Unhappy want to build a coupon/deal website
    Hello,

I have been in affiliate marketing for years. Now I want to want to build a coupon/deal website. Then promote it.

The problem is that I am lack of coding/design skills, although I think I can get traffic well with media buy, adwords, ppv, mobile ads, etc.

How can I do? What coupon data should I use?

Also, anyone here can build the website for me, including the design?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'd have to ask why, there are thousands of coupon and deal sites around now a days, 95% of them are variants of various off the shelf software packages or packaged sites, and the vast majority make no sales and get no traffic because the niche is so crowded, and dominated by the big coupon/deal sites. if you don't have the coding skills yourself I would recommend saving your money and not getting into this, far better, I believe, to have a focused site that features coupons relevant to your content.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I can confirm the above as well. We work with over 8,000 affiliates, and not only is the coupon area crowded, it is also largely a recipe for failure. If you want to compete in the coupon or cash back space you need a massive marketing budget or a fresh new idea that no one else has come up with yet (easier said than done).

What you, as a new affiliate would be better off doing is creating a good content site that offers value to your visitors. Write about a topic or a few topics that you are knowledgeable and passionate about. Focus on building a long term business instead of a fly by night thin affiliate site. The writing is on the wall for those guys

4. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I would say a combination of content for a narrow niche then offer coupons for those merchants.

6. Thanks From:

Definitely find a nice niche you are comfortable with. And then own it!

Thank you for all of these kind suggestion.

I will have a try even though I should fail.

And will tell you the results here.

Well, if you are looking for a coupon or product api to help reduce the amount of work you have to do, check out Prosperent.com. We have a coupon api, product api's, and csv downloads. When you join, you have access to thousands of great merchants. We can also work with your developer to make sure they have the data they need to help you build your site.

Best of luck!

Late to the thread but there are a few coupon feed service, which i think will send you a file of verified coupons that can automatically populate your site with your approved merchants, check out this link : 7 Affiliate Coupon Feed Solutions to Automate Integration

good luck, couponing is hard niche to crack as told above.

-Chris

Affiliate
    I'm very late to this, but I want to chime in as well. I think you might be trying to squeeze water from a stone.

I would work backwards- to have any luck long-term,you need to be providing value either to an advertiser or to consumers. If you're using cookie-cutter content, you're not providing anything to consumers, so you're essentially in an arbitrage game (in a very crowded space), and you have no "moat". Building a community, starting a loyalty program, etc. could all help make your site more sticky, but in both cases you're talking about a ridiculous amount of work and resources to get things off of the ground.

I think that the others here are right- I would figure out a niche and then build content off of that. It's even possible that the deals themselves could be part of the content (maybe you write on Canon vs. Nikon cameras and the relative value w/ recent deals).

Either way, I'm curious to see how this is going for you.

12. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread