Thread: Rush Industries Dead Links

Those aren't Prosperent links. Can you send me a Prosperent url? If so, i'm happy to look into it and see if the merchant datafeed is broken, contact them and get it taken care of

Landing pages straight from your ad units.
    Last edited by bobby131313; June 2nd, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Well now the page that was showing the dead links is showing panty hose and women's shoes on a page dedicated to coins. Since only about 5% of coin collectors are women, that ain't much better than dead links.

Can you provide me with a URL? PM me if you would like. I need to be able to see the issue in order to check into it

Sorry about that, just saw the link in your last post. Do you have a fallback query defined in your ad code? If we can't find a relevant match for the page, we end up falling back to popular products. If you set your own fallback query, we use that instead. This makes the ads more relevant in these cases. If you are unsure of how to do that, I am happy to help.

Our goal of course is to always find a great page match. We're in the process of rolling out a natural language processing update that should really help determine the topic of pages like this one and display better ads. I appreciate you providing feedback. That's the only way we can improve things

I'm also noticing that we don't have a very large pool of merchants with numismatic related items. Tomorrow I will reach out to the networks we work with and see if there are more merchants we can work with that will help provide better fill for you.

Sorry about that, just saw the link in your last post.
    Yeah, for some ungodly reason ABestWeb insists on styling links the exact opposite of industry standard and 99% of the internet. Then also makes them way too close to the same color to boot. No possible reason for it that I can see.

Do you have a fallback query defined in your ad code?
    Yep:

HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    prosperent_pa_uid = XXXXXX;
    prosperent_pa_width = 160;
    prosperent_pa_height = 600;
    prosperent_pa_fallback_query = 'coin collecting';
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://prosperent.com/js/ad.js">
    </script>
    ID intentionally X'd out.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Bobby, the ads should definitely be hitting your query before displaying the ads we are seeing. I'll let the team know about it first thing in the morning so we can see if there is an issue on our end that needs to be looked into. Again, I appreciate you working with me here

By coincidence, just this afternoon I have begun seriously exploring the Prosperent Performance Ads. I, too was having trouble getting some relevancy - and - I found a line of code that can be added to "force" the fallback query.

Add this line of code just below the line that has fallback_query = 'coin collecting';

prosperent_pa_fallback_query_is_default = 1;
    See if that helps. I tried it on some new pages (about Baltimore sports teams) - and it displayed some numismatic books. I am actually using the "force" to show particular team items on those pages. It seems to be working quite well.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

11. Thanks From:

The force option definitely allows you some very targeted control. You can specify exactly what each page is about and override our built in page analyzer. Now, of course our goal is to improve the analyzer to the point where we do a better job in most cases, but the reality is that we aren't there yet, and we know that.

Some options we are working on are the ability not only to specify a query, but to also specify a negative or positive filtered list of merchants. This would allow you to restrict the ads to specific merchants, or remove specific merchants. Is that something you think you would find useful?

We're basically studying how affiliate marketers use our Performance Ads. Do you find benefit in being able to have more control over what is displayed in the ads?

I like what I see thus far. The "force" option allowed me to fairly well target the ads, allowing much better refinement that with AdSense. I am exploring thossibility of replacing the Goog product with something where the company seems to "care" about affiliates.

I am also trying "the force" on a page that should do well for beach vacation rentals (we already do very well for hotel reservations). It would be good, in that particular case, to employ some positive/negative filtering - so I don't get ads for Myrtle Beach when the site is about Maryland's beach town and vice versa.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

14. Thanks From:

I wanted to update you two on our workflow over here. Today we are finishing up the integration of coupons into our performance ads, tomorrow we will check out the filtering options. That may take a couple days, but we will hopefully have something this week that allows you to filter by merchant, brand, and whatever else makes sense.

From there, we will roll out our new page analyzer which should boost overall relevancy

Thanks, Brian. You guys are rockin' and rollin' and I'm eager to see if this solution works for us - to relieve our dependency on Goog's AdSense. We've only had a handful of clicks thus far but the ads are looking good. I just figured out how to dynamically change the fallback query, which I am "forcing" to match the changes of product on a dynamic page.

Quick question: Is it possible to get your ad links to open in a new window? I didn't see/couldn't find that as an option (but I was at it for too many hours yesterday).

Not currently, but i'll bring it up to the team. We have gone back and forth on it in the past. Perhaps it is time for us to do some formal split testing on new window versus current.

18. Newsletter Signup