ABW Ambassador
    Improve your SEO Ranking through Google's Arrogance
    I've wasted hours trying to verify and process link removal requests. So, I thought I should publish to the world a sure-fire way to improve your rankings in the Search Engines.

The trick is simple. Test the keywords that you want to dominate on Google. Write down all of the sites the appear higher than your site on the keywords.

Use one of the many SEO tools that lets you see backlinks.

Go to a public terminal at the library and send a bunch of spam with a spoofed email addresses requesting that the webmaster remove the links that go to your competitor from their site.

Many websites will comply. This will reduce the page rank of your competitor. Your site will go up in the page rankings as a result.

I admit. This is not my idea. I am stealing the idea from the people who send me spam asking that I remove links to their competitors.

I have to admit, it is a great idea. I lack the native cunning to think these things up on my own.

If you really love the idea, you should send a link to this forum post to Eric Schmidt at Google and tell him (in colorful language of your choosing) where Google can shove their disavow policy.

2. Thanks From:

Sorry been around here for years but never noticed the name "yintercept" before and with 1077 post I should recognize the name with that many post should I not??? Have I been a sleep all of these years???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    I used to post in the first years of ABW. People started being so mean that I stopped posting.

BTW: I have the fault of writing in a quirky way. For example, I wanted to warn people that some disavow requests are spoofed, but I thought it would be more provocative to write a post that praised the spoofing disavow requests as a clever SEO strategy.

5. Thanks From:

I should recognize the name with that many posts
    Me too! Apparently I've been asleep as well

The thread title certainly caught my attention.. the scary thing is that your suggestion would probably work..
    People started being so mean that I stopped posting.
    Ach.. sorry to hear. Hopefully you will stick around again!

Quote Originally Posted by yintercept View Post
    I used to post in the first years of ABW. People started being so mean that I stopped posting.........

Welcome back!!! Their is no guarantee that people will not be mean but you should not stop you from posting here. I also know some great affiliate who have stopped posting at ABW for the very same reason to bad really!! Hope they start posting again as well some day.

Kevin....
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I think the haters went out of business and are now hating on Facebook! Let me know if anyone is hateful to you and I will punch them in the nose.

9. Thanks From:

People who are mean to me on the Internet or on forums give me added incentive to keep on posting

If I hate them/they hate me, why bow down & acquiesce?
    I double up on what eats away at them.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I will punch them in the nose.

I've been looking for that tool for a long time Chuck. Where did you get it?
    There's a lot of AM's that I'd like to use that on for not answering their emails.
    Sorry OT....
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yintercept View Post

Go to a public terminal at the library and send a bunch of spam with a spoofed email addresses requesting that the webmaster remove the links that go to your competitor from their site.

Many websites will comply. This will reduce the page rank of your competitor. Your site will go up in the page rankings as a result.
    I understand that public terminals at the library are now required to take a photo of user and record all messages.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I remember you yintercept or at least know I have seen some of your posts.

Am really sorry you stopped posting cos somebody was mean to you. Do realize over the years there has been some of that here. (well, umm more of just some at times) Somebody once really hurt my feelings and I stopped posting for a while and didn't even intend to come back at the time so understand your feeling that way. (was said to me in a pm) Hope your posting now means you'll be around more

At times if someone's mean I'll just annoy them by killing them with niceness

Hmmm, not heard of "Chuck Will Punch Them In The Nose Tool" lol have to check that out lol

ABW Ambassador
    can we all join together and have a backlink removal day for retailmenot. If that worked I would be amazed!

I have always thought it is one of the stupidest things how Google rank on backlinks and it's really something I just hate doing so I find other way to get customers as if's got to be the most boring way to spend ones time to find links and article writing is not my thing. I also don't like hiring people when it comes to my affiliate sites as they can steal your ideas.

This just proves how shallow Google's system really is and how vulnerable it is and yes I have heard of this before.

There are many leaks and vulnerabilities in this business, competitors can take you out anytime if they want but overall I think most people just get on with their thing and be positive instead of going for the negative. As I have posted a few months ago, someone clicked a lead offer on my website over 90 times in a couple of minutes and triggered nearly $1,000 in commissions and I got my account put under investigation by the network so yeah there are some big problems like this as anyone could go to their competitors website and do this...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    I understand that public terminals at the library are now required to take a photo of user and record all messages.
    I believe it's still ok to wear costumes in libraries. At least that seems to be the case around my way.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFan View Post
    I believe it's still ok to wear costumes in libraries. At least that seems to be the case around my way.
    How I roll...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

18. Thanks From:

Tax Paying Member
    Iz zhat you Myrtle???? You look encrypted.....
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

20. Thanks From:

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread