Thread: Free data tuesday!

Free data tuesday!
    I guess it would make more sense to call it free data Friday, but I wanted to share this with the community here today .

Attached is a list of merchants that have had at least 1 sale with us in the past 90 days. Column number 1 is the merchant name, two is the merchants conversion rate, and three is the merchants epc (actual epc, not epc 100).

Thought it might be good data to share . You can also grab data like this for free from our trends api, or from our trends datafeed exporter. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, you know what may be a better list?? The merchants who had lots of traffic sent but no conversions!!! I get the feeling alot of merchants tracking does not work or have been turned off.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I'll get one together for you in a few. Less than 50% of our merchants have sales, but almost all of them have traffic. It's funny you brought this up because i'm actually pruning merchants with clicks but no sales.

4. Thanks From:
    kse

Cool stuff. Thanks.

I agree with kse - that it would be interesting, indeed, to see who gets a lot of clicks and ZERO conversions. By coincidence, this morning I've been looking through the Merchant Time Span Summary in SAS. I, too, chose a 90 day span and have identified a few merchants to stop promoting - to be replaced by ones (hopefully) worth the effort.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I have a list of all my merchants and my sales (yearly total per merchant) going back for over 10 years, I purge merchants every 6 month's based on my numbers.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Here it is. 90 days of data for only merchants that have at least 1 click and 0 sales. First column is the merchant, second is the number of clicks, third is the number of sales (always 0)
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks From:
    kse

Don't pay attention to Wal-Mart on that list. We get paid per click by them right now.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Is there any way to give us some idea of the keywords used, or the ads offered?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Everything is from the datafeed, so it will be product specific keywords. I could probably run a custom report for a particular merchant if you needed me to. The data is all there, just have to figure out the best way to extract it. We store the query used for every click.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the data, some of that is pretty eye opening.

One, ebags, 2000+ clicks no sales, which was surprising. I logged into CJ and noticed they were expired, I guess I didn't keep up on that one.

I guess if a merchant deactivates you or expires their program, that would mean it's for everybody using those merchants thru the tools.

Is there a list somewhere of ones that might have been recently expired, terminated etc.? Could this be the case with ebags or are they just converting horribly?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Thanks for the data, some of that is pretty eye opening.

One, ebags, 2000+ clicks no sales, which was surprising. I logged into CJ and noticed they were expired, I guess I didn't keep up on that one.

I guess if a merchant deactivates you or expires their program, that would mean it's for everybody using those merchants thru the tools.

Is there a list somewhere of ones that might have been recently expired, terminated etc.? Could this be the case with ebags or are they just converting horribly?
    eBags just converts horribly...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Not for me they haven't, in the past.

eBags just converts horribly. We've tried running them three or 4 times, and it's always the same. They got the axe for the last time now.

Not for me they haven't, in the past.
    How long ago? I remember years ago they used to convert great. Not so much in recent times.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think too long ago, was trying to run reports at CJ, but I need to figure them out first.

Is this correct:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    How long ago? I remember years ago they used to convert great. Not so much in recent times.
    Looks like conversions slowed down after their last major commission drop...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

19. Thanks From:

Is this correct:
    Correct, we are the relationship manager for the merchants. We negotiate the commission rates, terms, etc. If you join us, you have access to all of the merchants we work with. Same goes for merchants that migrate or deactivate. If they migrate, we follow them, if they deactivate, they no longer show up in our tools.

In the case of eBags, they simply don't meet our standards, so we dropped them. We don't send our publishers traffic to merchants that don't make them money . If you were promoting eBags through us when we dropped them, your traffic is instantly rerouted to better converting merchants with the same or similar products.

21. Thanks From:

We're in the process of putting together an interface so you can explore all of the merchants we work with. It's something we have neglected up until now, but we have been asked for that several times recently.

We don't explicitly have a list of merchants we have dropped, but the attached high click zero sale list is a good indicator of who we would have dropped.

23. Newsletter Signup