Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Commission Junction is a sinking ship
    They have lost all focus of making money. They remove tools are reports affiliates and advertisers need in order to properly monetize their site.

They keep implementing these changes and replacing them with graphs nobody needs.

The only possible reason to do this is perhaps they are trying to be bought out by another company by making their site look "pretty."

I hope no more GAN merchants go to CJ, and I will be emailing the ones that have not moved yet this thread to warn them to stay away.

Month to month more features are being removed.

I hate the changes at CJ but they are still way better then most other networks. Out of the orgional Big 3 Networks they are the only one now worth working with. Affiliate will say that some of the smaller network have better reporting and they may have but the keyword here is that they are a "small" network.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

3. Thanks From:

The question is will you still feel that way a couple months from now. Over that past year they kept taking away tools that I always use, but I still preferred them. At this rate the things you love about them may not be around in several months.

5. Thanks From:

I know where you are coming from but their changes are not effecting my income from their network, yes it is a big pain in the A$$ but it does not effect my income.

Just to add, I can not spend time worrying about what may happen in the coming month with them or any other network for that matter.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

7. Thanks From:

Can you list out the exact issues you are having? I'll shoot this thread over to my rep there and see if he can get it in front of the right people at cj. I'm sure they will want to hear about the exact issues you are having though.

ABW Ambassador
    Your income doesn't get affected by the recent change in reporting. That's correct. But what scares me the most about CJ is they don't give any importance to affiliate feedback. Many of us, including myself, complained when they rolled out the change. They even have a big-green feedback button now. Does anyone read and respond to the feedbacks. They are too big to listen.

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    Can you list out the exact issues you are having? I'll shoot this thread over to my rep there and see if he can get it in front of the right people at cj. I'm sure they will want to hear about the exact issues you are having though.
    That it's unusable. Takes 3 extra clicks for a report that used take one click. Plus they took away features they had before.

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    The only possible reason to do this is perhaps they are trying to be bought out by another company by making their site look "pretty."
    You may have something there!

My main issue of the recent changes is the removal of the Deactivated Advertisers Report. I require that.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park View Post
    That it's unusable. Takes 3 extra clicks for a report that used take one click. Plus they took away features they had before.
    So because it takes 3 clicks to get a report you would tell merchants to stay away from CJ?? Do you really think Merchants care about what good for affiliates?? They only care about themselfs.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Chuck summed it up pretty well. Why he was talking about the way affiliates are viewed here on ABW, I feel that they are viewed the same way by the networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Can't tell you how many times I have spoken to the offending party who demands to know who this anonymous affiliate is on ABW that they have to answer to.
    That's the general view of affiliates by merchants and networks. Yes, there are exceptions - but those are few and far between...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Do you really think Merchants care about what good for affiliates??
    No, I don't.

18. Thanks From:

I now have to do manual reporting by editing CSV file on MS Excel because of missing tools on CJ. I hope you are right, someone buys CJ and do things the right way.
    I think CJ only have graphic designers left in their development team. They should actually remove reports completely and hold designing contests on the space they would have saved from the useless tools and data.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I hope you are right, someone buys CJ and do things the right way.
    Hasn't happened in the past and not likely to happen in the future. Is Linkshare better or worse after it was bought by Rakuten? Was Performics better or worse after it was bought by Google? If CJ is bought out, it will more than likely become significantly worse for affiliates in every conceivable respect.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

21. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Hasn't happened in the past and not likely to happen in the future. Is Linkshare better or worse after it was bought by Rakuten? Was Performics better or worse after it was bought by Google? If CJ is bought out, it will more than likely become significantly worse for affiliates in every conceivable respect.
    Google should buy ValueClick, then dump CJ. Then we hope for the merchants to move to AvantLink.

23. Thanks From:

Google should buy ValueClick, then dump CJ. Then we hope for the merchants to move to AvantLink.
    Haha!, that made me laugh

25. Thanks From:

I was told that the PID/by advertiser is a report that they will be bringing back, for sure.

I was also told that they are monitoring all of the feedback given by the feedback button, and that should be considered the primary line of communication when voicing issues.

(just reporting what I heard back)

27. Thanks From:

I was also told that they are monitoring all of the feedback given by the feedback button, and that should be considered the primary line of communication when voicing issues.
    Ah, the ol' Microsoft way of releasing products. Let the users work out the bugs, create tons of patches and updates, and not actually give the user what they wanted (or had) in the first place...

29. Thanks From:

Hell no!!!!

G. owns enough "things" already!

I rather see Prosperent buy CJ and then dump

31. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Valueclick sends quarterly reports that are public and unless they are blowing sunshine up their investors asses they are doing very well. It has always pained me how little CJ, LS and GAN cared about affiliates. I could never understand why the people who made them money were crapped on so much. Was doing some strategic research today on the overall affiliate market and it occurred to me that networks like CJ are managing the biggest brands. So, try to keep up here, they know which affiliates make the most money and marry those with the biggest brands that they manage. The rest of the affiliates are just noise to them. But, what if they only needed 200 super super affiliates? Would that be attractive to a blue book brand to say instead of 250k or whatever number they use to sell a BIG brand if they said, we only need these 200 affiliates? Hell, they don't even call you affiliates, you are publishers! WTF

It's so frustrating as an affiliate trying to get in with the large merchants. Even at our size I am constantly battling my way into new programs. Hidden programs, merchants that are "brand sensitive" (I hate that term. To me it means you don't like making money and will be a pain in the ass to work with). Someone just starting out in this industry is finished before they even get anything going.

When ebates and shopathome shut down, so will CJ.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

35. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    For the sake of being contrarian, don't most user bases dislike changes to the UI? We see a huge outcry every time Facebook changes their UI (how many people still hate the news feed?).

A couple of specific problems were mentioned (missing report, 3 clicks instead of 1 in one situation) but what if CJ tested their changes and there's a net gain in productivity and usability for a new user?

For my part (on the merchant interface) I've never relied on their reports. I've always needed to export data and analyze it myself to find anything truly insightful.

37. Thanks From:

The new reports don't mean much for me. We get a custom report sent to us each day. UI changes are always touchy, especially when features are moved, or in this case removed.

39. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Grimm View Post
    For the sake of being contrarian, don't most user bases dislike changes to the UI? We see a huge outcry every time Facebook changes their UI (how many people still hate the news feed?).

A couple of specific problems were mentioned (missing report, 3 clicks instead of 1 in one situation) but what if CJ tested their changes and there's a net gain in productivity and usability for a new user?
    Nathan made a funny

CJ issues about 5000 payments a month to active affiliates. Just how many new users are there? Piss off the existing to appease the new?

41. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast