ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Highly Suspicious Reversals from a Certain CJ Merchant
    I don't like how they have messed up reporting and have stupid useless graphs to impress their investors. But this does not bother me so much as it's just reporting, what matters to me is things like what Chuck touched on and that is how they treat affiliates like they are just numbers with no value.

I wonder sometimes how these people that work at these companies actually sleep at night knowing that the company ethics are low and their outlook to the people that are the engine of their company are not treated with more respect. I have to say I have talked to the odd person at CJ over the years that seemed OK but overall it seems like it’s mainly run by people that are only money hungry and only focus on their own jobs for a year to improve their own stats to impress their boss and suck up to the merchants.

Previous directors and managers I had dealt with in the past have all moved onto other jobs once they got some ticks on their resume and produced some numbers so there is obviously no long term goals for any staff to want to see the company do better. It's all about today and numbers to them and stats. They have one priority and that is to make as much money as they can and serve their merchants with the highest respect and treat the affiliate like replaceable numbers. Unless you are Ebates or Retailmenot or whatever then you are just another number and have no value at all and this is what they need to change as some of these companies are taking out commissions with toobars and cookie hacks.

That is why I respect networks like ShareAsale as they can at least come on this forum and talk to us whether we agree with other things then that is besides the point. the keyword is "communication" and that is why ShareAsale or similar networks will one day be the biggest and most important networks as long as they keep communicating. CJ hardly ever communicate unless we upset a merchant, then they will send emails that we must reply to in a few days or your account could be in jeopardy. They have little respect or care for the average affiliate; they only care about companies like retailmenot who are bringing in probably 50% of their sales as Google is obviously in bed with retailment as well since they are listed in the number 1 position for just about every promotion online. There seems to be no long term plans as the staff only cares for the upcoming year so their own resume and salary is improved. It's all about the individual and nothing to do with making their own company a long term success, all they care about is NOW and their own pockets, YES it is a sinking ship unless they totally overhaul their bad attitude.

They could easily be the best affiliate network as they have everything in place bar one important thing "respect for their average affiliates". I'm already seeing a lot of bigger merchants going to networks like ShareAsale and Avantllink so the tide is definitely turning but they can turn this around and the time to do that is now.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; June 2nd, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: edited per posters request
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

2. Thanks From:

Mind sharing the name of the merchant (even by pm if you prefer)? I have a TON of data in that industry and can see if we are seeing the same thing from that specific merchant. If so, we can get together and figure out what might be going on.

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    thanks prosperant, I won't name them at this point publically. Can you tell me how I can see if they were part of your network so I can check it out and if so I might pm you the details to compare.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm pleased to say that after contact CJ about this issue a helpful rep there went out of her way to look into this for me and I was able to come to a conclusion that it is nothing suspicious. It's good to have someone from the network help on the affiliate side as that has not always been my experience in the past and maybe they are improving now I hope in that respect.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread