything wrong I asked them if they could pursue the merchant and find out what actually happened to the order and if there was actually any details on their end. I was also concerned why these sales were revered and I was not given a reason other than "the merchants contacted CJ to say they had noted a spike in clicks". Anyway I wrote 3 letters over several months to Intuit - QuickBooks Canada affiliate contacts on the CJ program interface and each time my email was totally ignored.

I asked CJ to contact them and CJ also told me they did not reply to them. So eventually CJ closed the case but I was not satisfied that I was put under scrutiny and made to defend myself while the affiliate manager were not required to give us any details or even communicate. So CJ told me I can contact them and find out anymore details so I did that a few days ago. I decided to first look at the Intuit - QuickBooks Canada website and find some email contacts. I sent an email to them to tell them as below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 15th of February 2013 there was a number of orders initiated from my links on my website (mywebsite) using Commission Junction affiliate links. The total commission for those sale was $9xx.xx. Apparently the affiliate manager for Intuit - QuickBooks Canada contacted Commission Junction some time ago to say that they thought it was unusual that there was a spike in clicks. So Commission Junction contacted me to ask if I have any more details which I didn't since all the visitor does on my site is find the product link and go through to the QuickBooks Canada website and fill all their details in there when they order. I also wrote to the QuickBooks Canada affiliate manager several times and so did Commission Junction but we got not reply or was any more details provided about this sale.

Anyway, the commissions were reversed by the QuickBooks Canada affiliate manager but they did not bother to communicate to me or give any reason. This is just not acceptable I'm afraid. I have been in affiliate marketing for over 17 years and I do not accept this and will stand up for my rights in this industry. So I therefore request you give complete details on why you have not paid me for these sales and if there is no reason to have not reversed these sales then I request you pay me the commissions for the sales I sent you of $9xx.xx. We work on a basis of honesty and trust in this business and QuickBooks Canada is not doing a very good job so far of doing any of that.

I ask that one of your senior staff or directors contact me here.. .....

Anyway I did get a reply back but not from QuickBooks Canada but from an outfit named OPM Pro or OPMpros.com.

So they reply back to me and question me over why there was fraudulent clicks and said they had forward this issue to their client and were still seeking details etc. After he questions my ethics he then goes on to say " They didn’t find any records of your contacting them either – what email were you using to get in touch them?"

By now I was getting quite annoyed and let him know what I thought in my next email and as he asked I gave full details of all the emails I had sent prior as below:

I sent an email on the 12th of April with the title "Reason for Reversals " through the CJ Mail interface on their website. I also sent an email with the title "CJ Account Issue with Intuit - QuickBooks Canada" to the email contacts listed on the CJ merchant page "intuit-canada@OPMpros.com" & "laura_mackenzie-callow@intuit.com" on the 19th of march.

All these emails were unanswered so you can see that I was trying to communicate over this and find out what was going on.......
    Well guess what, in his next reply he didn't even bother to acknowledge me giving him all the dates, the titles and the emails details I had given him besides just saying thanks. No nothing to say we are sorry that we did not reply or anything like that. this is what he had to say instead and was quite a shock for me to read how arrogant this outfit and the affiliate managers at OPM Pro are:

Oftentimes we find that affiliates have traffic data and can usually help us look into such situations. For example in this case, after digging through, we’ve found that all the unqualified leads that came through your affiliate account were all placed from the same IP in a span of less than 2 minutes.

This is why the CJ Network Quality team is investigating the account.

You may take this as confirmation that those leads/sales were indeed not qualified and not tied to any valid order, and as such, they had to be reversed.

By the same token, we were asked to remove you from the program until the Network Quality team sorts this out on their end.
    You will be able to reapply in the future.
    So in his email he totally ignores the fact about them not doing their job and answering my emails or sorting this matter out months ago. Now he also decides to get CJ to investigate my account again along with deactivating me from his program. All this just because I ask for more details on this reversed sale and for why they had not done their job communicating to me. So now I contact him and finally get in touch with them 3 months after the sale and then he decides he will drop me and also get CJ to think I'm committing fraud by having them reopen this issue with them and have me investigated.

So my reply was as below and this was early hours of the morning as I was fuming by now and could not sleep:

So let me get this straight, .. I contact you regarding what happened to my commissions on what was a closed case at CJ. Now that I contact you not only do you get CJ to investigate my account again but to also drop me from this program. I'm sorry but this is just rubbish and I'm going to take this online to affiliate forums tomorrow...

I'm a strong advocate for affiliate's rights and have been in the industry for over 17 years and an affiliate with CJ for over 8 years, I don't accept been treated like this especially when my job was to send you sales and help your company make revenue. Now I'm treated like a criminal.

You will be hearing more soon,.
    Anyway he said in his next email that "I can reapply for the program once I have been cleared of not been responsible or something and I had nothing to worry about as I had not made any sales since". I don't think he get's it, that I don't care about their program but why should I be deactivated when I have done absolutely nothing wrong, this is just downright bullshitl ....

What an arrogant prick is all I can say I if this is the way OPM Pro do their business then it speaks a lot about that outfit.

Anyway I looked up this guy and he has been in his job for 1 year and he already is able to push affiliate around like me who have been in the business for many years. It just goes to show how one sided this industry is. I want to expose dodgy outfits like this and bring them to attention and make then realize we are not just disposable products as they seem to think we are.
    I'm tired of how affiliates are treated and I will not stand for this crap.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 8th, 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    My apologies that this post was probably difficult to understand as I wrote it when I was pretty upset with how I was treated and I missed a lot of details and info that makes it difficult for anyone to understand how I have been treated. Anyway moderators can delete this thread as I doubt anyone cares about this and I should just shut up and be a good boy like most other affiliates and not speak up about such things.....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I don't think it should be deleted at all! This is where we share the good & bad experiences..

Personally don't have any experience with Quickbooks - and while I don't think you're looking for specific advice, I would call CJs toll-free number and speak with someone in person. Sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's doing.

Honestly, it's such a such a tough industry right now (and not getting any easier), sometimes I wonder why I'm still an affiliate.

I share your frustration... can't we just get a break?

5. Thanks From:

... and for what it's worth, this thread is already on page 1 for Intuit & OPM Pros

Independent reviews can be a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    My apologies that this post was probably difficult to understand as I wrote it when I was pretty upset with how I was treated and I missed a lot of details and info that makes it difficult for anyone to understand how I have been treated. Anyway moderators can delete this thread as I doubt anyone cares about this and I should just shut up and be a good boy like most other affiliates and not speak up about such things.....
    Your post has received 130+ views, so folks are checking it out. Many of us have experienced the same treatment in one way or another, it just may be battle weariness, not lack of caring, that people aren't responding.

OPMPros lists lots of coupon, charity, incentive publisher testimonials...so it shouldn't be any surprise that their most focused attention is for them.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for the feedback and it helps to talk to others about this that know what we go through each day. I have to agree that I also wonder why I'm still an affiliate but the positives can be good but it tales a lot to always be doing well where everything is going fine. I can honestly say that if anyone asked me if they should start in the affiliate business I would say they would have to me really crazy and should stick to a proper job or another business. I can say though on the positive side I can see even more opportunities ahead than I have ever but it take s a lot to get to this stage. There is no way I would go through this again if I had a choice though.

I'm about to travel back and live on some tropical islands In just over a week and I'm looking forward to the break and to be with my fiancée but there won't be much laying back in hammocks, just working and dealing with these everyday issues like this as usual and working hard .....

Venting be a good thang!

Plan to enjoy your time on a tropical island with your fiancée, otherwise, what's the point?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Venting be a good thang!

Plan to enjoy your time on a tropical island with your fiancée, otherwise, what's the point?
    thanks yeah I do look forward to my trip.

The point is that affiliates are getting treated like crap and we need to stand up to people that think we can be treated like disposable items.

Some points are:

# Lazy program management from OPM Pros
    # Never Answered My or CJ's emails for over 3 months
    # When I finally was able to get in touch with them after I tracked them down they decide to basically put the blame on me, don't apologize for their useless program management or answering emails and then to top it off they dump me from the program and basically put all the blame on me for their useless tracking or checkout system.
    # They never bothered to make contact with me but instead got CJ to investigate me.
    # It shows that CJ are only ever interested in looking after the advertiser and the affiliate management and have no interest in affiliates as they were not worried when OP Pros did not reply to their emails and dismissed it and told me I can contact them, lazy network management.
    # One important point is that they should have a better checkout system where someone can't order 90 items in a few minutes and then blame the affiliate for their useless checkout system
    # But last but not least is this shows a prime example of how not to run an affiliate program, it shows lazy management, it shows inexperience, it shows they are not fit to be managing programs.

Because affiliates are usually too scared and bullied by the networks and merchants they never speak up about such things and that is why we get treated like this.

ABW Ambassador
    And one very important issue that this highlights here is that any affiliate can cause problems for their competitors by going to their website and clicking multiple times on a lead offer. The website owner and affiliate will be blamed and will be dumped from the program not to mention all the other issues and questions they will have to answer by the network and AM, how easy is that to take out your competitors !

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread