...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Good Riddance - Vanns.com
    Since Vanns.com went into bankruptcy and then was bought out, they have been less than desirable to try and work with.

Got this email on May 1st -

I am excited to kick off May with this Newsletter. We here at Vann's are refocusing our efforts towards our affiliates, knowing that our affiliates are very important to us. That being said our Affiliate list hasn't been maintained and therefore is out of control.
    Our Goal:

We want to focus on our affiliates who are really making commissions, and turning a profit for us; therefore creating a more customized experience for you on your website as well as offering better returns on click through purchases!
    Our Strategy:

During the month of May we will be keeping track of all of our affiliate "Sales Generated" -> choose the top 10% -> and use these 10% as our affiliate list. This way, we can be more purposeful on getting great content to you. Meaning more sales generated!!!!!!!
    Conclusion:

We are wanting to take care of those affiliate who will take care of us. For the month of May let see who gets into our top 10% ! Again, we are very excited to refocus on you, our affiliates. Thank you.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Best,

Team at Vanns
    Took the opportunity to respond:

Greetings,

How about some appliances? Your datafeed had hardly any last time we looked. Also, none of the links to appliances work on your website.

We'd like to take care of YOU - but first...
    They replied:

We decided to stop selling our appliances online because shipping was just too expensive.

We haven't taken all of them off the site quite yet but they will be down soon.

Sorry about the bad news!
    Today, they removed us from the program - while I could personally care less, you just have to love how networks allow NO window before being removed.

This is an automated notification regarding a status change for the Vann's ShareASale Affiliate Program.

This merchant has removed you from their program.
    Good riddance...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

We received the same email today.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

wtf does that mean...??

If you don't make the "privileged" top 10%, you're dropped.. ?? Or just ignored... until you come up with a good idea yourself, generate sales, and then they will acknowledge your existence..?

This industry is becoming a joke.

Dropped...

lol,
    I got the same email....
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

I feel left out -- been with them since 2006, don't think I ever sold anything for them. Maybe I'll hear later!

Maybe they're going alphabetical based on our forum names... LOL

Shoot me your email addy Herb I'll share mine.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

10. Thanks From:

Lightbulb
    my list of merchants is churning right now, one more gone won't matter. I've so many changes on my sites that I'm making adds and deletes but not sending new pages yet to the servers. By July 31 many of my datafed pages will also be cut, leaving just a few links to the respective merchants.

I haven't been dumped yet. Had some very large sales with them in the past, but none in May. Maybe I'm next. We'll see.
    ~Ernie

Tax Paying Member
    I got the "Dear John" letter also...........Looking at the posters above...I guess that I travel in good company........
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

14. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I bumped this thread to the last two contacts I have with the company to see if they would comment. AM and COO bounced.

Popshops just announced on Facebook that Vanns removed them from the program so the feed is now offline.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

To me this screams LAZY management. This sounds like a person(s) who wants to do as little as possible. If they only work with the top 10% of affiliates - those affiliates will probably do most of the work for them and make them look successful. And they are justified to ignore the rest who would require more work to succeed. I'm all for rewarding hard working affiliates who get results, but wouldn't they be better off "providing great content" for those who need it the most? Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Instead offer a reward for those who are most improved.

18. Thanks From:

and here I thought it was just me.

Removal notice received by email as well.

Ironically, I found it in my SPAM folder.
    :coffeetim

ABW Ambassador
    That is as bad as it gets to only keep the top 10%, what about those hard working affiliates that might have been in the 1 - 9% range and were spending several days building links or promotions and then find they are dumped by these idiots. The best thing to do is when you come across am's like this is to contact the owners, CEO or directors of the company directly and let them know what sort of idiots are messing up their brand name. Also LinkedIn is a good way to get to some of the top people in the company
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

22. Thanks From:

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread