Just saw that Topica has started a program at CJ.

I am going to be trying them out, their product is great (email list management) and every time I have dealy with their staff they have been really proactive and helpful.

Regards,

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

ABW Ambassador
    List management? I've always known them as spammers~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

ABW Ambassador
    I am marking this day.

Someone not being paid to say it, had something positive to say about topica. Unless of course you were paid.

Topica runs a system designed to allow their customers to spam. It took them 2 years to impliment a real remove list, and I still would not trust it.

Over the course of a 2 month period, we processed 100s of 1,000s of pieces of spam from these scumbags before I gave up trying to work with them - lies,lies,lies. They caused us to start our list blocking procedure after one warning. We block Topica at the ip level for our 75,000 users - and we always will. And i am hardly alone.

When you pay for a Topica mailing, do they tell you how many pieces never get near delivered because they are blocked at the ip? Do they give you the ip address so you can see it listed on every single spam list?

If you do a mailing with them - i dare you to show the header. I would rather work with gator than Topica.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I think Topica has some serious money problems caused by their spamming routines. I'd have to go check F'dcompany.com who blasted them for all forms of spamming. Unfortunately due to 45% of all e-mails are unsolicated advertisements those running any e-mail campaigns that aren't double Opt-In are often labeled as spammers. Another industry that needs to police itself with stringent rules or there advertisers back off ruining their brand by being labels as spammers.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Didn't know Topica had that reputation. I appreciate the feedback (I get over 300 bits of spam on an average day to my home email address, all gets deleted after a quick scan of subject lines and sender for anything that inadvertantly got filtered into my spam folder)

I saw their presentation at the Amazon associate conference and then talked to them afterwards.

My impression was that their pay-for product was very useful if you wanted a double opt-in solution for operating your own mailing list and that if your list was double opted-in they were working with all major ISPs to ensure your emails pass through the apma blocks (due to verified double opt-in.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

ABW Ambassador
    Try Constant Contact at Roving.com

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

ABW Ambassador
    I've been using Topica's professional version for almost a year to manage my newsletter. I have been pleased with their service and would cheerfully recommend it to anyone.

I suspect that most of the problems described above are from people using (abusing?) the free version.

ABW Ambassador
    I am using Topica for 3 months after moving from bCentral (which was costly compared to Topica). About 10% of our emails bounce everytime. Part of it is hard bounce. These addresses are marked as disabled. For soft bounces they retry a couple of times more before disabling them. I run a report and find out disabled addresses. I am planning to send emails to these address from my own server and see whether they bounce or not.

Other than that, I am quite happy with their service. They respond to my emails pretty quickly and not down like bCentral every other week.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread