Never work with Neverblue
    I run a coupon website where users can submit coupons and vote on which ones work/do not work. Just like RetailMeNot. Been promoting the program for about a month, then Neverblue announced that they will be dropping the program (presume that the client is dropping Neverblue)... few days later, 80% of the transactions on my record were removed without my knowledge.

When I contacted AM, he told me that I offered unauthorised coupons which could never been redeemed hence violated terms and the transactions were cancelled. The fact is that majority of those coupons work in certain countries/for certain products when I checked. Also, there were no clauses in the program which specifically disallowed promoting coupons (usually programs T&Cs would specify explicitly if coupons are not allowed).

If listing coupons which do not work for all users is wrong, then all major coupon websites should be shut down because obviously not all coupons submitted by users work all the time/for all transactions.

I mailed the AM back to ask - if offering coupon codes are not allowed, why are so many other websites offering coupons for the same merchant? Also, how did they determine which transactions to cancel from my account if the reason for removing them is because I have been promoting coupons?

Also the way they managed this was unprofessional. In most reputable affiliate networks, whenever they have issues with any transactions, they would first ask the affiliate some questions before deciding what action to take, rather than cancelling transactions before clarifying.

Let's see what they say.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thought Neverblue was a pure CPA offers network and not a rev share network like CJ or SAS. Did they ever over coupons or were you just monetizing coupons with their offer links?

Monetizing coupons with the links, just as how most other coupon sites work.

Well apparently Neverblue does rev share in an unconventional way. Instead of % of sales, they do very low CPLs which can be negotiated if you perform well. Obviously Neverblue takes a decent % cut and pays out low CPLs regardless of sales values. I prefer % of sales as it is fair.

Spoke with the AM yesterday and conclusion is there isn't much of a chance for me to get the commissions back. This incident really left a bitter taste. Good thing I only wasted time and effort and not much money in promoting it.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    CPA is CPA, they are most likely getting a flat rate per sale.

I just launched a rev share partnership with Neverblue, for what it's worth.

Hey everyone - sorry to hear about the troubles you had with Neverblue. Even though I wasn't there when this happened...

Sounds like the advertiser eventually charged-back the conversions (or just never paid for them). This actually happens to networks a lot unfortunately, and both the networks and affiliates end up taking the hits.

Not sure about the coupon thing - im sure it could become a really good legal debate - but sounds like the adv should either have coupon codes working in all the allowed countries or not have them at all - especially if they're going to chargeback.

Neverblue has usually been considered a CPA network, but we've diversified into CPS and now work with some of the biggest brands in the world (AliExpress, WalMart, Expedia, etc.). Sometimes we are able to work it out on a fixed payout basis, but lately we've been trying to offer both a fixed payout and rev-share version of these offers because some affiliates prefer one or the other.

Hit me up on Skype (NeverblueJoao) if you want to discuss some more - cheers.

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread