Exclamation Any Help Would Be Appreciated :)
    Hi

Yes I am new to this whole internet marketing concept kind of skeptical about it all to be honest. As a Newbie I really don't know all that much.
    Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice they can share ANY help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    James

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    James the forum is full of advice but we don't do training. Take some time to read this sub forum to find answers to your questions.

3. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    and if/when something doesn't make sense - ask!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Welcome James There's an entire section here in the forum called "Starting your affiliate marketing business" You are in it now. It has a lot of questions and answers, articles, resources, etc. for anyone just starting out. (and those who might just want to find helpful information) If there's something specific you're trying to learn you can also just type it in the search and it will show you posts about whatever it is. If as Convergence said you don't understand something after looking at the posts just ask. Good luck

6. Thanks From:

Thank you for the advice its highly appreciated. To be honest I really just don't even know where to start but its all good its my problem trial and error is my best friend it seems at this moment lol. Again thanks for taking the time to respond looks like ill be doing a lot of reading in these next few weeks to increase my knowledge

Best Of Luck To All
    James

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    We all started with our first site years ago, and that's how we learned. That's great that you're ready to start the process - actually going through each step is the best teacher, and ABW is a great resource. Welcome!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

9. Thanks From:

You are very welcome.
    "To be honest I really just don't even know where to start"
    You're not alone in that. Was the same when I started, most likely even more so.

In the beginning it can feel very overwhelming but it's like that with anything that's new to anyone really. Do have one lil tip I suppose. Choose something that you're interested in such as maybe a hobby or anything you may know a lot about. It's easier when you enjoy what you're writing about instead of something you don't like and then get bored about it.

There really is a ton of information here, just take your time and as you said, you've got a lot of reading to do. If after doing so you have questions, you'll find that members are willing to attempt to answer them.

11. Thanks From:

You can also check out the James Martell banners we are running as he is recommended for affiliate training.

PB: Thank you very much your advice is going to be taken into consideration and used. Now just a quick question do you have to stick with selling products to get paid or can I just write a blog of content I LOVE and still make money off of it im new to this whole aspect as I said lol I know nothing comes overnight either im just finally ready to sit down and put my mind to it .

JC: Thank you for your response and yes im learning quite a lot of new things on here as this is something I pretty well know nothing about done a few blogs here and there worked with wordpress blogger and whatnot just wanting to increase my knowledge all around

CH: Thank you for the tip but that's a new I have heard a lot and I know a couple fellow marketers and wanna-be marketers that have had some dealings with him and advised me to steer clear of him as he has done some shady business in the past NOW THATS NOT MY STATEMENT just what I have heard through the grape vines

Wow, I've known James for 8 years, first time I've heard that.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

15. Thanks From:

like I said not my statement I don't want it to sound like im defaming his character or anything for all I know he could be a stand up person id honestly have to judge for myself just going on from what I have heard and read like I said im totally new to this so lol

I just always say watch out for the "big check" guys - the ones holding a poster-sized check with lots of zero's on it. Usually they are sellng the same system that made them a lot of money a long time ago, but isn't still applicable.

18. Thanks From:

Yes I've heard that as well haha and never buy into anything starting up should be free except for domain registration. Now a quick question can you make money off of a website that does not offer a product or any services but perhaps just an educational site that generates a lot of traffic and get paid besides Ads from companies??

Nope, if you don't want to sell products you don't have to do so. Certainly am not suggesting to copy anyone's blog but make some searches for blogs and you can see various ways they're monetizing them. Certainly can have a blog without selling products on it.

You can use general type banners or text links if you don't want to focus on individual products. An alternative to that is Google adsense or any of the others where their ads would be on your site. Just make some searches on this topic and you can learn more about it.

21. Thanks From:

If you don't sell products how are you going to monetize the site?

I have only had good luck with James Martell and met him at the first Affiliate Summit I attended in 2007. I heard the same thing about Brian Littleton and he walks on water here so consider the source.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSch View Post
    can you make money off of a website that does not offer a product or any services but perhaps just an educational site that generates a lot of traffic and get paid besides Ads from companies??
    Chitika & Adsense but I have not used either
    Home | Chitika Online Advertising Network

No one will send you money just because you write a blog.
    You need to monetize it with advertising.

Join an affiliate network. You will be able to choose from banners,
    product pictures, text etc... to use in your blog.
    Last edited by Rhia7; June 20th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    Chitika & Adsense but I have not used either
    Home | Chitika Online Advertising Network

No one will send you money just because you write a blog.
    You need to monetize it with advertising.

Join an affiliate network. You will be able to choose from banners,
    product pictures, text etc... to use in your blog.
    Welcome James ,
    I agree with Rhia7. Just a little tidbit - I'm assuming you already have a blog or website (your niche)? If you're wondering how to make money or how to become an affiliate, this may help you at a later time. Do some research - find Ebooks that pertain to your niche and sign up with vendors as an affiliate (search ClickBank). Everyone loves informational products!
    Place a book cover image on your page, along with a little blurb about the book, and why you would recommend it. This does two things, i.e. offers your visitors other great informational resources, and gives your site more credibility. Don't over-do it though. You should definitely sign up for an account with Adsense too! Good luck.

find Ebooks that pertain to your niche and sign up with vendors as an affiliate (search ClickBank). Everyone loves informational products!
    This is not representative of affiliate marketing as a whole. Many affiliates here (myself included) have niche websites that show physical products.

Honestly, telling someone to start by selling ebooks via ClickBank doesn't help them learn about the industry.

26. Thanks From:

Agree, Clickbank leads affiliates to create thin sites that make it hard to sustain traffic and are one dimensional. Its not what we consider affiliate marketing here.

28. Thanks From:

29. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread