Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Payment Currencies and Methods

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Payment Currencies and Methods
    Any plans on AW changing their current payment currencies/methods?

• We do some business in the UK but are located in the U.S., we are paid in GBP () - can we get paid in USD ($)
    • Can we get direct deposit for our UK payouts to a U.S. bank? (Note that US Banks do NOT use SWIFT codes) Preferably in USD ($)
    • Any way we can get ALL regional (US, CA, UK) commissions paid in USD ($) and Direct Deposited to a U.S. Bank, in one Payment?
    Last edited by Emily Parr; August 30th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Great questions - I'll do my best to answer what I can right now, and will check with our Finance team in the a.m. to get the rest of the answers.

1. Can you be paid in USD instead of GBP for UK sales? - the answer is yes! Just go to Settings > Payment, then change the payment details for your "United Kingdom" earnings. USD is one of the 55 destination currency choices.

2. Direct Deposit for UK payments to a US bank in USD? Instead of direct deposit, we offer two choices: payment by international wire, or payment by check. You choose the currency, and USD is definitely one of the choices. We don't charge affiliates anything for sending an international wire.

3. Right now I believe that each commission is paid separately based on region earned, but I will confirm this with Finance and repost tomorrow. If it's not an option, I'll make sure to suggest it.

Thanks!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Great questions - I'll do my best to answer what I can right now, and will check with our Finance team in the a.m. to get the rest of the answers.

1. Can you be paid in USD instead of GBP for UK sales? - the answer is yes! Just go to Settings > Payment, then change the payment details for your "United Kingdom" earnings. USD is one of the 55 destination currency choices.

2. Direct Deposit for UK payments to a US bank in USD? Instead of direct deposit, we offer two choices: payment by international wire, or payment by check. You choose the currency, and USD is definitely one of the choices. We don't charge affiliates anything for sending an international wire.
    1 & 2 - Not according to the interface.

Also, for international transfer - the form REQUIRES "BIC / SWIFT / Transit Code" - which is not used in US Banks.

[EDIT] After scrolling down to the BOTTOM of the forum it shows "Destination Currency" were USD is available. The "Payment Threshhold" all show GBP.
    Last edited by Convergence; June 20th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Happy to clarify!

Before I answered I double-checked in the interface, so yes, it's all there. I'd be glad to walk you through it.

The payment threshold is in GBP, but the last item before "Update" is Destination Currency, which is where you may select USD.

I'll confirm that BIC / SWIFT / Transit Code info as well.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

6. Thanks From:

Just for the record, sales made for our US merchants are paid automatically in USD unless otherwise requested. Those commissions can be paid via direct deposit. Payment frequency is also your choice - either one or twice each month.

Focus

Like to stay on track, please - with US Affiliate getting paid in USD by direct deposit / wire transfer from UK / CA programs.

Thanks, J...

Hey, didn't want you to think I forgot! Turns out today was the Finance Department's summer outing, so I couldn't ask the questions I needed. They'll be in on Monday morning, and I'll be here right after that with an answer!

10. Thanks From:

Turns out today was the Finance Department's summer outing
    Ah, Summer Solstice - nothing like dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight...

Hey, didn't want you to think I forgot! Turns out today was the Finance Department's summer outing, so I couldn't ask the questions I needed. They'll be in on Monday morning, and I'll be here right after that with an answer!
    The Finance Department make it out of the woods, yet?

I have part of the answer!

I was told that the SWIFT code is available through your bank, if they accept international wire transfers. I called Chase, and they gave me their code right away.

I've emailed our top Finance guy about paying both regions in one payment.

I have part of the answer!

I was told that the SWIFT code is available through your bank, if they accept international wire transfers. I called Chase, and they gave me their code right away.
    99% of the banks in the US are NOT international banks. As I stated before, SWIFT code is not used.

Ask them if the ABA routing number can be used in it's place.

Thank you...

I will see if that's possible.

16. Thanks From:

Okay, have some answers, working on the rest.

Our vendor in the UK uses multiple options to send payments to the US, which means that by selecting the "Payment by International Wire" option, we will use your information to identify your bank and account and treat it basically like an ACH. The money will show up in your account as a deposit a few days after it is issued. Because it is an ACH, you shouldn’t have any fees as the receiver, and of course Affiliate Window never charges anything to send commissions to an affiliate.

My understanding is that all banks have a BIC code. I’m working to find a website which will enable affiliates to look up the one for their bank. I’ve also been told that frequently the BIC code actually appears on the monthly bank statements, but I haven’t confirmed that yet. I did try calling my personal banks and was able to obtain their BIC codes over the phone, so that may be your first choice for obtaining this information. We’re also investigating whether we can do things in reverse – using the ABA code to identify the BIC code. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out.

18. Thanks From:

Find anything out about using the ABA routing number in lieu of BIC/SWIFT codes?

We are actually testing something overnight. Hope to have the final answer for you in the morning!

21. Thanks From:

Perhaps a possible answer on Monday?

I hope so! Just waiting for the bank to confirm the deposit!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks for the extra effort.

Should we be looking for a deposit to OUR account? ROFL...

Haha, if this works, I would love to use it to send you lots of big commission checks (hint, hint!).

We have some commissions from a UK merchant we're looking to withdraw. Conversions fees and payment by check from the UK eat up too much of the profits. That's why we wanted to know if things have changed. Actually started this inquiry over a year ago.

If this works we will be re-entering the UK market with merchants we used to promote a few years ago before we pulled out.

Who knows, maybe some US merchants...

Our test worked! Give us a few days to tweak the wording, and we'll have something great to show you!

29. Thanks From:

Woo-Hoo!

I'm in the money...

Our test worked! Give us a few days to tweak the wording, and we'll have something great to show you!
    Anything to share?

Pretty darn soon! We're working on it, promise!

Just checking in...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast