Thinkgeek application rejected.. Do they not accept international affiliates ?
    Hello,

A little background on what I am trying to achieve here. I am working on building a tech resource site where I will be covering news, product reviews, product comparison, price comparison, coupons, daily deals and a geek store.

For geek store I applied to thinkgeek.com but it was rejected instantly like on autopilot or something which led me to believe that they dont accept international affiliates.

Since I am building a resource authority tech site where I am to cover each and every aspect of the tech world, it is important that I am part of this program.

Can anyone help me with the application process ?

To mods: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

Thanks for the time and consideration. Really appreciated.

Thanks
    Neol.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 14th, 2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: newbies can not link out

Prosperent works with them. They likely don't accept international affiliates. It looks like you are building out a great content site though. We would definitely be able to help you monetize it with our Performance Ads, and/or our api. We have all of the top merchants in that space like Thinkgeek, Tiger Direct, newegg, etc.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Moved to Newbie FAQs & Helpful Articles. Also don't link out as a newbie until you establish a reputation because it is treated as SPAM. You got a warning instead of a ban. You can however list your site in the Review forum and link to it there.

Many programs especially CJ programs have auto filters to bounce new sites and no traffic sites. Try contacting the affiliate manager for a second consideration. Note, you are not an authority site until you are an authority site. Saying you are building one is trite at best but until you gain the rankings it wishful thinking. Instead talk about what you are doing to get there. ABW is an authority site with over 1M indexed pages and gets crawled 300+ time a day from G looking for new and updated content.

Sorry Chuck.. was in a hurry and thought sig will save me the trouble of linking again and again to my site while I am asking all the questions in the world Will go through the faqs and forum rules.

@prosperent:

Offer price comparison across various eCommerce sites ?
    Offer coupons / daily deals
    International affiliates ? Anyone can join and display prosperent ads of merchants who don’t allow International / Indian affiliates ? Like thinkgeek and others ?
    Offers geo-targeting like for all the amazon sites ?
    Search by product, brand, price (low / high) and other parameters - on site for visitors ? If a visitor wants to search for a samsung hdtv and sony hdtv only and so on.
    Insert a product box within review blog posts ?
    Also create a separate store page with all the products brand wise, category wise, etc..
    What about seo and indexing ? How does it shows in the source code ? Is it indexable ?
    The search page creates the page dynamically ? if so how does it impacts the site from seo point of view ?
    mobile optimized and works with responsive theme ?
    track affiliate commissions through mobile ?
    Pricing ?

Few example sites to show what I am trying to achieve here.
    The store would be quite similar to gdgt.com
    The geek store would be similar to coolest-gadgets.com and thisiswhyiambroke.com
    The review section would contain unique content and review at the end of which users get a price comparison chart for the product in question.
    Coupons and daily deals.

Few example sites would be great as blog.prosperent.net as shown in the video is down at the moment. Thanks for responding here so quickly.

Thanks
    Neol.
    Last edited by neol; May 14th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Offer price comparison across various eCommerce sites ?

When you join, you have access to almost 3,000 merchants and their products. You can run price comparisons among other things, yes.

Offer coupons / daily deals

Yes, we have a coupon api as well as a local deals api.

International affiliates ? Anyone can join and display prosperent ads of merchants who donít allow International / Indian affiliates ? Like thinkgeek and others ?

Yes, we look at the quality of the site, not where you personally are located. If you have a good quality content site (you do), then you are the type of affiliate we are looking for.

Offers geo-targeting like for all the amazon sites ?

We have a US api, UK, and Canada api. You can geo target and send traffic to those countries currently (with more on the way).

Search by product, brand, price (low / high) and other parameters - on site for visitors ? If a visitor wants to search for a samsung hdtv and sony hdtv only and so on.

Yes, easily. Our api documentation gives you a list of filters for each endpoint, but price, brand, merchant, product, all part of it. Here is an example site completely powered by our api: Shoes - Coupons & Prices at FindBuy.co

Insert a product box within review blog posts ?

Yes, we have a wordpress plugin that handles this.

Also create a separate store page with all the products brand wise, category wise, etc..

Yes, that's also part of our wordpress plugin, an example of that can be seen here: Products

What about seo and indexing ? How does it shows in the source code ? Is it indexable ?

Shows as content on your site. We send over a json response via our api, this is then displayed on your site as html directly in your source code. Check either of the sites I posted above.

The search page creates the page dynamically ?

It's all dynamic. You send us a query, we send you back the data. We handle over 2 billion api requests per month.

Pricing ?

Free to join and use. We work on a revenue split. We take 30 percent of each commission made through our system and send 70 percent over to you. Since we are so large (over 8,000 sub affiliates work with us), we are able to work withthe large brands and negotiate higher commission rates. Nordstrom for example only gives affiliates 2% of a sale with a 12 hour cookie. We get a 7 day cookie and 10-25% commission rate.

Here is a demo for our wordpress plugin that shows a few of the features and such: Prosperent Suite Demo - Just another WordPress site

thanks for responding to such a long post. I saw your site - findbuy.co

that site is built using which platform ? Can a similar or even better site is possible using the wordpress platform using the plugin suite ? If not then using a sub-domain would be a better idea. That should give me more control over the api and css making it look and perform better.

That's actually one of our publishers sites, not ours. I believe it is all written in php. It uses our product search api for everything, and pulls some data from trends, and coupons as well I believe. The second example I provided shows you what is included with the wordpress plugin. The API will definitely be more flexible. If you have programming experience, I would definitely suggest going that route for ultimate control and customization. The wordpress plugin is just an easy way to integrate some of our features into your site with no programming required.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hey Neol, we have some merchants at Affiliate Window that may be quite appropriate for your site. Would you like to chat about them?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread