Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Why George Lucas and Steven Spielberg worry about High Tech
    In an interview with TechCrunch, both filmmakers think Hollywood will take it on the chin through a "massive implosion" because of all the options available through the internet. Seems we just won't have enough time to support all the movies in the theaters if we can simply go online and be just as entertained.

Do you agree?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Leaving the house to get entertained is a treat...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

if too many films are being made, then hollywood will have to adapt. they can reduce the number of films to fit the market, or distribute via personal connections ( internet / phone / cable / sat ). the cost of making films will change to match the revenues.

the newspapers are still adapting to their internet competition.
    The internet is a fad.

Working form a home office and spending countless hours in front of a screen encourages me to read "real" books when I want to read a novel. I like (need?) the tactile feedback of turning real pages. I don't watch much TV - except for some sports, music and old movies on Netflix. But for getting out of the house and watching a (truly) big screen with powerful audio - nothing beats going to the movies. As Convergence says, "It's a treat."

What's a newspaper?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The experience in the theater versus even a reasonable home theater are night and day. Otherwise we would all just watch everything via our smart phones.

Agreed that the theater experience is TOTALLY different than watching a movie on your phone. Just getting pretty expensive to go often, especially when most of the movies out there don't look worth it.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

8. Thanks From:

I entertain myself with whatever is offered on Free Hulu.com
    and Youtube

I don't pay for HuluPlus or anything like that.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have some friends who only use Hulu. Works out pretty well for them, but I do always make sure to call them if bad weather is on the way, or there's a wild fire close by. Can't always count on news alerts, and they don't have cable at all.

I totally gave up television "cold turkey" with the switch from
    analog to digital television. Buying a new television at the time was
    not worth it to me & I just got used to not having one.

In terms of weather you can type
    "weather + zip code" into Google or another engine
    like Ixquick and you'll get pretty accurate weather results.

I live outside of New York City. Often my weather will be the same
    but not always, so if I want to hop on a train, I can check
    "Weather 10007" (an example of a NYC zip code) prior to my departure.
    Last edited by Rhia7; June 24th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Thanks From:

You're right, that's a great weather function. I only let her know if it's dangerous weather, like a storm that actually comes with a tornado watch/warning, or a blizzard forecast. Doesn't happen often, but I still play mama hen! We were surprised by our first blizzard after we moved to Colorado, and I learned my lesson then.

I have Netflix, Youtube, XBOX360, Laptop to carry around and connect all of these on one device and a new desktop... I have no time to waste in a movie theater unless it's about Zombies. Let me not forget GuitarSmith connected to the xbox is nice
    The thought of the big screen and zombies is exciting... ok I'm gonnna have to see World War Z ASAP.

I gave up regular TV 10 yrs ago. I found it all boring when X-Files season and Cleopatra 20/20 was gone and then Xena Warrior Princess.. OMG I could have died..when all of this was gone....

After that I found out about Affiliate Marketing and have been staring at Guru Promotions since
    :groovy:Woodstock was before my time, and I am forever angry I missed that concert.

15. Thanks From:

My wife and I got rid of cable several years ago, got rid of all but one tv (connected to a computer in the basement), and never go to movies. I have literally been to 1 movie in the past 3-5 years. In the end, I can't say that I miss any of it. I do more productive things with my time, get outside, stay active, and most importantly, spend more time with my family/kids. From what I have heard from co-workers, most newer movies are pretty terrible, and a growing trend seems to be spitting out remakes of older movies (with more special effects of course) anyway.

17. Thanks From:

Well, I can't say that about TV, but I have only been to one movie all year. There are two I'd like to see right now, but I don't care if that's in a theater or not.

Seems like most of remakes are pretty awful - an occasional surprise, but otherwise seems like just yuck!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread