ABW Ambassador
    Private Offers Confusing
    I still don't get these private offers on Linksare after all these years. I just don't understand or have I really ever bothered to work out their strange system but maybe I should now I'm planning to start promoting LS merchants again....

View Private Offers (52)

View Expiring Private Offers (9)

when I click a private offer I expect to be instantly approved but I have to accept certain terms etc and then wait for them to approve me, what am missing? is this an offer or way to get me to grovel to merchants and ask can I PLEASE PROMOTE YOU??

Actually here is an example when I go to accept the terms they have offered me (did they not bother to research me and see if I'm what they are looking for?) I guess NO, they want me to beg them to ask for permission to promote them. This is exactly the sort of joke I have talked about in the past where affiliates are treated like dirt:

This advertiser has chosen to review and manually approve all applications. Your application status will be set to Applied and you will receive an email if and when you are approved.

PlanetShoes.com requires that you approve their Terms & Conditions. Review the terms & conditions and check the box below to indicate that you agree with these terms.

I have read and accept the Terms & Conditions
    if any merchants read this then your wasting your time. I will not be begging you to let me promote you. If you want me to promote you then you better have instant approval and make sure it is clear in an email. If I go to you and ask then that is a different story.
    Last edited by glittered; June 3rd, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi glittered,

I believe you are seeing this because of a recent bug in our system. You should not see any offer that is not a private offer extended to you. Our tech team is working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

--Ranae

I meant to post a similar response from LS via a support ticket last week..

My account is full of merchants that indicate "No relationship" without even so much as an Apply button. They can't be deleted, which is annoying as many of them have nothing to do with my niche! The usual suspects are cluttering the list.

Support ticket said it was being worked on... hopefully gets resolved soon as I missed a couple of GAN-transition merchant offers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hi glittered,

I believe you are seeing this because of a recent bug in our system. You should not see any offer that is not a private offer extended to you. Our tech team is working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

--Ranae
    Hi, OK thanks for the update.

Can you also please read my other thread and let me know if you can help as this is actually more important for me: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/rakut...ss-166606.html
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Will this be fixed soon..?

I have approx 60 stores listed that have "No Relationship" - these are not private offers, just store names I have no intention of joining. This needs to cleaned up - I don't even bother looking anymore.

Can LS just delete everything with 'No Relationship'..?

And try sorting.. it doesn't work.. computer memory cards from 2012 stay at the top, no matter what. I can't see new offers, and stopped checking.

They deffo need to clean it up.
    I have merchant that I belong to that are extending private offers but no where can I even find a way to except them.
    And the inbox takes 8 click to delete non merchants all the way out of the messages. 4 on the inbox and 4 on the deleted messages
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

7. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I got an email from a LS rep remind me to accept a merchant's offer. I went to my account an accepted the extended offer, and received this message:

"Your application to this program has not been processed. This merchant has established certain criteria for affiliates applying to their program. Unfortunately, your site does not meet one or more of these criteria. For more specific approval information, please refer to the merchant's application criteria."

Application? I didn't apply for it, you ask me to join your program.

Whatever this bug is, it is driving us crazy for sure.

9. Thanks From:

Dear Linkshare,

Get this Private Offers tab fixed once and for all..

It isn't rocket science - when I "decline" a merchant from the Private Offers tab, where the status is "No Relationship" (which is NOT a private offer, I might add), I want that merchant GONE from the list.

I said no.. which means I have declined... it should be GONE. Even your EXPIRED merchants are still there.

The Private Offers tab has become a useless feature - pages of merchants piling up that you can't delete.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Just like in the world of politics and fake news, Linkshare has used propaganda to re-define a term that most people understand to mean one thing, but as used, means something very different. "Private Offer" USED to mean a specific reach out by a merchant to give an affiliate better terms, generally a higher commission rate, to influence the affiliate to join the program and promote the merchant's products. Linkshare has re-defined the term so that it now means this: An unsolicited advertisement. Period. Nothing more. It offers NO benefit to the affiliate, and serves only to annoy.

STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP!

Linkshare has been at the very bottom of the scale of responsiveness to affiliate suggestions and requests. Try something DIFFERENT this time, and LISTEN and act accordingly.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    I have a number of private offers. Most have no relation to my sites or interests. I did accept 2 offers......one was a "We will take your application into consideration".....the other actually hooked me up immediately, but they were a new merchant to LS.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I'd like to know why I was accepted last week for river Island only to receive an email today to say that I've been removed, I haven't had a chance to put any links on my site yet.
    Unfortunately for me LS is way down the list of networks, I have have around 60 sites registered with them many to do with fashion. Yet I have to apply to join for every website which to me is ridiculous.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience but we are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved by the end of the week.

--Ranae

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    The rogue Private Offers have been removed from our channels.

Thank you!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Fantastic news!!!

Thank you for fixing this - it looks great!

And might I add a BIG shout out to Ranae, who continues to get it done...

Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post

Thank you!
    They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

I have had a private offer from Intrepid Travel for a long time, I cannot accept or decline it, it keeps saying my application has not been processed because they have certain criteria.
    I don't want to join their program but sure would like to get this out of my private offer area.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Fantastic news!!!

Thank you for fixing this - it looks great!
    And might I add a BIG shout out to Ranae, who continues to get it done...

Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated here!!
    They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...
    Typical Linkshare "Fix" - back just the way it was with all those crappy, PHONY "offers" that are just ads.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Finally fixed.. or we're just being teased...

Those generic not-really-private offers are gone (again!)

22. Thanks From:

... for now.

We shall see what the future holds.

24. Thanks From:

Finally fixed.. or we're just being teased...

Those generic not-really-private offers are gone (again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    ... for now.

We shall see what the future holds.
    Was afraid to say anything, lol...

Don't think all were fixed. I have a John Hardy approved private offer sitting in Private Offers (not a real private offer either) which I can't get rid of. Didn't join them, can't get rid of them.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread