"Page Banner was Clicked from" is Blank
    Recently I found some transaction show blank in the field of "Page Banner was Clicked From" about transaction detail parts, Help Center says maybe it is a fraud f it appears frequently. May I know how I judge it is a fraud?

i send email to SAS customer service, but it always ge:worried no answer.....

ABW Ambassador
    Hi hbhglisi - It doesn't always mean fraud. Keep in mind that this can also happen when:

Let's say someone visited your website yesterday, clicked on your banner and went to the merchants website but didn't make a purchase at that time. Today, they return to the merchants website directly to make their purchase. In this instance, I believe the From field url will be blank because the click didn't happen today but your cookie was still valid. It also shows the importance of cookie duration.

As for the fraud question, I don't know that affiliates are offered enough data about the purchase/transaction to judge that.

Is a merchant questioning these transactions or are you just concerned about them?
    Last edited by msladybug; May 21st, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

[QUOTE=msladybug;1153749]Hi hbhglisi - It doesn't always mean fraud. Keep in mind that this can also happen when:

As for the fraud question, I don't know that affiliates are offered enough data about the purchase/transaction to judge that.

Is a merchant questioning these transactions or are you just concerned about them?

I'm a merchant and worry about it is abnormal, I don't know if they used some software causing direct purchase becoming affiliate link purchase...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by hbhglisi View Post
    I'm a merchant and worry about it is abnormal, I don't know if they used some software causing direct purchase becoming affiliate link purchase...
    I stated a reason above that you might see the Clicked From field blank on the affiliate side.

Sorry, I can't offer much help since you are a merchant. I'm not sure what data you are able to see on your end. Maybe another merchant or Affiliate Manager will post and give you more info on why that field would be blank.

Quote Originally Posted by hbhglisi View Post
    I'm an affiliate, not a merchant or affiliate manager. IMO, in general, you should have no worries about this one. Most customers that shop on typical affiliate sites have no idea at all what an affiliate site is. I always get emails from customers, asking if they can make a return or do I ship to [whatever] country. I have to explain that I advertise these items and they must use the contact form on the merchant's site to ask their question.

Your average online shopper still doesn't know what a cookie is or what it does.

Now as for those affiliates who "stuff" cookies, that's an entirely different matter. You will have to either have a very savvy in-house affiliate manager who knows how to check for these types of affiliates or hire an OPM (outsourced program manager) who will not allow parasite affiliates in your program or go through the affiliates you do have and remove those who show signs of dishonest promotion.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I'm an affiliate, not a merchant or affiliate manager. IMO, in general, you should have no worries about this one. Most customers that shop on typical affiliate sites have no idea at all what an affiliate site is. I always get emails from customers, asking if they can make a return or do I ship to [whatever] country. I have to explain that I advertise these items and they must use the contact form on the merchant's site to ask their question.
    You must have designed a great site!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread