...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Spectrum Brands "Pauses" programs...
    They say pause, but they sent out termination notices today...

Quote Originally Posted by gen3marketing
    Dear Spectrum Brands Affiliates,

Effective immediately, the Spectrum Brands is announcing a temporary pause of its CJ affiliate program. All publisher offers in CJ have been expired as of today and this will go into effect as of Friday 5/17. Please remove all offers and links from your program as soon as possible.

We want to emphasize that we appreciate all of your hard work and help in promoting our brands over the past several months. We very much value our affiliate relationships and also want to stress that we plan to resume affiliate marketing efforts in the near future. We look forward to resuming all program activity and will be in touch with more details when program activity resumes.

Thanks!

The Spectrum Brands Affiliate Management Team.
    That covers:

Black&Decker
    Russell Hobbs
    George Foreman
    Farberware
    Juiceman
    Breadman
    Dingo
    Rayovac
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Years ago, most of those brands were owned by Salton, and they were in a program on Linkshare. Though the program was run very poorly, it was a good site with great, popular products, that sold really well. Salton went bust, the brands all pretty much disappeared from any affiliate program for quite awhile, but eventually popped up under this Spectrum name. I looked long and hard at it, but their site was abysmal, and they offered very few products, so I passed. Not surprised at all that the program died. Those products, however, can be a goldmine if handled properly. Russell Hobbs is a biggie in England and Europe but impossible to find in the US, and Farberware, Black & Decker, GF, Juiceman and Breadman small kitchen appliances have all been immensely popular with consumers. I really hope they can be resurrected into a decent site and a good program. Other Salton brands that also disappeared include Toastmaster and Salton itself.

Farberware cookware is available under some merchant programs, but that is a separate company from Farberware appliances. Some of these name brand appliances can be found on and promoted through Amazon, so anyone looking to replace Spectrum can find some of them there.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Russell Hobbs, Inc. owns them all - why they were being marketed under Spectrum Brands - I have no idea.

Russell Hobbs » Brands

There is also a Toastmaster Commercial (restaurant equipment line I'm very familiar with acquired by Middleby). However, I don't know if the residential and commercial lines were ever the same company...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Russell Hobbs, Inc. owns them all - why they were being marketed under Spectrum Brands - I have no idea.
    Bing is my friend...

2010 Spectrum Brands merges with Russell Hobbs adding their well-respected family of small appliance brands, including such notable names as Black & Decker, George Foreman, Littermaid and Toastmaster.
    Spectrum Brands | History

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Wikipedia is mine:

Salton bought out Pifco Group about a dozen years ago. Pifco owned various brands, including Russell Hobbs. Salton already owed the small appliance part of Westinghouse and Toastmaster, among others.

In 2007, Salton merged with the company that owned Black & Decker small appliances, and in in 2009, the company changed its name to Russell Hobbs. Spectrum bought out the company in 2010. Black & Decker power tools is a totally separate company, as is the Toastmaster commercial appliance company.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

6. Thanks From:

They kept bugging me and bugging me to add their links to my site. I finally went in about a month ago and checked them out. I was shocked to find that over half of the products were listed as not available at all or available only at Walmart stores!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread