ABW Ambassador
    I can't Delete or Even Hide Old Websites
    I would actually like to completely delete some old websites in my account but I see there is no way to do that sadly. The only alternative is to use the "Hide" feature but even that does not show up for some websites in my account (not default one either). My guess is that those sites were listed before the Hidden feature was implemented?

Also, is it possible you could fix the issue that when an affiliate is getting links for a website then it should stay on that website as the default. I have to continually remember to change the link to the website I'm currently getting links for and often I can forget. All other networks do this as far as I know.
    Last edited by glittered; June 20th, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    For your first issue, you can "Hide" websites only after you disassociate all ad tool subscriptions from that website. Once that's done you can set a site to "Hide" status. You can see which subscriptions the site is using by clicking on "Edit" for the site from the "Edit Websites" page in the "Account" area:

https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate/edit_websites.php (-login required)

On your 2nd issue, are you talking about link creating with the Custom Link Builder tool?

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    I would actually like to completely delete some old websites in my account but I see there is no way to do that sadly. The only alternative is to use the "Hide" feature but even that does not show up for some websites in my account (not default one either). My guess is that those sites were listed before the Hidden feature was implemented?

Also, is it possible you could fix the issue that when an affiliate is getting links for a website then it should stay on that website as the default. I have to continually remember to change the link to the website I'm currently getting links for and often I can forget. All other networks do this as far as I know.
    Hey Glittered. We don't have a delete option for websites because for reporting purposes. If for whatever reason you needed to go back to a previous report that showed activity from a now unused website, that reporting would become unavailable if that website was deleted. Some may not have any use to look up old reporting, but there's enough demand from affiliates to have constant access to all old reports to deem keeping all configured websites, new and old, in place.

As far as the hidden option goes, you can actually hide any website you'd like. Once hidden, it won't appear as one of your active websites on your account or to any merchants looking at your account. If the option isn't listed to hide the website, it means that you currently have some active tool subscription that you would need to deactivate before marking it as hidden. For example, if an old site of yours is running an Affiliate Link Encoder subscription, we'd prefer you delete that subscription and save our system a bit of extra work rather than running it on a site you're not planning on moving forward with again. Once all active tool subscriptions are deactivated on a site, you can mark that site as hidden.

Finally, the affiliate website staying put is a good suggestion and definitely something I'll pass along to our dev team. If you're aware of this already, I apologize, but do keep in mind that you can change your "default" website associated with your account. A default website will be the site that the links normally default back to, so if you're using Website B more than Website A and A is listed as the default, it's probably a good idea to change that to B.

Hopefully that helps.

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Whoops, looks like Gary and I were writing back at the same time

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-AvantLink View Post
    Whoops, looks like Gary and I were writing back at the same time
    That's how we roll...

ABW Ambassador
    OK thanks and I understand all that and I look forward to see the default website issue changed in the future and yes I was thinking that I could just change the default one as a temporary measure.

One idea I might suggest it that you could have a separate page for hidden websites so they are not clogging up the page of active ones.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread